Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No reunion the last I heard. Announcement on night train forum

Much like MYGNR, a forum filled with loons/sycophants, I mean Axl's housekeeper and her family ''managing'' the band, IF Axl has pulled out at the 11th hour the backlash against him will be far greater than the old band imploding, the entire 17 year wait for Chinese, only for said album to flop

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Much like MYGNR, a forum filled with loons/sycophants, I mean Axl's housekeeper and her family ''managing'' the band, IF Axl has pulled out at the 11th hour the backlash against him will be far greater than the old band imploding, the entire 17 year wait for Chinese, only for said album to flop

They uploaded a new photo on there facebook page with the cohella logo (or whatever the festival is called). Could be true now

They uploaded a new photo on there facebook page with the cohella logo (or whatever the festival is called). Could be true now

Just seen it now, guess we're just gonna have to wait on the Coachella announcement, which has been confirmed

https://twitter.com/coachella/status/684202073840160768?lang=en

Looks like it's a go, Slash just tweeted this

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAJDN85TYNl/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Some Poxy line up :D:D

• Advertisement

There back baby. Hopefully I will see them somewhere.

Who are LCD sound system

Isn't it live streamed every year? hopefully Axl don't **** up like he did Rio 2011 *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Who are LCD sound system

An electronic act similar to the kind of stuff the lad from Talking Heads is at these days.

They are also undergoing a reunion they called it quits 5 years ago if even.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Who are LCD sound system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Have to say I got the chills from this :)

http://gunsnroses.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I like the way confirmed is "confirmed". Giving Axl a little bit of wiggle room if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Icaras wrote: »
    I like the way confirmed is "confirmed". Giving Axl a little bit of wiggle room if needed.

Wiggle room? Hardly. If he pulled out of something this big he'd be ruined and he knows it.

More likely it is a response to the endless bitching on the bands various forums about his silence up to now regarding a reunion.

So it's officially confirmed, we know 3/5th of the line up, guesses as to who else could be involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it's officially confirmed, we know 3/5th of the line up, guesses as to who else could be involved?

I think the drummer from the last version is involved and maybe Izzy or even Gilby ? Also I take it dizzy is still there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

That says GNR are confirmed to play, but who's actually in the band?

Does my heart good to see the logo everywhere.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    That says GNR are confirmed to play, but who's actually in the band?

Does my heart good to see the logo everywhere.

Well Axl, Slash & Duff are locked in, the rest of the line up, nobody knows

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think the drummer from the last version is involved and maybe Izzy or even Gilby ? Also I take it dizzy is still there ?

I'd say Frank Ferrer would man the kit, Eddie Trunk said Matt isn't involved in any way, shape or form, I'd be fine with Richard Fortus if Izzy isn't involved.. Dizzy never left :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus, do you reckon we might get to hear Axl singing Anastasia?

I've literally never been this excited about a gig. Especially one I'm not going to be at.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jesus, do you reckon we might get to hear Axl singing Anastasia?

I've literally never been this excited about a gig. Especially one I'm not going to be at.

I think the chances of Axl singing any of Slash's solo songs are slim or highly unlikely, all Guns, obviously the classics, hopefully some deep cuts and possibly some of the Chinese Democracy stuff.

Coachella and the US Tour = testing the waters, then hopefully a full blown tour follows..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Pittman are all confirmed with Frank Ferrer also seemingly indicating that he is behind the drums.

No info. on rhythm with Fortus and Dave Kushner rumoured. I'd say the latter would be somewhat unexpected.

No info on Adler, Sorum or Izzy and whether they were even approached.

Chris Pitman is definitely on board anyway...

https://twitter.com/CPitmanofficial/status/684247755116560385

The two keyboardists thing never sat right with me, going back to when they added Teddy 'Zig Zag' Andreadis to the show for the UYI tour in 1991 after Izzy had left. With the girls on backing vocals they became something of a cabaret band.

Interesting to see how they do the show, will they split it into sections i.e. for Appetite, UYI, CD. The idea of Slash playing any CD songs live is hilarious but it would be a huge kick in the balls for Axl if there are no CD songs on the next GNR tour!

Why is Chris Pitman even involved?? He has to be the most useless member..

Why is Chris Pitman even involved?? He has to be the most useless member..

Who knows what's going on. If they're now actually confirmed for a show then we shouldn't be too long waiting on an official announcement from the band...whoever the band actually is now!

So where will an Irish gig take place.

4 possibilities

Slane
    Croke Park
    Aviva Stadium
    Punchestown racecourse

3arena too small but would be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

4 possibilities

Slane
    Croke Park
    Aviva Stadium
    Punchestown racecourse

You can rule out Croke Park. Residents had a fit about Garth Brooks, imagine how they'd react to Guns N' Roses given their reputation for late shows.

4 possibilities

Slane
    Croke Park
    Aviva Stadium
    Punchestown racecourse

Croke Park and Slane would be the most obvious venues

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You can rule out Croke Park. Residents had a fit about Garth Brooks, imagine how they'd react to Guns N' Roses given their reputation for late shows.

When you say late shows in regards to GN'R, do you mean the set length? or start time?

sugarman wrote: »
    It wont.

If they even make it this side of the water, they'll play major european cities / festivals. Wouldnt be worth their while coming here.

Why wouldn't it? Of course they'll play here. Slane 2017 is my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When you say late shows in regards to GN'R, do you mean the set length? or start time?

Start time. But they have gone over time before also. The Croke Park residents always seem very quick to kick up a fuss so I'd expect them to have a field day with Guns N' Roses.

Advertisement