Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anyone got a Desire from Meteor this week?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 eyes_alive

any one actually knows why htc struggles to get amoleds?

As far as I know they source the AMOLED screens from Samsung... & because Samsung are making phones of their own with these screens, they cannot keep up with HTC's demand for them...

My last phone was a Samsung Jet... I'd never buy a phone from them again... Was a piece of crapola...

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Hehe, dont cancel your order for a legend anyway:
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/22/bell-htc-legend-prematurely-put-out-to-pasture-due-to-amoled-sup/

Well, actually it's only Bell Canada that's cancelling it but it looks like HTC is really struggling to meet demand across at least 2 models now

GF wanted to get a HTC legend on Saturday we went into meteor shop in tallaght and they were out of stock, went over to CPW also out of stock went over to liffey valley also both shops out of stock, chap in meteor gave us all the numbers of meteor shops in dublin that had any stock, rang them and they were either on hold for customers or just sold out, got CPW to order from one of there shops down the country should have it by end of week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

that struggle for amoles is bad for sales but good for publicity i guess...makes it sound like their being sold out all the time...not every one is on boards and knows that they have a lack of amoleds they just think people buy them out

Advertisement