Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual-source shower

• 27-02-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

If there is a designated thread for shower-questions Mod please redirect.

In my last home the shower-set up was (a) cold water directly from mains and (b) hot produced by back-boiler (Baxi) (c) through a mixer-tap on the bath/shower. It was gravity-fed, so no pump-noises.

Is there any obstacle to this arrangement with mains cold + hot water from a boiler heated by a solid-fuel range?

If so could I also have an electric immersion heater in the hot water tank for hot water when range not in use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I assume when you say boiler you mean Cylinder. What your talking about is a gravity fed shower. It's unlikely to be satisfactory unless you have plenty of head height to provide pressure. An electric pumped shower might be a better option.

No problem putting an immersion in the Cylinder for periods when the fire is not lighting. Just make sure it's the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Chisler2

Sky - Thanks for that. So how much height is "sufficient head height" (8' high floor to ceiling bathroom) and what would be the deciding factors for 'the right' immersion? There are only two adults.........so daily shower, hot water for dish-washer and washing-machine.

Advertisement