Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galactic Federation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

espinolman wrote: »
    What do you think , is this true ?

No. I air on the side of caution on random pdfs pulled off the net. Do you believe it?

Also, when did aliens start using AOL email to communicate?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

That thing reads like really bad sci-fi.

I don't see why anyone should take it seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

No. I air on the side of caution on random pdfs pulled off the net. Do you believe it?

I did'nt pull that off the net at random , it seems to match up with what i know , it makes sence , i believe it is true .

Does'nt this explain what UFOs are really about :
    Here we monitor the hidden activities of your
    >> secret government's underground bases and maintain a close and
    >> continuous surveillance of your world and the workings of the last
    >> remnants of the dark.

Sometimes the Galactic Federation do de-cloak their ships :

Galactic Federation Fleets
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ehZSSpGSRo

The secret government should watch that video ,:P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ohh a spooky voice.
    It must be a direct transmission!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

King Mob wrote: »
    Ohh a spooky voice.
    It must be a direct transmission!

Discuss the topic or dont. Taking digs wont be tolerated. Expect a crack down on comments like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

interestin letter

I particularly like the 57 flavours of Aliens.

its always hard to tell with things like these, the more outlandish and implausible it sounds on first inspection the higher the possibility that it is actually true, as it would fly in the face of ''çonventional Wisdom'' and therefore all the Disinfo thats asscosiated with the the cover story being peddled at us from all angles.

that said have you any more corespondences from this author???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

They have a base on Mars .

Here is a message from them :

http://sci.tech-archive.net/pdf/Archive/sci.astro/2004-06/0636.pdf

What do you think , is this true ?

I think it's complete total and utter rubbish and no, it's not true in any way whatsoever. The only CT I can see here is whether or not this initial posting and that document have any linkages to Scientology and/or used as grooming techniques for feeble minded people intent on believing this kind of sci-fi stuff.

How can you even remotely believe this is true ? What are you basing your beliefs on ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Dunno I think you have to look past your first impression of the letter and then consider the points being raised in it again.

main one for me, the asteroid Belt is the remainder of the original planet these guys occupied, and our moon is the moon from that.

dont get me wrong tis a fairly outlandish theory, and may have a lot to do with Scientology, but Lets look at the post in particular rather than trying to question/secondguess the motives of the Poster

, and may have a lot to do with Scientology

Absolutely and positively nothing to do with Scientology , actually kinesiology , if anyone is really interested then download and read this :

http://www.themarsrecords.com/download.html

The mars records are about a man who regained hidden memories of military service on mars , i believe it to be true .

• Advertisement

Nehaxak wrote: »
    What are you basing your beliefs on ?

Common sense .

Common sense .

It isn't really common sense though, is it? It's the opposite, really.

It isn't really common sense though, is it? It's the opposite, really.

Do you mean the subject of this thread , well it might not seem like common sense to you , but it does to me , some people think earth is the centre of the universe and there is only life on earth well that does'nt seem like a common sense theory to me at all , how anyone could believe this is beyond me , just look how far we have come technologically in the last century , if you had told someone say 150 years ago what was going to happen they would have told you that you are nuts ,and thats not common sense , if you told them about the technology we have today .

Maybe those who are saying this thread is not common sense have tunnel vision !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The mars records are about a man who regained hidden memories of military service on mars , i believe it to be true .

Isn't that We Can Remember It For You Wholesale by Philip K Dick?
    main one for me, the asteroid Belt is the remainder of the original planet these guys occupied, and our moon is the moon from that.

This is just from a quick look at Wikipedia, but it seems the mass of the bodies in the asteroid belt is only about 4% of the mass of the Moon, and they have a range very different chemical compositions, too much for it to be likely to be from a single planet.

Do you mean the subject of this thread , well it might not seem like common sense to you , but it does to me , some people think earth is the centre of the universe and there is only life on earth well that does'nt seem like a common sense theory to me at all , how anyone could believe this is beyond me , just look how far we have come technologically in the last century , if you had told someone say 150 years ago what was going to happen they would have told you that you are nuts ,and thats not common sense , if you told them about the technology we have today .

Maybe those who are saying this thread is not common sense have tunnel vision !

You're completely conflating two seperate concepts in that argument, though.

I believe that there is other life out there; I think that it is an arrogant view to assume that Earth is the only suitable location for life in this vast universe. Do I believe there is intelligent life? Yes, certainly. So, in that sense I agree with you.

Now, do I believe that this intelligent life is setting up a base on Mars and is involved in some sort of a Galactic Federation? No, that just seems absurb. I don't even believe that any extraterrestrial life has visited Earth. The distances are too vast and, unfortunately, the limitations of the laws of physics apply to all life in this universe.

You can believe that there is extraterrestrial life without believing in this - in my opinion, absurb - notion of a Galactic Federation setting up on Mars and the Moon etc.

Don't conflate the two arguments. And certainly don't use the assumption of one (believing in extreterrestrial life) to back up the other (Galactic Federation etc.).

Undergod wrote: »
    Isn't that We Can Remember It For You Wholesale by Philip K Dick?

Yes , it could be , it could also be that Philip K Dick was writting about something real , just because someone writes a sci-fi story does'nt prove it is not true or based on something real !

You can believe that there is extraterrestrial life without believing in this - in my opinion, absurb - notion of a Galactic Federation setting up on Mars and the Moon etc.

'Galactic Federation' is a descriptive name of what we are discussing .
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, CopprplGoth Bd BT]11) The ET's who will arrive on 2017 are referred to as "The Controllers." They are a
    "galactic federation" type group; however, "galactic federation" is not the real
    name for their group--it is hypothetical name used as a reference.[/FONT]

Quote from :http://www.exopolitics.org/Exo-Comment-66.htm

How is it known that they will arrive in 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

So if you know thats not the real name then what is?

How is it known that they will arrive in 2017?

As far as i know , there is not going to be a mass alien landing until there is a single world government , so they are aiming for around 2017 , but if there is not a single world government it will not happen , i think things which are happening in the world are being planned around this .
    What do you think would happen if they came now , some countries would probably fight them , but if there is a single world government !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Nice and convenient for you then so, because there wont be a single world government in any of our life times.

As far as i know , there is not going to be a mass alien landing until there is a single world government , so they are aiming for around 2017 , but if there is not a single world government it will not happen , i think things which are happening in the world are being planned around this .
    What do you think would happen if they came now , some countries would probably fight them , but if there is a single world government !

You're not answering any of my questions, you're just deferring them and raising more questions in doing so!

Give me the pieces of evidence which lead you to know (I would say believe, but you seem to think that you know this as the truth) that:

1) They won't come until there is a single world government, and,
    2) That they're aiming for around 2017.

How can you possibly even consider this as truth? I'd like to see what leads you to believe that this is the case. And don't cite someone else on some conspiracy website; give me something believable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Now, do I believe that this intelligent life is setting up a base on Mars and is involved in some sort of a Galactic Federation? No, that just seems absurb. I don't even believe that any extraterrestrial life has visited Earth. The distances are too vast and, unfortunately, the limitations of the laws of physics apply to all life in this universe.

I disagree, not with the aliens setting up moon bases part, because that's borderline insanity, but the improbability of intelligent life having visited or even being capable of visiting earth. It's not outside the laws of physics, our comprehension of physics is just primitive in the grand scheme of things. Einstein scrached the surface and now we have about a dozen ideas of faster than light travel, to us they're just idea's, but to extraterrestrials centuarys even thousands of years ahead of us, they might be functional technologies. Imagine if we didn't have the dark ages, where science was considered heracy, if that centuary or two was spent worshiping knowledge instead of superstitions, life would be very different now. We would have a much deeper understanding of the universe and our limitations, and I'm sure that any extra solar life have a much deeper understanding than we could possibly even imagine.

TheManWho wrote: »
    I'm sure that any extra solar life have a much deeper understanding than we could possibly even imagine.

This always confuses me ... why do people presume we (humans) are the retarded cousins of the universe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

nobody is saying were the retarded cousin's! What is being said is that we are very very young compared to the rest of the universe. So like anyone thats young we think we know it all where in fact we know jack.

Sorry, I was phrasing it to add a little humour. I just mean I see no reason to believe that if life exists that it would be any further along (if even comparable) as opposed to being less developed. Presuming its vastly superior just seems like a romantic notion to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

i would be the polar opposite, i would expect some but not all life, to be very advanced,in galactic terms i believe were still primitive. Only time will tell 6th, who knows, some of us will be right and wrong. But i'd hate to imagine were the most advanced life around, doesn't inspire me for the future of the human race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

6th wrote: »
    This always confuses me ... why do people presume we (humans) are the retarded cousins of the universe?

Even to other humans, humans are the retarded cousins of the universe and I am not a human.

First contact with an alien race would benefit the human specie which needs guidance. So far humans have done a passable job, but its like expecting dogs to raise themselves, they won't turn out amiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Even to other humans, humans are the retarded cousins of the universe and I am not a human.

Say what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

forgive me if I have taken this up wrong....
    but this Galatic federation who have a base on mars are communicating with in essence a nobody here on earth instead of contacting governments? media outlets or even landing and chating to locals......
    I find that vitually impossible to believe that a race has taken up a base on mars and yet communicate in this way......

Advertisement