Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter Strike 1.6 Team

• 08-03-2006 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Hi! I saw a thread in the counter strike forum here in boards. Apartently some college's in Dublin are setting up a college league. Im just wondering would their be anyone interested in making a team. I already have two members including myself. reply if you are interested and we can practice in compsoc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

no practising in compsoc unless i'm playing :D which i will be!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

i'd be interested all in the lib will it? if you want you can email me on the yahoo and we can chat or use my msn and we can go head 2 head cos that works in the college

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

ya man thats cool. wats ur cs name....mine today was I LIKE CHEESE!!!! usually is TomAss though......ill get you a invite to a lan if you want n would be better there coz compsoc is ****(pc's like)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

i havent got it with me if you in lib im here now if you want to drop it down so i can install it(LOL) i can go, sorry i didnt think you would have replied so fast!!!

You could have just come to compsoc (in lab a307) ya know, as playing games is prohibited in the libary floor and every1 has cs in compsoc :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ya that be ok, balkie you interested. have u ever played 1.6 i wana get xcal on the team coz he's fairly handy, genghiz was sayin aswell that he might join so its lookin good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭ Oaklynn Fluffy Flamingo

And what about little old me???

haha.....sorry man, do u play 1.6 :)

And what about little old me???

You're not considered as it would take too much effort to drag yurself away from WoW for a few hours ;)

And yeah, tom, of course i used to played cs 1.6, have played most of earlier versions of it.

cool man, i started off with cs 1.4, but bought cs 1.0 of course like......will u be there tonite, might have a few rounds...

• Advertisement

Nah man sorry have work at five so tonights a no go, best bet for me is during the week as generally everyones around then too!

ya man, no bother. sure ill be seein u at compsoc anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Use CSS, its far better

hhaa.....nnoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Dempsey wrote:
    Use CSS, its far better

Dont be so god damn stupid, if he wanted source then he would have said so. God i hate people who do that! A game isnt about graphics, 1.6 is a solid game, source is better looking but im getting sick of it, i can still play dungeon keeper and like it. And dont start goin on bout nades, theyre fine too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Settle down now, or you'll find yourself clubed over the head with the banning stick. 'sides, we all know Source is far superior :o

I wasnt talking about graphics you idiot, i said the game is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Dont be so god damn stupid, if he wanted source then he would have said so. God i hate people who do that! A game isnt about graphics, 1.6 is a solid game, source is better looking but im getting sick of it, i can still play dungeon keeper and like it. And dont start goin on bout nades, theyre fine too

You came across as a bit of a prick there genghiz. tbh i prefer source because of the engine and also the graphics although ill happily play 1.6

And as for you balkie i havent seen you in compsoc for a while :D

Dempsey wrote:
    I wasnt talking about graphics you idiot, i said the game is better.
    Easy there, same applies to you too, dempsey.

Anymore ruckus and I'll be closing this thread.

Counterstrike and Counterstrike Source are essentially the same game, except source has better graphics and a better physics engine. Whats to argue about? If you can think of something, then take it to the counterstrike forum.

If ye still insist on attacking each other with pointless witticisms then prepare for my wrath. Otherwise, try to stay on topic please.

Ivan wrote:
    Easy there, same applies to you too, dempsey.

Anymore ruckus and I'll be closing this thread.

Counterstrike and Counterstrike Source are essentially the same game, except source has better graphics and a better physics engine. Whats to argue about? If you can think of something, then take it to the counterstrike forum.

If ye still insist on attacking each other with pointless witticisms then prepare for my wrath. Otherwise, try to stay on topic please.

Ok, I retract the insult.

I dont want to start this thread into the pros and cons of 1.6 vs CSS BUT the hitboxes in 1.6 are dodgy as fcuk

• Advertisement

NOT THE BANNIN STICK!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, haha! i got my arsehole helmet on just in time, now i sacrifice my 2 monsters on the feild to summon....my apoligy.:(

ok sorry, i guess i did come accross as a bit of a bollix........ but its true that if he wanted to play source he would, i know hes got it, but alot of people put down 1.6 without trying it, i did for a long time, tomass got me to try it, and well.... im sorry i didnt start sooner, and stuff. and if anyone out there likes source and hasnt tried 1.6, then i suggest you do.

i love you genghiz.......lol :D:D

Genghiz, I hope the irony of your sig & that post is not lost on you...

Been playing CS since 1.3

maybe it is ivan...... maybe it is...
    whats the deal with the botz for 1.6
    post a friggin link or something, GAWD!

and i also changed my sig, so there!

Re: Dempsy, playing since 1.3

really? which is the best besides source?(assuming you think source is the best)

1.5, some of the maps got over texturized in 1.6 and dragged down the fps alot for that game engine

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt 1.5 hit boxes even worse than 1.6? :( With all due respect to everyone involved, I much prefer CS:S

[edit]
    That or beta, with the scoped m4a1 :D
    [/edit]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ivan wrote:
    I much prefer CS:S

i agree...

That or beta, with the scoped m4a1 :D

tell me, please tell me im wrong for thinking, you would even consider, ever, for any reason, last round or not, everybody else is doing it, buying an auto sniper:eek:
    void backOnTopic ()
    {//start of backOnTopic

cout<<"Hows the team coming along?";
    getchar();

}//end of backOnTopic

• Advertisement

m4a1 is the colt. In beta it used to have a scope instead of a silencer. That you would even consider that I could use an auto sniper... well... That is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement