Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 x0l0x

Galway K9 wrote: »
    why didnt any of ye go to the beers night?:)

:D .... what if you do not drink ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

anyone thats up for the cinema tomorrow night mail me on [email]...@live.com[/email] x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

x0l0x wrote: »
    :D .... what if you do not drink ? :D

Pfft Geekychick doesn't drink and she still went. Had a good time aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 x0l0x

Flojo wrote: »
    Pfft Geekychick doesn't drink and she still went. Had a good time aswell.

yeeah ... but it is strange to enter a bar, you don't know anyone and you don't drink ... :S you will feel lonely and will go out after 15 minutes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

i can't tolerate being around drunk people when im not drinking. i wouldn't last 5 minutes before going home, lol. i used to be a heavy drinker but im reformed. waking up without a hangover is my new high, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

..you can still drink enough and wake up without hangover... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

barrels of fun itt

i get affected by about 2 drinks these days. not worth it IMO. i don't even enjoy it anyway. i like the odd glass of wine with a meal or a nice scotch or irish whiskey. its easier for me not to drink than have 3 or 4 though, because i have that alcoholic gene where after 4 i want 40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

T2daK wrote: »
    anyone thats up for the cinema tomorrow night mail me on [email]....@live.com[/email] x
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I would meet up tomorrow night but i might be getting my feet eaten by some fish :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

x0l0x wrote: »
    yeeah ... but it is strange to enter a bar, you don't know anyone and you don't drink ... :S you will feel lonely and will go out after 15 minutes :(

You don't really need to worry about that. Most of the people at the beers are very welcoming and chatty. If I ever noticed people being quiet I always tried to bring them out of their shells a bit. It's worth checking out!
    If that's not your thing then there's always some sort of meetups going on.

does anyone ever hang out outside galway city? im like an hour away from there, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

does anyone ever hang out outside galway city? im like an hour away from there, lol

So am I, and so far the answer seems to be no they don't, most of the people here looking for friends are in the city or very near it.

Acoshla wrote: »
    So am I, and so far the answer seems to be no they don't, most of the people here looking for friends are in the city or very near it.

sucks. where are you at? im near caltra/mountbellew

sucks. where are you at? im near caltra/mountbellew

Jaysus I just googled Caltra, you're pretty far from the city alright (not from here so it's taking me YEARS to get to know all the county towns :)), I'm about 20 mins east of you, 30 mins from the city on the motorway so it's not so bad, I meet boardsies about once a week in there.

Jaysus I just googled Caltra, you're pretty far from the city alright (not from here so it's taking me YEARS to get to know all the county towns :)), I'm about 20 mins east of you, 30 mins from the city on the motorway so it's not so bad, I meet boardsies about once a week in there.

yea, haha. im not from here either. only been living in ireland for 3 years. so dont really know much aside from clare, galway, mayo and roscommon. i go to athlone sometimes too...i actually prefer that over galway city.

i can hop on the motorway in ballinasloe, but its going backwards to get there. quicker to just shoot down the monivea road all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭barbs84

caltra is a lonely auld spot tribesmann,

barbs84 wrote: »
    caltra is a lonely auld spot tribesmann,

tell me about it. we only have 1 car and my wife works shift work. so im pretty much under house arrest all the time, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

any one up for a few beers this week or in the near future :)

any one up for a few beers this week or in the near future :)

in the city is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

I would on friday?

I'm going for dinner with a boardsie Thursday night in the city, but might be back in on Friday night if it was on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

ya in city guess friday prob suits people best

guess im out since i don't drink, lol. i need to open up an "anti-pub"

tribesman I won't be drinking either if I go, have to drive home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Probably out in town Friday after Alan Carr so might be able to make it.

tribesman I won't be drinking either if I go, have to drive home.

where do you guys usually meet up? never went to one of these before

I've never gone to a beers night (because I live so far away and don't drink that much even when I do) but I've met up with other boardsies for dinner quite a lot, casual places like the Cottage etc, there's bowling nights every now and again too.

I've never gone to a beers night (because I live so far away and don't drink that much even when I do) but I've met up with other boardsies for dinner quite a lot, casual places like the Cottage etc, there's bowling nights every now and again too.

sounds cool. do people ever bring their significant others? my wife is looking to meet new people too, lol

• Advertisement

sounds cool. do people ever bring their significant others? my wife is looking to meet new people too, lol

Not to any of the main meet ups I've been to, but then afterwards I've met up with boardies and our OH's, for drinks/chat etc.

Advertisement