Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's over... 8x22 "Everybody Dies" [US] **Spoilers**

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

It has been suggested by a poster that the ending is just the delusion of a terminal cancer patient and that House died; nonsense! That is delusional in itself by someone who can't bring themself to accept the ending!

No question of whether or not House actually died, the writers always maintained that the show was inspired by Sherlock Holmes and the fake death ending borrows directly from Sherlock Holmes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Enjoyed the retrospective doc. Fun.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

jordainius wrote: »
    It has been suggested by a poster that the ending is just the delusion of a terminal cancer patient and that House died; nonsense! That is delusional in itself by someone who can't bring themself to accept the ending!

No question of whether or not House actually died, the writers always maintained that the show was inspired by Sherlock Holmes and the fake death ending borrows directly from Sherlock Holmes.
    Yes, as I said in the post above, he's not dead- according to David Shore.
    He knew people could interpret it differently but there's no way to really prevent that. Foreman knows House is alive because he finds the ID badge.
    Apparently they seriously thought about killing off House, then considered House faking his own death. It was only then that David Shore says he thought about how it parallels the Holmes story. He said in an interview that it only occurred to him after they decided on the ending but that it's a really cool parallel.
    He has also said that he wouldn't rule out a House movie one day but that it may or may not ever happen- and he's not sure how they'd fit Wilson into the equation if they ever do.
    Still gutted about Wilson. SOB. :(

The Black Oil, I also enjoyed the Swan song. Thought it was great. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It was a bit odd, but I liked how it was mostly just Hugh going around with a camera. No overdoing it with endless clips of talking heads patting themselves on the back.

As for the finale, it wasn't a big TV moment a la Lost or The Sopranos, but I'm not bothered about that even though they made crappy creative choices in recent years.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I though it was pretty lame. I had figured he wasn't dead. There was just way too much time left in the episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

Just watched Swan Song. I thought it was a decent way to wrap up the show and give credit to everyone that worked on it. Really shows the scale of production that goes into these shows. Cue sad it's over feeling again :o

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

Laurie is on Graham Norton next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭techyjon

How may episodes did he have conversations with people in his subconscious. Apart from zoning out for those bits listening to women getting on to him I thought it was a good episode. It's far fetched how a man having long winded conversations with them two (Cameron & Wilson's ex). Why them anyway? I always found that ex of Wilson's hard to listen to.

Everyone loved House because he was always a step ahead of everyone else and what better way to finish than him faking his own death. A good solution to avoiding Wilson dying alone while he was in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I got confused as to what the random thread I got notified about was... Bit of a bump here...

I have watched the finale since it aired but I still don't like it. In my mind, House should have died. That would have been much more in keeping with the mood of the show for most of the seasons. In my opinion

Advertisement