Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best console deal

• 04-12-2002 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

With X-mass coming up I've noticed alot more packages for consoles.

Which do most of you reckon is best for money.

I saw its a Xbox with those 2 sega games and one more game of €50 value for 300

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Best Deal:

Xbox + SegaGT + JSRF + Halo + Splinter Cell for RRP £199.99 which is about €320.

Everywhere has it. I'm picking it up myself for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Got a PS2 in Dixons 2 chart titles for 360

Best deal i found and i looked everywhere.

KdjaC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Please don't flame me (yeah that means you Shinji)...

But I'm thinking of buying an Xbox (I sort of feel [more] dirty).

I have my eye on the same deal as Kevok mentions above.

Yeah i know exactly what you mean meglome, but that deal coupled with xbox live (i have broadband) is making it hard to resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

But I'm thinking of buying an Xbox (I sort of feel [more] dirty).
    Yeah i know exactly what you mean meglome, but that deal coupled with xbox live (i have broadband) is making it hard to resist.

Do not turn to the dark side :)

The PS2 one in dixons(which i hate)for 360+10% mate discount is what im aiming for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

nothing can beat that xbox bundle tbh, esp. since all the games are worth playing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The XBox + JSRF + SEGA GT + Splinter Cell + Halo is the best deal available here by a mile. Shop around though, Game are (surprise!) selling it for more than others.

Or, take a wander up to Toys R Us in Belfast, where - as far as I know - you can pick up the same deal for £199 (€320) and they throw in Champ Manager for free.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

ah me rembers the days when consoles and puters came prepacked with 3 or 4 games and hope those days are set to return!

Do not turn to the dark side

But the dark side is such good value :(
    ah me rembers the days when consoles and puters came prepacked with 3 or 4 games and hope those days are set to return!

Aye, the first console I got with no bundled game was my beloved N64. I did get Goldeneye with it seperately though :)

Hehe, I knew so many ppl who bought a PS1 and for months had only a demo disk to play.

Originally posted by Kevok
    But the dark side is such good value :(

faustian deals always look like good value at first but what do you do when Bill Gates comes to the door looking for one soul?

If you dont belive me read the EULA :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Does anyone else feel sorry for the Cube? :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Does anyone else feel sorry for the Cube?

Not really as it has 25% of the console market with Xbox having 15% and PS2 60%, well thats according to latest figures ive seen on a few gaming sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Does anyone else feel sorry for the Cube?

I do, it seems to be getting left out a lot now, I think I'll pick one up round christmas.

the games are just not there for the cube. even the xbox has more "good"(i feel dirty saying that) games than it. but when zelda and metroid arrive it will be a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The Cube is sucking hard this Christmas. Nintendo/Capcom have shafted Europe badly by not releasing Metroid Prime and Resident Evil Zero here before Christmas.

It'll pick up in the new year, but this is going to be a disastrous Christmas for the Cube in Europe. It's doing very well indeed in the USA and Japan though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

but when zelda and metroid arrive it will be a different story

:(

I said that so many times.

Personally im dying to get a cube but here is my case for and against.

For
    Fookin class games
    Mario /Zelda /Metroid to name 3

Against
    Last year it was GC or Ti 500 i got ti 500 and and kinda enjoy online gaming and not paying €70 for one game.

Really dont want to be getting back into paying shít loads for one game when i could have 2 top PC releases.
    Ninty games always come late and Disco Stus comment above gets said a lot replacing Zelda/Metroid with other game names.

Oh what to do ...

kdjaC

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

I don't feel sorry bout the cube. Bout it 4 months ago now and have been well pleased with it ever since. Nintendo always make the best games. Have bought Mario Sunshine, ISS 2, and Super Monkey Ball. Will buy Metroid after Xmas and from the reviews from the states it's supposed to be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I got a N64 a few years ago. I had 2 games in about 3 years. They were a rip off and never brough out.

One good game a year isnt reason to buy a console bugger off mr cube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Super Smash Bros Melee...

Try Cube, try.

Will be interesting to come back to this topic next year, after Metroid and Zelda has been released here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

man cube seems nice , its got its own games , X box is a great system BUT ALL THE DAMN game companies RELEASE games for the bleeding ps2 so i am going for a ps2 . .........or wait dead or alive 3 is out for x box aswell isnt it ? hmmmmmmmmmm tough decision .....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I am confused here .

Xbox

or

PS2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

xbox mmm f a b l e

Advertisement