Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electrical lights in garden

• 13-06-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if in the right spot so can the mods move into electrical if need to go in there.

Have been looking to put some lights in the garden but the oh is only after coping onto the fact that if she wants electrical lights i will have to drill into thehouse and she is not happy.

Can anyone think of another way of doing this before I bury her in the garden beside the light?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Do you have a shed that has electricity? If not then bringing it from the house is the only option.

Can I suggest some nice solar powered lights? The charge really does last a fair while.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tiffy6666

Solar powered lights are a really good idea, they give a really nice glow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

I agree with Tiffy - Solar power is the way to go. I've had mine for a few years now and they give a great glow.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

It depends on the house but I used a length of 2" white drain pipe which I attached to the wall with 3 bracket running from under the eve down into the footpath and then out into a duct distribution manhole. The wires were ran across from the MCB board inside the roof and then down the drain pipe into a waterproof junction box in the manhole. I located the 2" pipe in parallel to a 4" toilet vent so the wire duct doesn't look out of place.

Advertisement