Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Martial Arts Cavan

• 20-12-2011 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey everybody,

I am new to this so please bare with me. I have recently moved to cavan from dublin. I am looking for some martial arts clubs in cavan. I know there is posts already on this but I am just looking for an up to date info. I am a complete novice. Anything with full contact sparring (kickboxing) and I would be interested in studying something along the lines of jiu jitsu.

If anyone could help out it would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Cavan, town or County?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cool hand luke

Anything close to cavan town would be great but if i have to travel I will give it a shot and see how it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

You could try http://www.kenpokarate.ie/schools/Ireland/Cavan/Virginia/index.htm

My lad is close to Junior Black Belt with Micheál, a very decent man and a passionate instructor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nOELEE

Shinken-do in Ballyjamesduff, Co. Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Went to a class there with larry this week. enjoyed it. lots of different levels there from white belts to black belts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 nOELEE

lycan238 wrote: »
    Went to a class there with larry this week. enjoyed it. lots of different levels there from white belts to black belts.

Thanks for reply - I hope you aspire to all you endevour !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

I have tried a couple of martial arts classes in Cavan over the last 2 years but each one I went to approx 90% of the people there where teenagers. Im 40 so I felt so old there :D If I could find a class where there are a good mix of adults I would be there like a shot.

Advertisement