Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Sympathy for Carol is eroded completely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Val and Ray should do a double act - the nodding heads......

Oh and what's the story with Charlie's hair??? Did he ever hear of a barber?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Are we all decided yvonne bought the pub off louie ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

It seems that way, but I think there will be some sort of twist. Had she bought the pub, I would have thought that she would have taken great delight in telling Carol in person, rather than sending Farrell to do her dirty work. For that matter - since when was Farrell her solicitor?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I'm sure it's been said before, but Ben's acting in that scene about his grandad was appalling. I have seen better actors on my sons school nativity when he was 4. Honestly, this country is awash with drama schools for young kids...he needs to be replaced, and quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

No I don't think she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

The bar scene with Laura was horrendous.... apart from Caoimhe's dress that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

That Ben is brutal!! And val looks like a complete simpleton pulling those faces!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

So... how many "Look it's" will we hear from Jo on xmas day?

Serious question.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

sffc wrote: »
    Dermot's acting taking that call was APPALLING :-(

are you for real? SO did Yvonne buy the pub? i don't know what's going on. Why would Orla be made mananger? I can't see Louis throwing Jack out on the street like that. What's going on? someone fill me in please.... Couldn't disgree more with ye dishing the child Ben. Great little actor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Gee_G wrote: »
    And val looks like a complete simpleton pulling those faces!

Val practices face pulling ;)

233065.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is Jo "look-it" Fahey coming back for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 femmefatale

Some good stuff coming up on christmas day it seems.....well for judith and luke anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Val practices face pulling ;)

233065.gif
    Ha ha, she'd wanna watch the wind doesn't change! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

2 things don't add up:
    1. Why did Carol go for Decco so aggresively from the start, telling him to move. Surely she could have been a bit nicer evicting, without notice, a troublefree tenant who had been paying his way. Someone who had given months' rent in ADVANCE? Anyway I don't know tenant law, but surely that's illegal, no matter how suddenly the landlord needs his 'gaf' back. She's burning a lot of bridges lately.

2. How has Bob, a shareholder, no idea, no right to find out about new ownership. I am not familiar with Company law either, but I'd hazard a guess he has a right to know if there was a takeover, and who has power to implement these changes. He wouldn't be there watching Caddle and not having a clue.

I know nothing really about law, but these type of irregularities are annoying in the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Tommy's brother is weird.Like some demented stalker he gets told by a woman she has no interest in him over and over again and yet his response is ''oh i like you so you must like me''...

I have a feeling Neasa is his daughter also hence why he gave her a bar..She seems to have his brains while the others as as dumb as Tommy the ram.Wonder what the return of Jo will have on things hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭Hitchens

DramaQuee wrote: »
    2 things don't add up:
    1. Why did Carol go for Decco so aggresively from the start, telling him to move. Surely she could have been a bit nicer evicting, without notice, a troublefree tenant who had been paying his way. Someone who had given months' rent in ADVANCE? Anyway I don't know tenant law, but surely that's illegal, no matter how suddenly the landlord needs his 'gaf' back. She's burning a lot of bridges lately.

2. How has Bob, a shareholder, no idea, no right to find out about new ownership. I am not familiar with Company law either, but I'd hazard a guess he has a right to know if there was a takeover, and who has power to implement these changes. He wouldn't be there watching Caddle and not having a clue.

I know nothing really about law, but these type of irregularities are annoying in the plot.

something elese doesn't add up ...Carol and Louies living room over the pub is as busy as Busá :)ras with people dropping in whenever the fancy takes them

You're right Hitchens, I remember thinking it was a bit creepy Bob was hovering in the hallway before he came in last time when Carol was packing. Sure Zumo and all could go in then just as easily, is there a key in the side door to the street or what?

Speaking of creepy, how could Judith like Blackie hanging around? Why doesn't she just make a go of it with Tommy if that's what she wants and tell him about Luke? She keeps letting Luke over-rule what SHE wants. A job for Tommy isn't worth enabling that stalking.

(Poor Decco didn't deserve Carol attacking him like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

So many things in this show are unclear. It is frustrating to watch and try to get to know the characters. I mean Louis for example, all lovey dovey wanting Carol to be his wife. "I love Carol" is his favourite phrase. Within two seconds of her not marrying him due to his deceit and betrayal, he turns into Mr. Nasty. Has he got a multiple personality disorder or what? It reminds me of that film of Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer in the thriller "What lies beneath" without, the all important acting ability of these Hollywood stars. I think the writers have been watching it too many times for inspiration and have come up with their irish version of it. In the next episode he will appear in the bathroom when she is having a bath and try to drown her or appear in the mirror when she is putting on her lipstick........As for Val, she will have to have more than a few drinks in the pub when she finds out that her darling son is a criminal. With a bit of luck the shock will result in speechlessness which can't be cured!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

leahyl wrote: »
    Is Jo "look-it" Fahey coming back for Christmas?

Sadly yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,751 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is Yvonne gone to?

Surely Orla would demand from Farrell to know who her employer is and is entitled to know

Is the Bistro closed?

I just realised I'm watching something in English, which I speak and I don't know what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Oh my God! Too many plot holes and non-sensical character actions! The writers of this show seem totally oblivious to how real people actually act

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Speaking of creepy, how could Judith like Blackie hanging around? Why doesn't she just make a go of it with Tommy if that's what she wants and tell him about Luke? She keeps letting Luke over-rule what SHE wants. A job for Tommy isn't worth enabling that stalking.

(Poor Decco didn't deserve Carol attacking him like that)

I just don't get the Judy Blackie thing either (will he always be known as Blackie? :)).
    I get the feeling the two actors hearts aren't in it either, it's so stupid.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Yvonne gone to?

Surely Orla would demand from Farrell to know who her employer is and is entitled to know[/QUOTE

In normal circumstances it would, but................... this is Fair City........:mad:

Hitchens wrote: »
    I just don't get the Judy Blackie thing either (will he always be known as Blackie? :)).
    I get the feeling the two actors hearts aren't in it either, it's so stupid.

It is a long time since Blackie's magic was in Glenroe. It is a long time since he had a ponytail too and the hat! He seduced Biddy's sister. Losing his appeal in FC. Isn't time cruel!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 femmefatale

She still loves him though...

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭dixiedan

wordsmithi wrote: »
    It is a long time since Blackie's magic was in Glenroe. It is a long time since he had a ponytail too and the hat! He seduced Biddy's sister. Losing his appeal in FC. Isn't time cruel!

About 40 seconds into this youtube clip ;)

• Advertisement

Someone should tell Decco to get on to Threshold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement