Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My John Paris Cue...sell it ?

Options
  • 29-04-2015 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

I have a John Paris cue I bought sometime in the mid-nineties. I bought it in his showroom in Forest Hill East London. I think I paid something like 150 pounds for it. It's a 2 piece ash ( the type where you can clearly see the grain ). The split is the longer 3/4 and a 1/4 style whatever the proper way to describe that style is.

Anyway I was thinking I should sell it. Anyone have any idea where I'd get a best price for it? EBay or maybe advertise here ? To complicate things it currently resides in my friends house in Clapham, London and I didn't bother to take it with me when I left over 10 years ago? Any advise appreciated !

Edit: I've no idea from what range of cues mine was from except to say I think it was the cheapest he had !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

Hi,

depends on the condition of the cue.
    I remember checking on ebay last year as a mate of mine has a john paris cue from 1994, it think it was valued at €1k -€1500
    I'd get the cue first, check condition, then decide what to do with it

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Look man I'm assuming the cue is still in mint condition , obviously I'll have to get my mate to double check that before I put it up for sale. I worded my post as 'should I sell it?' when I really meant 'where/how to sell it and how much could I expect to get for it'. Are you saying the cue increases in value over time like an antique !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Hard to put a price on it without looking at the cue. Estimated value could be anywhere from €300-€1500.

Advertisement