Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

5 a side

• 18-10-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi all,

I hope I'm not repeating threads but currently looking for players to play 5-aside in Cavan Sports Complex on either a Monday or a Wednesday evening...OUTDOORS

We have a few players but if we can get a couple more to guarantee a game/2 games a week.

If we get more than 10 it will be done on a not around, shipped out basis. Basically the same 10 will play every week (mixed teams) until someone can make it, the person that doesnt make it will go to the end of the queue(should we have one) :pac:

Anyone interested?

Thanks a million
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

What age group are you looking for? Also what time in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Thanks for replying gazzer. We are looking for all ages from 20 up. We are a bunch of lads ranging from 20 - 35 but we've had interest from a fit 45 year old so any age really.

Dates and times up in the air at the minute its now looking like it will be possibly a Friday night. One of the lads is checking it out this evening and i'll edit my post when I get confirmation of the exact day and time.

Thanks for the interest again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

No problem. I can mention it to some of the lads in work (work in Cavan town) and they might be interested depending on the day and time. I would play myself but I am 100% useless at football :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Hows the numbers?
    Would be interested

Hi Folks,

Its looking like its going to be on a Friday night from 9pm - 10pm

Always looking for bodies so if you can make it this Friday(any other Friday), hit me up here or send me a private message and we'll arrange something.

Thanks for the interest lads!

Eric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Cheers Eric, will send you PM

5 a side starting this day week from 9-10pm. We currently have 7/8 people. Looking for maybe 2 or 3 more?

We arent overly great but have played ball before.

Anyone at all interested in signing up folks? Thanks a million.

Would love to get this up and running ASAP. Gets you out and about and active, all be it for an hr a week.

Its only €5.50 per hour and its on just outside that Cavan Sports Complex.

Cheers guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RangerK

Hey guys,

Have you managed to set this 5 a side up yet?

I would definitely like to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

RangerK wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Have you managed to set this 5 a side up yet?

I would definitely like to play.

We had our first match last Friday.
    There also should be a game tomorrow if we have the numbers.

Great stuff,

So if I turn up at the complex at 9 with my €5:50, I can play?

Or will it posted on the forum if there's a game or not?

How did last week go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Not sure on numbers yet so I can't say for definite.
    But I'll send you a PM when I know.

It was a good games last week. We are lucky since everyone is in or around the same level.

Cool,

Hopefully there'll be a game on.

I'm no Messi but I like to play and need the exercise!

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know if it happens.

Well played last night lads. Bit messy at times but still only finding our feet.

Will post later in the week to see who's around.

Thanks again!

E

Advertisement