Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Omg driving test fees gone up to 85 euro

• 04-02-2011 6:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

WTF? Ain't **** meant to be cheaper during a recession?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Xios wrote: »

if it where me id get a bus/luas/train ticket

not to be bad but the last 3 months, every freind + family member has complained about constant mistakes in both provisional and full lisense, boycot the system guys. Frankly the amount of procrastion towards the rules laid down to keep the roads safe let alone teaching drivers is beyond normal though and prices we must pay !

revolt everyone.... REVOLT !

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

iirc the full cost of the test to the government is around 120 or so, that means you're still not paying the full whack for it. I agree though, it still sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Xios wrote: »

If you can't afford €85 for a test, how are you going to put €85 in the tank every week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Pdfile wrote: »
    if it where me id get a bus/luas/train ticket

not to be bad but the last 3 months, every freind + family member has complained about constant mistakes in both provisional and full lisense, boycot the system guys. Frankly the amount of procrastion towards the rules laid down to keep the roads safe let alone teaching drivers is beyond normal though and prices we must pay !

revolt everyone.... REVOLT !

What in the name of god was that?

This is the motors forum, people like to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

gpf101 wrote: »
    What in the name of god was that?
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

If you can't afford €85 for a test, how are you going to put €85 in the tank every week?

Ride a motorbike?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

iirc the full cost of the test to the government is around 120 or so
    That sounds like a load of crusty bollocks to me. How the heck can it cost €120 to put an uneducated person with a clipboard into a car for 30 minutes? I work in a highly skilled job and our fully loaded cost (building, insurance, wages, etc.) rate per hour is half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I think you may be missing the OP's point here...with out reason or increase in service again a government department is increasing the price of something when the prices for the majority of things are dropping. Just because it's just about affordable it doesn't justify the fact that they are screwing the motorist at every opertunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Costs do go up and maybe it was making a loss before... but to be fair, just 2 years ago it was €38... that's a big increse just recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

its just more taxation by stealth. nothing to do with the cost of testing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That means if you fail ten times, it'll cost you an extra €100 :o

If this makes people spend their money on driving lessons and know their stuff before doing the test then its not exactly a bad thing.

Advertisement