Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek 5 aside - Coolmine - sign up!

• 04-11-2009 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

I live close to the pitches in Coolmine and just wanted to put my name in the hat if anyone needs players to make up numbers for a game.

I play every weekend in Sportsco Ringsend, but would love to play locally midweek. So if anyone finds that they are short for the odd or regular game in Coolmine, I'd love to play.

PM me and I'll give yea my mobile number.

would you like to play on tuesday nights at 10pm-11pm? 8 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 8 votes
    it would only suit me occasionally
    0% 0 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Actually, if there are others in the same boat we could set up our own game. So if you fancy making up 10 people for a weekly midweek game in coolmine, post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I'd play. I used to play regularily there but people can't play for whatever reasons, e.g. injury, work, play, etc.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I used to play every week with work but that stopped 1 year ago.

Would love to get back into it. I think I could get at least 2 lads to go also.
    We would be all aged 30-33 ish so if you looking for young lads then that rules us out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

Im just up the road and would be on for game, cant play wednesdays tho!

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I used to play every week with work but that stopped 1 year ago.

Would love to get back into it. I think I could get at least 2 lads to go also.
    We would be all aged 30-33 ish so if you looking for young lads then that rules us out.

Not at all, all ages/levels welcome. Just interested in a kick about, dont really mind against whom!

Thursday would suit me best as it doesnt clash with champions league. Could also do Monday ?

I'll leave this open for a few days and then may repost it on the soccer forum, as I'd say a lot of people dont even know this forum exists.

• Advertisement

As an Everton fan Thursday effect me but I dont think we will be in the competition much longer so doesn't matter anymore !:(

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

im only 5mins away i would play

As an Everton fan Thursday effect me but I dont think we will be in the competition much longer so doesn't matter anymore !:(

well we can change the days on thew weeks Everton play, in the unlikely chance that they remain in the competition!
    MYP82 wrote: »
    im only 5mins away i would play

Great stuff.

We should be aiming for around 12 players as usually a couple cant play. So if we have a pool of around 12, we should be able to get 10 each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭clap-for-trap

I'll definitely play!i live up the road in clonsilla!im 18! always up for a game and most of the time cant get 1.
    definitely would like to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Great idea for a thread! Liverpool won't be in th CL any longer so that won't be used as an excuse. Next weeks release of MW2 might be though. Only 5 mins walk away so am available most nights. Sure throw me down on the list. Cheers

• Advertisement

tink dats 8 now!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Myself and 2 of my mates would be interested in playing, depending on which day of the week it is - we're all closer to the 40 mark so go easy on us!!!!! ;-)

PM please if it goes ahead. Thanks

i tink we have 13 if the two people who said they could bring ppl can get them to go but even if jus 1 other person is brought we would have the 10!
    so do yas wanna try make this actually happen??:p

Delighted with the amount of interest in this. The best way to organize these type of things is with the teamer.net website. Has anyone used it ? Its really simple.

Basically you all need to sign up (its free obviously) and then I'll make a game on a certain date. It will send out an email and txt to everyone and you can either text back 'y' or 'n' to confirm you will be playing. If you don't want to txt you can go onto the website and manually confirm. So if everyone sends me a pm with their full name, phone number and email, Ill send out some invitations to join teamer.

Does Thursdays suit everyone ? Once I get a few replies back regarding the day, Ill give Coolmine a ring and see what times they have available.

[edit] Ive also sent out a pm to everyone who said they were interested.

must say tusky dats a class idea! my college gaelic,soccer and rugby teams use this, stroke of gnius from you thinking of it though;):p

Yeah I never heard of it until now and it seems like a great site.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

any day will suit me by the way! i can catch the arsenal highlights anyway haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Would be interested as well!

ya should send you details in pm to tusky if u wana play:D

bf wrote: »
    Would be interested as well!

pm sent.

• Advertisement

anydays fine by me. wed and tue is champs league but i can make it whenever really

Update:

Rang Coolmine there. The only slots available are 7-8 on Wednesdays and 10-11 on Thursdays. Its 65 euro for the hour and she said they are 7 aside pitches. I think we should aim for 12 people which would be about 5.50 each per game.

So firstly, we have to decide what time we want. 7-8 on wed, or 10-11 on Thur.

Also we need to decide if we just want to book one game at a time, or do we want to make a block booking ? Might be best to start off one game at a time and then make a block booking if it goes well initially ?

Regarding Teamer, Brian, Aaron and Ken, yea still havent accepted the invitation.

Also, if the guys could send me on details of their mates that would be interested also, that would be great. Thanks.

Tusky wrote: »
    Update:

Rang Coolmine there. The only slots available are 7-8 on Wednesdays and 10-11 on Thursdays. Its 65 euro for the hour and she said they are 7 aside pitches. I think we should aim for 12 people which would be about 5.50 each per game.

7-a side on those pitches would be extremely...ehh....cosy :D I think putting 14 people on one of those pitches would seriously degrade the quality of the game. If the level of fitness is quite low, I'd recommend 6-a side max.

I recently found out that they knock off €20 if you have a student card.
    Either is good for me. A slight preference towards the 10pm on thurs.

Also we need to decide if we just want to book one game at a time, or do we want to make a block booking ? Might be best to start off one game at a time and then make a block booking if it goes well initially ?

Yeh, I'd say start off with one game and see how it goes.
    Regarding Teamer, Brian, Aaron and Ken, yea still havent accepted the invitation.

I accepted yesterday.

Good stuff Tusky. Maybe you would consider changing the thread title to " 5/6/7 a side coolmine astro - Sign up thread" or something like that. I think the thread title reads as if its just a single person looking for a game. Just a suggestion.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

kenon wrote: »
    7-a side on those pitches would be extremely...ehh....cosy :D I think putting 14 people on one of those pitches would seriously degrade the quality of the game. If the level of fitness is quite low, I'd recommend 6-a side max.

Well Ive never played on them so Ive no idea of the size. Are they standard size astro pitches ? If so, 5 or 6 aside is perfect.
    I recently found out that they knock off €20 if you have a student card.

Really ? Great stuff. I have a student card so that will make a big difference!

Either is good for me. A slight preference towards the 10pm on thurs.

Yeh, I'd say start off with one game and see how it goes.
    I accepted yesterday.

Hmm, did you accept by txt ? For some reasons it can be a bit buggy with some phones. Try going on to the website and accepting manually.
    Good stuff Tusky. Maybe you would consider changing the thread title to " 5/6/7 a side coolmine astro - Sign up thread" or something like that. I think the thread title reads as if its just a single person looking for a game. Just a suggestion.

Yeah thought of that myself but I cant edit the original post as too much time has gone by. Ill message a mod about it now.

Update:

Also, if the guys could send me on details of their mates that would be interested also, that would be great. Thanks.

I accepted the invite there.
    em i think we should play 10-11 on thurdays!but wouldn mind if everyone else wants wednesday 7-8.
    em as for how many people, me and my m8s play up der a bit and 10 is enough to play with and have an adequate amount of room! 12 might be a bit too tight and i tink 14 would definitely be too much!I know because i only left coolmine secondary school last year and we used to do the p.e on the astro aswell!
    anyway looking forward to it already! well up for a game

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

clap-for-trap, you're very welcome to the D15 forum, but it would be appreciated if you could drop the text speak as it's not permitted here, or in most forums, on boards.

Thanks

10 - 11 on thu would be my preferance think

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

Coming a bit late to this, but is there still space for 2 more? 2 definites if it's at the Wednesday time listed above, or 1 if it's the late night Thursday?

Cheers.

Weds 7-8 suits me.

The pitch is a bit bigger then a normal 5 a side pitch.

• Advertisement

kwyjibot wrote: »
    Coming a bit late to this, but is there still space for 2 more? 2 definites if it's at the Wednesday time listed above, or 1 if it's the late night Thursday?

Cheers.
    Weds 7-8 suits me.

The pitch is a bit bigger then a normal 5 a side pitch.

Can yea both pm me your full names, phone numbers and email addresses and I'll invite yea on teamer.

Also, Ciaran, are you not able to play on Thursday at all or do you just have a preference for Wed ?

Might have to make a new thread with a poll and have a vote.

Advertisement