Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Viral infections doing the rounds

• 30-12-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Howdy all.

I'm laid up bad since Monday with a viral infection of some sort. Closer to a full-blown flu than a cold. Was in a pub in Tullamore on Thursday night.

Please, NO medical advice as the thread will then be closed. Instead, I just want to know if anyone else knows anyone else with similar symptoms. I know the vomiting bug is doing the rounds but I haven't got that.

Symptoms: - Started off with severe heartburn, then sore throat, then difficulty swallowing, then high temperature, massive wind pains and belching. Huge difficulty sleeping, no major effect on appetite. not hungry but well able to eat. Sore throat gone after 2 days, now just high temperature, lots of phlegm and occasional cough.

Again, please don't offer medical advice as Boards don't allow it. All I'm wondering is is there a particularly nasty virus doing the rounds in Tullamore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

I know loads of people (including myself) sick at the minute. Between colds and flus and winter vomiting bugs everyone seems to have something. I got an awful dose of a mixture between the vomiting bug and the flu and was laid up for 3 days.

Hope you feel better soon while I can't say I know details of what you have I have ran into many people who are sick so i'm sure someone had the same as what you have:(
    feel better soon anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I know loads of people (including myself) sick at the minute. Between colds and flus and winter vomiting bugs everyone seems to have something. I got an awful dose of a mixture between the vomiting bug and the flu and was laid up for 3 days.

Hope you feel better soon while I can't say I know details of what you have I have ran into many people who are sick so i'm sure someone had the same as what you have:(
    fell better soon anyway

Thanks very much and a Happy New Year to you and to all other helpful Boardsies :)

I feel much better today. I recommend pints of water, soup, uniflu and patience! For mine anyway, I can't imagine how to deal with the vomiting bug. God help people that get that.

Edit : get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

A very happy new year to you and your family:)

I stayed in bed and didn't move drank plenty of flat 7-up, ate little bits and just generally rested and thank god i'm over the worst of it now and well on the way to recovery:)

Hope you get well soon and enjoy the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 46 pants20

I'm down with what seems to be a virus.... started noticing loads of small bruises alll over and then getting loads of cold sores. Now I've aches and pains all over. Feeling nausous, no appetite, bloated and no energy, sweats ocasionally...

Any one else got anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Get thee to the quack pronto. Hope you're on the mend soon !

Happy New year y'all !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Get the flu vaccine next October. It sorts out all of those bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

finbarrk wrote: »
    Get the flu vaccine next October. It sorts out all of those bugs.

Not for young healthy people surely? Best left for those who really need it I would think. Its a winner for them definitely. But the swine flu innoculation made my father quite ill; for almost 6-9 months afterwards. Terrible insomnia and other symptoms. Turns out the international media put the spotlight on this eventually; many months after his GP had dutifully and with best intentions denied a connection but loaded him up on sleeping pills.

Personally I would avoid flu vaccines. Only for high-risk parties.

Advertisement