Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How long to get test date?

• 25-11-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I've booked (and paid for) my test on 30th October, and have still to receive a date for my test. Its for the Tallaght test centre.

Does it usually take this long or is there something up?
    Is there anywhere I can check if its still pending or what?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

http://www.rsa.ie/en/rsa/learner-drivers/the-driving-test/test-waiting-times/

Say's roughly 8 weeks. If you call them and ask for a cancellation you could get a test in 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

So wait, is that 8 weeks before they tell me when my test date is (which could be a further 6 weeks or so), or is it 8 weeks from the time I book my test to the time I'm doing the test?

8 Weeks from booking the test to actually taking it. It's usually less than I specify in my experience, I was told 7 weeks when I applied and had a test within 5 weeks.

OK cool. Thats good.
    And how long after u booked ur test did u actually get told the date that you'd be sitting it?

I got a letter about a week after I booked just to say they had my money and will issue me with a test in due course. 2 weeks later I got another letter to confirm a test day for 2 weeks time. So in total 5 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

You are normally given 4 weeks notice of your date. You should receive a date towards the end of the week. You'll sit it between Christmas and New Year probably.

I got a date yesterday, after emailing them on monday.
    The date is 3 weeks from now.

I assume its less than the 4 weeks notice due to xmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Best of luck with it!

Advertisement