Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anyone successfully rooted the _branded_ Vodafone Desire HD at gingerbread?

• 03-10-2011 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I've been looking at the Advanced Ace Hack Kit which is starting to look sufficiently easy for me to risk rooting my Desire HD. However, it has a AT&T firmware, and a "EU" firmware to choose from, which I presume is that used by unbranded DHDs. Will this work on my Vodafone branded Desire HD?

(For those who say Vodafone Desire HDs are unbranded, they originally sold them unbranded but switched to branding them, including that annoying 360 store link in the music app, sometime before I bought my phone)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Don't use at+t or Europe firmware. Go onto XDA developer forum and download a custom rom.
    when i was using the dhd I found honeymiui and freshley squuezed miui the best. Freshly squeezed is made by an Irish fella so it's obviously cool :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I bought a brand new VF branded DHD earlier in this year from a guy on Adverts and didn't have any real problems rooting/custom ROM'ing it.

Just followed the threads on XDA and there was a thread here too if I recall right that was very helpful. As far as I recall it's a little more complicated as you need a Gold Card (on account of it being network branded), but nothing some reading, a few questions here, and patience couldn't sort out.

Or you could buy my one as I've just upgraded to a SGS 2 :p

Advertisement