Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Monife wrote: »
    I can never find those sausages :( None of the Supervalu's near me ever have them (but they always have the Gluten free ones which are not low in points) :(

Girls, I too slipped up a bit this week. I was good enough on the weekend (used all my weeklies but made good choices) but tonight I was too lazy to make dinner after I did the shopping so I had a demi baguette with sausages for dinner and a few drinks and 2 packets of crisps ooops... hope it didn't do too much damage, would be happy with STS this week but have a feeling i'll be up, even though I didn't go over by more than 15PP in total, so technically I shouldn't be up, but my body doesn't work like that :( If I go over by a few PP, I am instantly up :(

You never know Monife - when is your WI?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭zookey

hi has anyone bought the weight watchers kitchen scales i would appreciate any feedback on it plz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

twirlagig wrote: »
    You never know Monife - when is your WI?

Thursday... fingers crossed :o

zookey wrote: »
    hi has anyone bought the weight watchers kitchen scales i would appreciate any feedback on it plz

No, but I wouldn't waste 50euro on it!! You can get good ones (like Salter etc) for less than 20euro and just calculate the points yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

Hi this is my 1st post here but read every day , it's great!
    I'm gold member 3 years but this last year i've put on over 2 stone, gradually came back on over the years :mad:
    Anyway i started back in Jan and had losses every week, small but i was down so happy! then two weeks ago i got stuck in work and missed my meeting, ever since i've totally fallen off the wagon , was away 4 weekend, eating choc's 4 val day, eating all weekend cos its lent wed, pancakes today - it just wasnt ended!!!
    i weighted myself at home last nite and i'm a half stone:mad:, i'm actually to afraid to go to my meeting Thursday now, i couldnt face it.Ive missed this last two weeks and i do no there is were i;ve went wrong but ive let to go so far now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

user37 wrote: »
    Hi this is my 1st post here but read every day , it's great!
    I'm gold member 3 years but this last year i've put on over 2 stone, gradually came back on over the years :mad:
    Anyway i started back in Jan and had losses every week, small but i was down so happy! then two weeks ago i got stuck in work and missed my meeting, ever since i've totally fallen off the wagon , was away 4 weekend, eating choc's 4 val day, eating all weekend cos its lent wed, pancakes today - it just wasnt ended!!!
    i weighted myself at home last nite and i'm a half stone:mad:, i'm actually to afraid to go to my meeting Thursday now, i couldnt face it.Ive missed this last two weeks and i do no there is were i;ve went wrong but ive let to go so far now.......

in the grand scheme of things you havent gained that much. Everyone falls off the wagon at some stage, the main thing is getting back on it... You obviously have a good mindframe about it, being a gold member took some serious work... For most people on here it's their second, third or in my case 4th time at WW.

I know what you mean about not facing it. I know a lot of leaders say "ah you should never be embarrassed about your weight" ... that's easy to say for someone who has lost weight, in the case of when you miss a few weeks or have a really really bad week, no matter what anyone says, you are embarrassed and full of dread. I know I used to be mortified when I knew I had put up,I felt like it was written all over my face that I had a bad week/gain. It was like everyone knew you were the one that had got WW soooooo wrong. So instead of facing it, I just avoided the meetings and WIs and ended up getting bigger and bigger and then was more embarrassed about my jeans not fitting and how I had given up.

I would definitely go back. Prepare yourself, and speak to your leader as you are getting weighed. Chalk it off and start afresh. You obviously know what you are doing. Good luck User.... that half stone will be gone before you know it!!!!

• Advertisement

Totaly off topic girls and boys but this is my first ever web design gone live on my work website could ye all enter and fingers crossed one of ye will win the weekend away but just make sure to feed the butlers choc to some else :)

Budget Car Rental Competition

Hehe i am very proud of myself :)

That is brilliant! Love that hotel! stayed there when it had just opened! :D

Just entered the competition there... fingers crossed....

That web design is fab! its not real over the top... really cool! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

zookey wrote: »

I bought an electronic scales in argos a few weeks back for 8.50.. It's so handy, it's quite small but it does the job quite well =)

ali85 wrote: »
    I would definitely go back. Prepare yourself, and speak to your leader as you are getting weighed. Chalk it off and start afresh. You obviously know what you are doing. Good luck User.... that half stone will be gone before you know it!!!!

But half stone in nearly 3 weeks!!!! i've 2 and a half to loose now but it is totally my own fault, just dont no when to stop eating!!!!
    i think i might face it thur cos i no it will get woorse if i dont

ali85 wrote: »
    in the grand scheme of things you havent gained that much. Everyone falls off the wagon at some stage, the main thing is getting back on it... You obviously have a good mindframe about it, being a gold member took some serious work... For most people on here it's their second, third or in my case 4th time at WW.

I know what you mean about not facing it. I know a lot of leaders say "ah you should never be embarrassed about your weight" ... that's easy to say for someone who has lost weight, in the case of when you miss a few weeks or have a really really bad week, no matter what anyone says, you are embarrassed and full of dread. I know I used to be mortified when I knew I had put up,I felt like it was written all over my face that I had a bad week/gain. It was like everyone knew you were the one that had got WW soooooo wrong. So instead of facing it, I just avoided the meetings and WIs and ended up getting bigger and bigger and then was more embarrassed about my jeans not fitting and how I had given up.

+1 on this completely. If only I had asked for help/advice last year when I was gaining!! It was one meeting after the next and a lot of ups and downs and then I didn't go for a good few weeks and before you know it I had gained 16lb of the weight I had lost. I am still trying to lose it. Also, I know I am going to be up this week and the thought of not going to my meeting flashed into my head, but I said no, if I don't go this week, I am subconciously giving myself the right to royally f**k it up this weekend (and I have a girls night planned this weekend). Definitely go to your meeting, forget about the gain, draw a line under and start again :)

I am having major snack attacks today :( I know I am already going to be up but I feel like I am sabotaging myself even further. The worse thing is there is a hamper at home from my Dad (he doesn't pay attention at all to the fact that I am in WW) filled with chocolate biscuits and chocolates and other goodies and I feel like when I go home, I am just going to dive right in because my OH is away so he's not there to tell me not to have them or to eat them himself :(

But half stone in nearly 3 weeks!!!! i've 2 and a half to loose now but it is totally my own fault, just dont no when to stop eating!!!!

I put on 6lb in 2 weeks back in August (during my wedding and honeymoon). It is embarassing to yourself, but only to yourself. Your leader won't make you feel uncomfortable and no one else has to know your gain. Just draw a line under it!! Next week you could have 1/3 or a 1/2 of that gone if you are really good. Try and fill up on fruit and other filling and healthy foods (note to self, take own advice ha ha) :)

• Advertisement

Just think, thats 2lb a week... if you work at it, 1 or 2lb per week you will be back on track in no time... like you say, when you don't look after it it will just get worse..

thanks girls, i've decided i'm defo going to go. i can see the look of disappointment in my leaders face but at least i will be on track.:)
    7 weeks to easter - i can have that silver 7!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

was down 1lb today.. you would think I would be happy wouldnt you but no cause i know I had lost more, was really good, pointed everything, had 30 weeklies left as i wasnt drinking at the weekend, had weighed in on my home scales (which match the wi ones) on Saturday was down to 11st 11lb which would be my two stone, decided to have a light day yesterday before my weigh in today... had cereal and yogurt loads of fruit, vegetable soup and a roll and for my last supper i said i would have fish and veg and bns wedges so no real carbs this was all so i would not be bloated this morning... guess what a light day does not work because you are hungry and when you are hungry you find things to pick at like that extra two slices of toast or the 3pancakes with nutella i had last night!!

So down 1lb but mad at myself because of my carb binge after dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

was down 1lb today.. you would think I would be happy wouldnt you but no cause i know I had lost more, was really good, pointed everything, had 30 weeklies left as i wasnt drinking at the weekend, had weighed in on my home scales (which match the wi ones) on Saturday was down to 11st 11lb which would be my two stone, decided to have a light day yesterday before my weigh in today... had cereal and yogurt loads of fruit, vegetable soup and a roll and for my last supper i said i would have fish and veg and bns wedges so no real carbs this was all so i would not be bloated this morning... guess what a light day does not work because you are hungry and when you are hungry you find things to pick at like that extra two slices of toast or the 3pancakes with nutella i had last night!!

So down 1lb but mad at myself because of my carb binge after dinner!

I'm sure if you took the carb binge out of your weeklies you would still be within your allowance. It just may not have showed this week. Stick with it and what you saw on your home scales should show for you in time!

Have my WI tonight and terrified as usual! I have been good this week too, 35 weeklies left but I havent done much excercise. 2.5lbs to my stone but just hoping for a pound tonight.

I'm sure if you took the carb binge out of your weeklies you would still be within your allowance. It just may not have showed this week. Stick with it and what you saw on your home scales should show for you in time!

Have my WI tonight and terrified as usual! I have been good this week too, 35 weeklies left but I havent done much excercise. 2.5lbs to my stone but just hoping for a pound tonight.

Ya I had the weeklies for them and they re-setted today so another 49 :) Have my god childs party on Saturday shes 5, I'm going to bring my own food and everyone will be so busy they wont even notice!!

Just realized Friday is my 6 month anniversary with Pro Points :)

26.5lb lighter than I was when I started not that has put a smile on my face even though I'm grumpy over my carb binge.. but hey one in 6 months is not bad lol

Monife wrote: »
    +1 on this completely. If only I had asked for help/advice last year when I was gaining!! It was one meeting after the next and a lot of ups and downs and then I didn't go for a good few weeks and before you know it I had gained 16lb of the weight I had lost. I am still trying to lose it. Also, I know I am going to be up this week and the thought of not going to my meeting flashed into my head, but I said no, if I don't go this week, I am subconciously giving myself the right to royally f**k it up this weekend (and I have a girls night planned this weekend). Definitely go to your meeting, forget about the gain, draw a line under and start again :)

I am having major snack attacks today :( I know I am already going to be up but I feel like I am sabotaging myself even further. The worse thing is there is a hamper at home from my Dad (he doesn't pay attention at all to the fact that I am in WW) filled with chocolate biscuits and chocolates and other goodies and I feel like when I go home, I am just going to dive right in because my OH is away so he's not there to tell me not to have them or to eat them himself :(

Ha! With it being pancake Tuesday, the last day before lent... my OH and little one are going to be diving head first into the biscuit tin... I am dreading it!

I am trying to be good this week. After staying the same last week I really want to make some progress towards the first stone (3lb away). I used 23 weeklies this week and at this stage (without my hour this evening) I have 17 activity points. Just had a lunch of steamed veggies and potatoes. (2 small baby boiled potatoes) and some fruit so as to save pp for tonight (Fish & veggies with WW chips & pancakes!!) Don't wat to go any further into my weeklies before WI tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Hey everyone!

So I was down 3lbs this week! :D Delighted! That means I reached the stone and I'm now 1st 2 1/2lbs down in the past 5 weeks. Really happy with my progress. I also managed to get my 5% goal this week as well. The only part that did leave me a little disappointed was that out leader ran out of time talking this week and didn't give me my stone or 5% sticker. I know this sounds really childish but to me it was a big deal. However she gave a great talk so that was why she ran over. I'll just remind her next week.

To those of you that are saying that you might not go back: Please Stick With It!!!

In our meeting we were just talking about this. This is my third attempt at Weight Watchers. The last time I gave up because I had so much to lose and wasn't seeing great results on the scales. However I wasn't following the program properly and that's why it didn't work. When I look back at the person who gave up the last time, she had 6 stone to lose and thought that was the end of the world. Well I gave up and now I have 10 stone to lose!! :( If I had kept at it I would be at my goal and it would have completely changed my life. Instead I've even further to go and it'll take me longer. But I will do it!! And so can you! Please learn from my mistakes and stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lisa I hate when your scales at home show a milestone you wanted to achieve only to be down, but not as much in WW has happened to me as well!
    My scales showed me down 5 pounds first week on 26pp after Christmas, double checked it the morning of WI only to be showing I was up! I wanted to break the scales were my loss go! I was up as well 1.5 livid I was! mind you only made me more determined!

I'm dreading pancake tonight see what my lads say, if they want some I will make them, we tend to have them a lot with loads of fruit any way! so they might be browned off with them.

Also don't worry if you have some pancakes today guys. I'm heading to Marco Pierre Whites steakhouse and I know I'm going to blow my points. I can already taste my fillet steak with bearnaise sauce and fries, plus creme brulee for dessert. Oh and a glass of red wine. But I've 30pp left for today and all my weeklies, so I'll just be good for the rest of the week! :D

Hopefully.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Well I don't know whats wrong with me this week! I haven't tracked since my WI on Thurs, but can rest assured that the weeklies are well & truely gone. And cannot stop craving chocolate today. Instead of the usual willpower, I have had a pkt of the kit kat bite size things & a pkt minstrels. WTF. And a curry and pancakes tonight. I am definiately on a downward spiral. What to do, what to do.. Feel I have lost all control ;-/

Well I don't know whats wrong with me this week! I haven't tracked since my WI on Thurs, but can rest assured that the weeklies are well & truely gone. And cannot stop craving chocolate today. Instead of the usual willpower, I have had a pkt of the kit kat bite size things & a pkt minstrels. WTF. And a curry and pancakes tonight. I am definiately on a downward spiral. What to do, what to do.. Feel I have lost all control ;-/
    Maybe try and do a Filling and Healthy day? That'll signal to your mind that you are back on track!

Just draw a line under it and start fresh tomorrow. Dont get bogged down thinking about all the bad stuff you have been eating and then the cravings will go away. I find that the more I worry about when I have gone off the tracks the further off I stray.

Get your house organised with loads of sweet but healthy things - blueberries are great this time of year and I think they are still 2 punnets for 3 euro in Lidl. Check out the WW website for some success stories to motivate you. Pick a new recipe to try - or find a way to adapt a favourite to WW friendly. Think of how well you have done and just use that thought to push you forward! Best of luck hun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

As a matter of interest anyone know the pps of a plain pancake(not that with 4 down it hardly matters!!!) :(

Maybe try and do a Filling and Healthy day? That'll signal to your mind that you are back on track!

I'm not sure about the filling and healthy days. I'd be afraid that either my portions might be too big, or I might make them too small to ensure I don't go over board and be starving. Hard to know..

Just draw a line under it and start fresh tomorrow. Dont get bogged down thinking about all the bad stuff you have been eating and then the cravings will go away. I find that the more I worry about when I have gone off the tracks the further off I stray.

Get your house organised with loads of sweet but healthy things - blueberries are great this time of year and I think they are still 2 punnets for 3 euro in Lidl. Check out the WW website for some success stories to motivate you. Pick a new recipe to try - or find a way to adapt a favourite to WW friendly. Think of how well you have done and just use that thought to push you forward! Best of luck hun :D

Yeah, I had been so good, making new recipes and ahead for the days to come. Maybe I just got bored. Must find some new recipes to try, but am not looking to spend all day in the kitchen either you know. Thanks for the pep talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

I'm not sure about the filling and healthy days. I'd be afraid that either my portions might be too big, or I might make them too small to ensure I don't go over board and be starving. Hard to know..

Draw a line under it Bailey and start again tomorrow! Plenty of motivation, lent and all that jazz! 7 weeks to Easter, that could be half a stone gone! Keep it up :-)

Just had my WI and I'm down another 2.5lbs!! Getting my stone tonight!! 7 weeks and a stone and I couldn't be happier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Just had my WI and I'm down another 2.5lbs!! Getting my stone tonight!! 7 weeks and a stone and I couldn't be happier :D

Well frigging done! I've had a ridiculous amount of pancakes! Gonna go for a run in a while to get rid of some of them! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

well done tiny_penguin!

up half a pound, a bit sickened to be honest but think it could be the kick up the ass I need! started back at the gym last night and felt great so hoping that will keep me on track too- did some shopping this evening so heres hoping for a good week!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement