Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garden Walling - Tobemore Stone

• 14-06-2011 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi guys,

High time i decided to start on the garden.. New build completed in Jan and pretty much nothing but stone and clay around house...

Mammy getting frustrated with nowhere for kids to play outside, so am going to try make a start on one side of the house...
    Have a few ideas in my head, but i'm looking for a recommendation as to where to get Tobermore stone walling (or something similar). Preferably not natural stone (too bloody expensive and hard to break)

Woodies and there places are charging something around €2.50 a block which is nuts. Has anyone in North East got any suggestions as to where to go or have you seen a better alternative..

Going to be used as a decorative wall, with flower bed/vegatable garden behind it; not load bearing.

All comments and suggestions welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Tobermore have a place at Blakescross just pass the turnoff for Lusk on the old N1 not sure what their prices are like. But you could give them a call I do know that they have a lot of their stuff on display. Could be worth a punt. Phone number is 8437440.
    Before anyone ask I do not work for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Smiths Builders Providers in Walkinstown are doing great deals on all Kilsaran walling and paving products at the moment.They buy a massive amount of Kilsaran products in off them each month.They are also selling 4 inch solid building blocks for 50 cent a block.

I got all the paving bricks for my new driveway off them cheaper than from Kilsaran direct.

And as for Woodies,I absolutely PMSL at the prices they charge for a bit of brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

Thanks guys, i'll give both a buzz..

Found these guys in the North and have just emailed them as well.. Might be of some use to somebody. Fill you in on how i get on..

http://www.acheson-glover.com/home-owner/products/walling/

Advertisement