Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insurance

• 10-02-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I'm looking to get my macbook insured. Any insurance broker i've contacted so far won't insure the laptop on it own. Anybody know of any insurance company that will cover me?

Ps: I'm sorry if this topic has come up before, i found one but it just descended into an argument over Dixons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

best course of action is to find out if you are insured under house insurance. I've heard of a thing where you pay a certain amount and contents of the house are insured even when you are out of the house.

Not one-hundred percent sure on this though

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

ouse insurance would be my first thought too. You'd have to pay an excess to make a claim, the amount will depend on what company, policy etc you use.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

House insurance may not be as useful as you think. My laptop won't be fixed as our house insurance doesn't cover over heating or something like that. So if I were you I would find out what exactly your house insurance does and doesn't cover before relying on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Nugget89

Thanks fellas, I'll to look into covering under house insurance so. I just want to cover it from gettin knicked like my last laptop.

Advertisement