Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Really annoying noise from brakes

• 30-11-2013 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Driving a 2003 or 2004 (cant actually remember what year my car is lol) Ford Fiesta 1.2

There is this really annoying rattling noise coming from the brakes somewhere! When driving very slow in low rev's or pushing the steering all the way in one direction and hitting a certain vibration through the car something starts buzzing and rattling. It sounds like a bolt or something shaking but i can't see anything. brake pads are fine and sitting correctly and looking under the car all looks good. when i barely touch the brake pedal (not even enough to slow the car down) the noise stops

any ideas? anyone know of any issues with stuff shaking itself loose on fiesta's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

rcanpolat wrote: »
    Driving a 2003 or 2004 (cant actually remember what year my car is lol) Ford Fiesta 1.2

There is this really annoying rattling noise coming from the brakes somewhere! When driving very slow in low rev's or pushing the steering all the way in one direction and hitting a certain vibration through the car something starts buzzing and rattling. It sounds like a bolt or something shaking but i can't see anything. brake pads are fine and sitting correctly and looking under the car all looks good. when i barely touch the brake pedal (not even enough to slow the car down) the noise stops

any ideas? anyone know of any issues with stuff shaking itself loose on fiesta's?

No there are no known issues but i would advise you to get it looked at asap.

It may not be a problem with your brakes it could be a wheel bearing or some other component that when you brake it tightens up and takes up whatever play is in your steering or braking components.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

rcanpolat wrote: »
    .... when i barely touch the brake pedal (not even enough to slow the car down) the noise stops

You've left out one of the anti-rattle springs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

+1 springs gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Wouldn't be the squealers by any chance?
    When (in mileage) did you last get the front pads changed?

Advertisement