Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "I Quit SWTOR Thread"

• 05-02-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Post in here if you have quit swtor and state your reasons please...we all had great hopes but it seems more then a handfull of us wont bother with it.

I quit after 3 weeks of play. reasons,. too much traveling between space ports,ships and such. pvp sucks,worlds were dead,felt boxed in ect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I quit, will probably come back in a few months to check it back out though.

Got to 50, tried to do an alt but it's all the same bar the class quests. Worlds felt dead too, I was levelling fast enough but I couldn't do heroics on planets due to the lack of people.

Would never see Empire too, unless I actively went looking for them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Quit weeks ago, massive disapointment,so many things wrong with the game.
    Might go back in a few months but there will have to be sling of improvements first before i even consider doing so.
    Bioware gone way down in my book after this and dragon age 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I still have three weeks of game time left but, I can't see myself logging back into it any more. I like mmo's and this just didn't feel like one to me. The world is dead and the video's get tiresome after a while. Also, the guild I was had 40 odd players in it but, I seemed to be the only one in there playing the game. At LV33 I was the second highest. I guess they all think it sucks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have about 6 weeks gametime left, dont see myself logging in.

Massive dissapointed, too many bugs and the game doesnt feel fluid. The breakup in levelling with so many cutscenes has been a major factor.

Might make the break to 50 and see endgame, but can see myself breaking away for a few months to let it sort itself out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Just dont have the time or attention to play an MMO right now :(

Got to level 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I quit it after about 2 weeks got to lvl 32 jugg, Once i got the 30ish zone's i (which seemed very dead & static) noticed i was just doing the same quest variation over and over and bleh i quit. I was on a pvp server and i only ever came across one Republic person.

Also i found it frustrating that all the effort i put into lvling my synthweaving was a total waste of time since i soon found out quest items/vendor gear was better. The GTN (auction house) was a utter mess and im usually the guy who make's a load of it in mmo's. I found the game overal bland and unimaginative and lacking in creativity ! THIS IS STAR WARS and all i get is go kill xx click box kill some dude.

I enjoyed the game and the story but the second character i had made to play with a friend i found the whole voice over cut scene's a frustration (i didnt even know you could space bar them first time around) Yea anyway, Its more a GW 1 type of a "mmo" i saw no reason to pay to play it since and i quickly lost the desire to lvl up after i hit 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Got to 50 couldn't handle ability lag anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

Played for 2 weeks, got bored. Unsubscribed. :D

Seriously though, the game does not feel like an mmo. More like a single player rpg and I'm not paying a monthly subscription for what is essentially a single player game with abit of multiplayer thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I usually hate MMOs. Kill X of Y quests etc. SW:TOR was fairly interesting as I approached it as multiple single player RPG storylines.
    I leveled my Imperial Agent up to Level 31 but at the end of the first act I ran into an Elite Boss 2 levels higher who is impossible to kill at my current level.
    I've completed most of the available sidequests so all that's left for me to do is go grind killing mobs until I can beat him.
    My gaming time is limited to about 15 hours per week so screw that. I'm going back to finishing out my Mass Effect alt playthrough in prep for ME3.

It's a pity because the IA storyline was very enjoyable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm still playing, though not much. Not really playing anything at the moment to be honest, so it's not really an issue with this game. I've enjoyed my time there, and haven't experienced most of bugs that others have talked about. Story is enjoyable, and i've said many times before that the story was pretty much the main selling point for me.
    KerranJast wrote: »
    It's a pity because the IA storyline was very enjoyable.

A few games of PvP or a Flashpoint or two and you'd be sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm still playing, though not much. Not really playing anything at the moment to be honest, so it's not really an issue with this game. I've enjoyed my time there, and haven't experienced most of bugs that others have talked about. Story is enjoyable, and i've said many times before that the story was pretty much the main selling point for me.

A few games of PvP or a Flashpoint or two and you'd be sorted.
    Yeah I tried to get into Flashpoints but I seem to be stuck between levels for the busy ones. Maybe its just because the server I'm on is quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

KerranJast wrote: »
    I
    I leveled my Imperial Agent up to Level 31 but at the end of the first act I ran into an Elite Boss 2 levels higher who is impossible to kill at my current level.
    I've completed most of the available sidequests so all that's left for me to do is go grind killing mobs until I can beat him.

You've missed a shedload of quests somewhere. You should never need to grind in swtor at all. Try going back to the previous planets bonus series and see if theres many quests you skipped. Also, if you do the space mission dailys they give you a lot of xp and cash.

I moan a lot about the game, but thats never been a problem for me through 2 chars.

Still subbed till the end of this month, i guess ill see then but there are massive massive problems with the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

I unsubbed in the first month, got a full refund from Origin too.
    I knew it was a fail from the start, I'd go so far as to say it was just short of being a scam (It's a trap!).

Too many problems to list here, but all the above and more, complete and utter fail and I can't see it improving at all. They got their money, time to run.
    Added a little to the 60 odd quid I got back in the refund to sub up to Rift for a year (€80 I think it was for the year). That's me sorted until PlanetSide 2 comes out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

oxo_ wrote: »
    I unsubbed in the first month, got a full refund from Origin too.
    I knew it was a fail from the start, I'd go so far as to say it was just short of being a scam (It's a trap!).

Too many problems to list here, but all the above and more, complete and utter fail and I can't see it improving at all. They got their money, time to run.
    Added a little to the 60 odd quid I got back in the refund to sub up to Rift for a year (€80 I think it was for the year). That's me sorted until PlanetSide 2 comes out.

Didnt know there was a refund offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I have game time until the end of March.

I quit because the art style isn't that appealling.

The pvp isn't great.

The worlds are very bland and the quests are not interesting after doing so many I just skip the cinematics and cutscenes.

The travel between spaceports and planets is ridiculous, in particular Hoth and Belsavis, needlessly long and drawn out. Hoth was a huge (!) dissappointment, so bleak and featureless (I know it's an ice planet), just so boring!.

I would be very hard pressed to return to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Can I have your stuff?

Edit: Hope you all realise this as the tongue in cheek reply that is the norm to quit threads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dcully wrote: »
    Didnt know there was a refund offer?
    If I remember his posts at the time correctly he petitioned them on it (bought via Origin) and they refunded him due to being in the first two weeks or something along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Yep. Though it's longer than 2 weeks.
    I also got a refund on Tiger Woods PGA Manky 12 on Origin, 2 months after I bought the game.

Just contact them via their Live chat, ask for a refund, wait a few minutes while they go off to process it and it's sorted. No questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

There was a cock up with my sub and it was never initiated, so I haven't played since the free month was up. I really loved the game because it was pretty much exactly what I wanted it to be, which was Knights Of The Old Republic 3. But, as said above, there's no point paying a monthly sub for a singleplayer game. I may go back, depending on what's added, or if/when it goes free to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

played 3 weeks of it, levelled 2 50's on both factions. enjoyed it. But its not imo a great mmo, could have been a rock solid single player game though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Got bored of it before the first month ended. Might go back in a few months after they fix it up.

Also for anyone interested, I just got a refund on my game, I told them that I was disappointed with the game and cant see myself ever playing it again. The support agent was very helpful and i was refunded in about 5 minutes. bare in mind I had my copy since launch and had not played in about 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bioware also released their official numbers there bout two weeks ago, I'll copy and paste from the article
    1.7 Million Active Subscribers
    2 Million copies sold
    15% customers of who bought the game did not sub past the one month trial
    Of the remaining 1.7 million active subscribers, roughly 7% have disabled payment methods ( Indicating they will not continue with their subscription,thats approx 119,000 subscribers )
    EA has delcared that for the project to remain profitable and continue developement longterm, they want a minimum of 500k active subscribers per year.

Get the feeling this is going more towards the fail pile, noticing alot of the prominent streamers arnt playing as much. Alot of Ensidia ( now Envy) players have come back to WoW aas have alot of the highend wow players who went for a taste :/

Blizzard's Quarterly conference call ( which funny enough you can apply to listen to, as they broadcast it public every quarter) will probably also show another decline, but still be comfortably in the multi millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Cant remember where I read it or how long ago, but purely from a money/profit pov, wasnt it shown that hardcore(ie ensidia types) players reprsented such a small % of the gaming community that it didnt affect profits at all?

I mean....WoW is based primarily on keeping the casual player happy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

So 1.58m ongoing subscribers beyond the month that came with the game, that's not bad figures if they can sustain it.

I agree with alot of people on here saying it doesnt feel like an MMO, and this is true, but I have been enjoying it anyways, despite being on a PvP server and having only seem 10 Republic in 47 levels.

The next challenge will be to see what it can provide ta lvl 50 and if the content there justifies a continued sub.

We will have to wait and see what their rentention rate is like among lvl cap players going forward.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I wonder what percentage of subscribers have characters that are in or close to top levels (lets say 45+)? I would agree that ongoing "end game" content is essential, but at the same time, if there are only 1 - 5% of the total subscriber base, that's not as urgent as ironing out existing bugs for the 80% of people affected by them daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Inquitus wrote: »
    The next challenge will be to see what it can provide ta lvl 50 and if the content there justifies a continued sub.

We will have to wait and see what their rentention rate is like among lvl cap players going forward.

This is the biggest failing of the game for me so far.. There is very little to do post level 50 apart from grind to Battlemaster and then nothing..

Most of my guild are now Battlemasters, and folks are just sitting around most evenings doing nothing..

There are 10 hard mode flashpoints and 2 raids. Why not do them? There are bugs i know, but from what i've read on the forums, they are ironing them out and they aren't stopping people from running them.

I have to say, i've never seen a crowd get so angry so fast at an MMO. Granted, there are some major problems, but the level of anger at TOR seems excessive to me. It's got a huge amount of potential, and there have been some pretty big improvements since launch. Maybe it's just that peoples hopes were so high, but people are going from 'im enjoying it' to 'its the biggest piece of **** ever' really bloody quickly.

As for me, i can't see myself playing after levelling a character or two till lvl50, unless they add some sort of proper space combat. Not cause i don't enjoy the game, just cause i've been treating it as a single player game since i first heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Kiith wrote: »
    There are 10 hard mode flashpoints and 2 raids. Why not do them? There are bugs i know, but from what i've read on the forums, they are ironing them out and they aren't stopping people from running them.

I have to say, i've never seen a crowd get so angry so fast at an MMO. Granted, there are some major problems, but the level of anger at TOR seems excessive to me. It's got a huge amount of potential, and there have been some pretty big improvements since launch. Maybe it's just that peoples hopes were so high, but people are going from 'im enjoying it' to 'its the biggest piece of **** ever' really bloody quickly.

As for me, i can't see myself playing after levelling a character or two till lvl50, unless they add some sort of proper space combat. Not cause i don't enjoy the game, just cause i've been treating it as a single player game since i first heard about it.

For me.. I have no interest in pve, so HM Flashpoints offer little entertainment..

As a pvp'er, SWTOR seems to have the same limitiations as many of the other recent releases
    - only 2 realms.. so imbalances in numbers make a big difference.. The little guys cannot gang up against the big guys
    - no real point to the pvp.. there are no objectives in open world pvp in SWTOR..
    - small open world pvp area.. so the little guys just get camped at their keep..

I'll be keeping my subscription open as there is little else that interests me at the minute, I'm not that bothered as the game is about where I expected it to be (not a SW fanboi so I didn't have major hopes for the game).

I'd probably agree with you on the PvP. Seems pretty lacking, and the imbalances are bloody massive on some servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Shiminay wrote: »
    I wonder what percentage of subscribers have characters that are in or close to top levels (lets say 45+)? I would agree that ongoing "end game" content is essential, but at the same time, if there are only 1 - 5% of the total subscriber base, that's not as urgent as ironing out existing bugs for the 80% of people affected by them daily.

It's way bigger than 5%. Leveling is quick....some of the quickest I've seen in an MMO and its been out for 6 or 7 weeks at this stage. You only have to visit the fleet at peak time to notice it.

Advertisement