Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No pressure in Central heating system

Options
  • 18-02-2014 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

The pressure gauge on my system is registering close to zero bar pressure. While there is still some water to heat five radiators, the rest are cold. I turned on the fill valve on my sealed system but the pressure didn't increase.

I had a guy in last year to fix the reduction in pressure that I noticed over the course of several months (1.5 bar down to .8 bar) He used the leak sealant stuff that he pumped into one rad. Could this have caused the fill valve to seize up which is why I can't get any water into the system?

Is it possible to refill the system by another method? A guy I work with said I could hook up a hose to my external Firebird boiler and refill it that way. Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 leakman

When you open your filling loop, can you hear any water entering the system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

No, not a gurgle which is why I'm sure the fill valve is blocked / clogged by the leak sealant the plumber used a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Can you take a picture of the filling valve?

Its unlikely a leak sealer has blocked the valve. Is there an automatic filling valve there?

Did you get sorted out Kashkai?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MuchoLoco

sounds air locked

Advertisement