Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IS THERE A CAMPER VAN SHOW???

Options
  • 08-08-2009 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

I would like to purchase a Camper van possibly sometime next year.Can anyone tell me is there a camper van show anywhere in Ireland that would have a selection for sale under the one roof rather than trecking around the different dealers?
    Thanks in advance
    Bookerboy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hi Bookerboy,

As far as I know, the only show in Ireland where you'll get several dealers under one roof is the Holiday Show, normally in January in the RDS (and possibly in Cork / Belfast around the same time). There is usually a camping section, and a lot of dealers go to it.

However, you can do your homework long before then on the web, as most dealers have websites, listing their current stock. There are several questions you should be asking yourself before you buy, check out the sticky in this forum (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055043527), which gives a guide to the types and pros / cons of each.

Are you buying secondhand / new, how many people will use it, what sleeping type would suit you best. Everyone has their own opinion, but give us more info, and others will share their experiences of their type of van (if you ask nicely:D)

You're making a great decision (at least I think you are)!

Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

My advice is to go to the NEC in Bermingham, this show is usually in October. All the companies and dealers will be there. You can take a Ryan Air flight, and the NEC is actually in the Airport complex. You can Google the Nec and get the information and its cheaper to buy the tickets online than buy on the day .

Advertisement