Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DALE9892

Could someone please tell me how to electronically sign the forms? It won't let le?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

DALE9892 wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me how to electronically sign the forms? It won't let le?

Pretty simple your donr sign anything with adobe you just date the form and validate if that's the option and save it . The when you upload and go to suubmit your application your then asked too .

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Hey,
    It says to fill in your work experience for the past 10 years, but it only gives you 3 spaces, which only brings me back to 2008, is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

parabol wrote: »
    Hey,
    It says to fill in your work experience for the past 10 years, but it only gives you 3 spaces, which only brings me back to 2008, is that ok?

If you look at the tutorial videos, you'd know to provide an extra sheet to fully complete your work experience upto 10 years. The spaces provided by default are assumed enough for *most* applicants.

GrumPy wrote: »
    If you look at the tutorial videos, you'd know to provide an extra sheet to fully complete your work experience upto 10 years. The spaces provided by default are assumed enough for *most* applicants.
    Thank you :) also sorry, I should re-watch the video's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 katzenjammer 4000

Hello all,

So I am progressing through my CiC application.

I had a first question regarding the additional employment section, after watching the video it seems to mention adding a second 1295E form, I assume with just the additional employments entered, leaving the rest blank.

I assume this is submitted as an 'Optional Document' in the stated section?

Also, does anybody else have Schedule 1 (i.e: 5257B) listed as an optional document? I haven't heard anyone else mention it, just wanted to make sure I don't require to submit this.

Thanks for anyone helping me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tipperary ontario

Hi, for stage 2 did anyone use the resume you uploaded in stage 1 or did you create an actual c.v?

Hi, for stage 2 did anyone use the resume you uploaded in stage 1 or did you create an actual c.v?

Same one is fine, their is very little difference between resume/C.V. I assume you followed the IEC template originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 katzenjammer 4000

Hey I used the same CV I sent to IEC in Stage 1, It was in PDF format.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tipperary ontario

Thanks il do the same.

• Advertisement

Is there a video guide for this form? *IMM 5707E*. Maybe I have Monday brain, but it's not that obvious to me how-to fill it in. :pac: (Also, the DOB field doesn't seem big enough)
    JmIQUr9.jpg

• Also, do I have to actually print and sign it?
    Nevermind, looks like it's OK not sign this to confirm you have no spouse.

Is there a video guide for this form? *IMM 5707E*. Maybe I have Monday brain, but it's not that obvious to me how-to fill it in. :pac:
    JmIQUr9.jpg

yeah your name and there etc i think really the acompaning box is there for other people but cant hurt to tick yes for you
    nope just date it no need to print and sign

• Registered Users Posts: 9 danii1990

For those of you that are keeping track:
    WTN:1519
    Paid and uploaded docs on friday 14th at 8.30am
    Got confirmation of payment on sunday 16th
    Got my CAL at 1pm on thursday 20th
    Submitted mycic application saturday 21st
    And got my POE this morning.

I printed the family form, signed it and scanned it
    The other form i just dated it.
    I also just scanned in a passport photo and resized it.
    Hope this helps someone

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Is there a video guide for this form? *IMM 5707E*. Maybe I have Monday brain, but it's not that obvious to me how-to fill it in. :pac: (Also, the DOB field doesn't seem big enough)
    JmIQUr9.jpg

Nevermind, looks like it's OK not sign this to confirm you have no spouse.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

I get to join the cool kids on the stage 2 thread! Be prepared for lots of questions lol

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

guest124 wrote: »
    I get to join the cool kids on the stage 2 thread! Be prepared for lots of questions lol

me too - yeah!

That www.epassportphoto.com website is a pain, dimensions are grand, but resolution/file size is too small every time. I tried a few different pictures.
    My advice to anyone, get a friend/ family member to take a picture with your phone of you against a neutral background, edit size with GIMP, export to jpeg, and it'll be the correct photo size andfile size. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

That www.epassportphoto.com website is a pain, dimensions are grand, but resolution/file size is too small every time. I tried a few different pictures.
    My advice to anyone, get a friend/ family member to take a picture with your phone of you against a neutral background, edit size with GIMP, export to jpeg, and it'll be the correct photo size andfile size. ;)

I'm not going to look at mycic until tomorrow but I was thinking of taking photo off camera and using this http://www.idphoto4you.com ??

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

eenm wrote: »
    (c) Print, sign and date the form.
    (d) For best results:
    - print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
    - use a laser printer.
    (e) Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
    You must submit your application to the Canadian visa office or Visa Application Center (VAC) responsible for your area. Consult the relevant visa office or its website regarding accepted methods of submitting applications (for example, general mail, in person, by courier etc.)

FIY This info from your link seems to apply to people sending the application physically by post to the embassy, which obvs Irish participants dont do. It only mentions printing the whole application, says nothing about scanning.

Just want to reassure people who didn't print, sign and scan that their application will be fine! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

I know I'm probably asking the obvious, but for the two forms - do you need to print them off and upload them or can you simply fill them out electronically, save them to your desktop and upload them? I'm confused by the instructions on the website and on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I know I'm probably asking the obvious, but for the two forms - do you need to print them off and upload them or can you simply fill them out electronically, save them to your desktop and upload them? I'm confused by the instructions on the website and on here.

I don't see anything confusing about the post above yours by Delira. No you don't print the forms of to sign them. Just download them to the computer, fill them out and re-upload them. You will be asked for a electronic signature before submitting the CIC part!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Just submitted cic application. Hopefully POE won't take too long :) hopefully have it before round 2 opens and the staff get snowed under again.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

EI-DOR wrote: »
    I don't see anything confusing about the post above yours by Delira. No you don't print the forms of to sign them. Just download them to the computer, fill them out and re-upload them. You will be asked for a electronic signature before submitting the CIC part!

Thanks, EI. I must be suffering from an information overload resulting in my brain being fried or something. Thanks again.

I got an e-mail yesterday evening to say "Your application has been updated...etc" but when I logged into my CIC account nothing had changed :( It's still only the first message to say my application had been submitted. I don't know why they insist on playing with my emotions!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

parabol wrote:
    I got an e-mail yesterday evening to say "Your application has been updated...etc" but when I logged into my CIC account nothing had changed :( It's still only the first message to say my application had been submitted. I don't know why they insist on playing with my emotions!

Hah, I was the same, I got an email a few hours after submitting the application and thought "God, they process these quickly!". But it was just a confirmation email. Sigh. :P

Toronto wrote: »
    Hah, I was the same, I got an email a few hours after submitting the application and thought "God, they process these quickly!". But it was just a confirmation email. Sigh. :P

Ha! Yeah.. but I got my confirmation E-mail on Friday, same thing happened. Then they sent me an E-mail yesterday evening to say my account had been updated and nothing had changed in myCIC no new messages, nothing!! I am unimpressed and confused! Dammit Canada, just let me give you my taxes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

parabol wrote:
    Ha! Yeah.. but I got my confirmation E-mail on Friday, same thing happened. Then they sent me an E-mail yesterday evening to say my account had been updated and nothing had changed in myCIC no new messages, nothing!! I am unimpressed and confused! Dammit Canada, just let me give you my taxes!!

Oh, nothing on the website's changed to say "In progress" or that you need extra documents? That is strange.. Probably another of the many technical difficulties IEC have been experiencing lately!

Toronto wrote: »
    Oh, nothing on the website's changed to say "In progress" or that you need extra documents? That is strange.. Probably another of the many technical difficulties IEC have been experiencing lately!

Nope

Application Status Open
    Review of medical results Not needed at this time
    Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
    Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
    Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
    A final decision has been reached Not Started

I would say so yes. I am not going to think about it too much and hope they get back to me (for real) in the next day or two. Imagine the stress of working in the CIC office.. gas craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jack157

How much is the fee

For the cic application that is.

• Advertisement

jack157 wrote: »
    How much is the fee

For the cic application that is.

Nothing you already paid . It stays zero

Advertisement