Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need a plan for 9 days on Java, Indonesia!

• 22-12-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We are going to Java, Indonesia flying into Jakarta on 01/02/14 and flying out of Bali on 09/02/14. Can anyone recommend a good itinerary to see a few spots on the way down? Maybe 2 or 3 stops.

Also whats best way to get to bali from Java? Boat? How long does this take and whats it like?

We were kinda hoping to get to Bali for 07/02/14 to spend 2 nights there before we leave...

Any help would be much appreciated as I dont know much about the area!

Thanks, Nathan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Yogyakarta should be a stop for a couple of days. There are things in town and get a tour or two from there to the likes of the temples at Borobudur and Prambanan, but you can also go up and look at the volcano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

I have travelled through Java twice.........well worth seeing

Yogjakarta is ok for a night on the way or the way back from somewhere - its a good place to book a package trip to hike Mount Bromo - an amazing experience and one of the highlights of all my travels in Indo.
    Ijen is another amazing volcano to hike.
    For beaches Pangandaran is well worth a visit. If you surf or want to hang out on a nice chilled out beach for a while - Batukaras is about an hour away from Pangandaran

We went last year and arranged a package tour that included a night in a hotel at the foot of Bromo, then a mornings hike up and down Bromo, onto a bus and a trip to Ijen volcano where we spent another night in a hotel and then hiked up and down Ijen in the morning - in the afternoon - we got bus and boat to Bali - so that was a stack of bus journeys, a boat to Bali, 2 nights hotel each and our tours up and down the volcanos - I think it cost us in around 150 euro each.

So you could easily go - Jakarta > Yogjakarta > Bromo > Ijen and on to Bali with your dates.....it'd be hard going though - a fair few bus rides and some challenging hikes up and down the volcanos

Advertisement