Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sponsor Me! Thread

Options
  • 21-07-2010 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

You can use this thread to appeal for sponsorship, promote fundraising events etc etc.
    • Please limit all such posts to this thread - any posts outside of this thread will be deleted.
    • Please don't take the pee - one post per person per event.
    • Mods discretion applies - if we don't feel it's appropriate, we'll remove it.

best of luck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

How would the person sponser you?
    I'd be interested because I'm fundraising for the Irish Cancer Society atm.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

Most people can set up a fundraising page on www.mycharity.ie and anyone can donate using a laser or credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

hi all, im sure most of you have heard about pieta house http://www.pieta.ie
    I am a past student of maynooth and have been involved in a charity called the Galway Cycle http://www.galwaycycle.ie where each year around 120 cyclists cycle to galway and back over the last weekend in march along with 100 collectors. this journey is 400km in total.
    I am writing this mail to ask for your help. My life has been affected by suicide as have many others. my close friend took her own life and its for this reason I want to win this competition for this fantastic charity. I have been to the house and the people who run it are wonderful. If I win this competition, all winnings will go to the charity, so all I ask of you is 30 seconds of your time over the next 16 days. please go to this page: http://www.actimelfulloflife.ie/profile-4774
    and vote for pieta house. spread the word to your friends and family. I really appreciate your help
    sinead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

done, never heard of Pieta house before but it sounds a fantastic place. Im sorry to hear about your friend but im sure shes looking down on you and would be very proud of you for trying to raise the awarness so places like Pieta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

I haven't seen any threads on this, so wanted to post and hopefully raise some interest...

Today FMs Shave or Dye campaign is running throughout February to raise funds for the Irish Cancer Society.

I am participating in Friday's event in the Style Club to have the most head's shaved in an hour. I was chatting to Ray this morning on Today FM and explained why I'm taking part.

I'm having radiation treatment at the moment to (hopefully) shrink a tumour in my head. One of the side effects of radiation is hair loss so since my hair has started falling out, I've decided to have the rest of my lovely mane shaved and raise as much money as I can for the cancer society.

It would be great if all the boardsies would donate what they can to this cause... more info here http://www.mycharity.ie/donate_charityIndex.php?charityID=372

Or you can of course sponsor me on my online sponsorship page... PM me for details ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Basically, my aunt and uncle had a baby and it has been diagnosed with a back condition, which means she may be wheelchair bound for life.

They are trying to raise funds to get the procedure, so I asked if they would like me to create a website for them to try and raise funds.

They have already raised just under ten thousand and need about 20 thousand.

It would be great if you could help by donating at the website:

http://babylisa.weebly.com

They understand that money is tight, so even a small donation would be great.

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Razor60

This June my Brother Dave, will walk the final part of the Camino de Santiago in Northern Spain (112km over 6 days) in aid of Aware. It will no doubt be an unforgetable experience.

Day 1: Fly from Dublin to Madrid and travel from Madrid to Sarria.
    Day 2: Sarria to Portomarin - 22km
    Day 3: Portomarin to Eirexe - 17km
    Day 4: Eirexe to Melide - 22km
    Day 5: Melide to Arzua - 15km
    Day 6: Arzua to Amenal - 24km
    Day 7: Ameral to Santiago de Compostela - 27km

He has never taken part in anything as challenging so I am hoping you all get behind him and this great cause. If you have Facebook, feel free to "like" my fundraising page, comment and pass the link on.

The fundraising LINK is as follows...
    http://sponsorme.aware.ie/event/camino-de-santiago-trek/DavidCaminoTrek/

Feel free to make any donation you please as everything helps....

Thanks

Raymond

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adub

Hi all, I have decided to do a skydive in aid of arthritis ireland. I have wanted to do some form of fundraising for a long time as this charity is great the way they provide vital information and call centres for people with arthritis including the young arthritis network. I decided to do a skydive as I wouldnt be able to do a marathon or anything like that! It would be absolutey amazing if any of you could sponsor me you just have to go onto the link and you can use your card to sponsor me.

://sponsorme.arthritisireland.ie/event/sky-limit/FreeFallAoife/

Thanks a million!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Piri

At the end of December 2009 diagnosed cancer.
    I have contacted to the Burzynski clinic in Houston (w ww.burzynskiclinic.com)
    The patients are treated there with a very successful alternative cancer therapy.
    This is approved by FDA as well.
    Unfortunately this therapy is very expensive, the costs is 20-25 thousand US dollars.
    I ask everybody , who can to help with a donation, please send it to my PayPal account :
    lorant70@gmail.com

or IBAN/SWIFT payment to AIB Bank Fermoy
    IBAN: IE96AIBK93608112236029
    SWIFT: AIBKIE2D

every little helps

thanks Lorant

BIG_0009430296.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Hey guys. My sister and I are doing a 5k run for Pieta House - Darkness Into Light is an annual run in Phoenix Park that aims to raise funds for a precious service which relies mainly on donations to run. Any amount no matter how small would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. http://www.mycharity.ie/event/aine_hearys_event/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Hello all. If anyone is so inclined could they please read this website about Tracey McCann, my cousin who developed muscle Dystonia with Parkinsons disease when she was 8 years old. She was a perfectly normal girl up to the age of 8 and in one moment she went from being able bodied to being disabled and unable to speak.

It is an extremely rare form of dystonia, which effects only 5 family's worldwide. She is the only sufferer in the Republic of Ireland.

The heart Breaking aspect of Tracey's story is that she has a normal mind, and a healthy personality. She is intelligent, funny and bright but unfortunately she is often misunderstood due to her inability to speak normally.

However she is an inspiration to us all as she continues to go out and get involved in life, by doing courses, getting involved in clubs and making friends.

I remember when I was a child and I could speak normally with Tracey, who would run around and play with her friends like any normal 8 year old girl. It took one moment, just one instant to change her life forever.

She went to a children's fun park (Kidz Zone) a normal girl of 8, and ended upon the floor unable to move. It hit her that suddenly. She and her family have been fighting the disease ever since.

The HSE have agreed to pay for a high tech brain operation which has been effective in restoring some normal functions in others who suffered from this rare form of Dystonia. The operation is in the UK. It will require a long stay so the family are fundraising for money for accommodation for her and her mother during the treatment.

http://traceymccann.org/?page_id=2

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any support you could offer.

Sincerely
    James

Hello everyone,

I'm taking part in the Clare10K on Saturday 23rd June with about 12 others who are part of Team Diabetes and we are trying to raise sponsorship for Diabetes Ireland.

I, myself have Type 1 diabetes for almost 20 years and I'm very involved in support others who live with, or family members who live with diabetes.

I'm also trying to raise awareness about how challenging living with this illness.

I would greatly appreciate any sponsorship donations and you can do so with a credit or debit card on http://www.mycharity.ie/event/flynn_family_fundraiser/

Yours sincerely,
    Grainne Flynn

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wantsuntoshine

Hey Guys,

On the 20th July, we are going to be taking part in The Kerry Way Cancer Research Walk, which is a three day fundraising event for Cork Cancer Research Centre (www.ccrc.ie).
    Each day there is a different walk with a walk distance of approximately 26km - 28km. Altogether we will be walking 70km in 3 days.

Sadly, most of us have, or will be touched by cancer at some stage in our lives. Friends & family have fought, some have lost. I Dawn, personally lost my father only 3 years ago, to this horrendous disease. But by taking part in this event we are trying to make a difference and we are hoping that you will all help us! :)
    CCRC is an extremely worthy cause. Their mission is: "to investigate the major issues in the genesis and secondary spread of cancer, in order to develop effective strategies for cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment".

We have set up a fundraising page under http://www.mycharity.ie/event/dawn_quicks_event and you can donate at anytime using the "sponsor me now" button via credit or debit card. You can be assured that your transaction on the mycharity.ie website is very secure. You will automatically receive an e-mail from us thanking you for your support, and acknowledging the amount of your donation. Any donation no matter how small is hugely appreciated! :)

Hopefully someday, the big "C" will be a thing of the past....
    Many thanks in advance for your support,

Dawn and Irene

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hey lads and ladies.

I've decided to give next year's TriAthlone event a lash, hoping to raise money for St. Vincent's Foundation (Neurology and Endocrinology depts specifically), Headstrong and Barretstown, and try and raise awareness of Thyroid Disease as I go, seeing as there is no group in Ireland to advocate for awareness of thyroid conditions or wider access to treatments and further research, I will just have to try my best to get the word out there as I go!

Lick the mycharity picture in my signature or go to http://www.mycharity.ie/event/swimbikerun and findout exactly who I'm supporting and what I hope to be able to do!

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Skitter0

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the correct area to post in but maybe an admin could help. Sorry if it isn't.

My 21 month old godson Tj is very sick and we have started a fundraising campaign to try raise funds for the the surgery that he needs in the US. Would it be possible to ask everyone to share his Facebook page & youtube video through their social media tools.

We have plans for a heap of benefit nights and events and we are going to need everyone's support to try raise the money needed for his operation. All these events will be advertised through his page and local newspapers but we are going to need a lot of help for this to be a success.

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/TjsEpilepsyJourney

http://youtu.be/RdiQUKBKBTQ

http://www.idonate.ie/tjsepilepsyjourney

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

4Fbi62.png
    Hello everyone,

I'm part of the committee organising The Cycle 2013 (Joe and Jamie's Cycle Around Ireland) which is a ten day long 1400km cycle around the entire island of Ireland in aid of the National Rehabilitation Hospital who do stellar work in rehabilitating those who've suffered spinal cord and brain injuries.

The campaign is being organised entirely by a group of pharmacy/medical students from Trinity College with three of us running the actual cycle. Why? Our good friend and classmate Jack Kavanagh was left paralysed from the chest down after a freak accident. Seeing firsthand the stellar work the NRH does for its patients and the huge difference their works makes to people's lives was the inspiration for this campaign.

Our target is to raise €15,000 and the cycle will run from the 3rd July - 12th July. What we're asking for is your support, in whatever way you can. Whether it's a donation, sharing our Facebook page, a retweet or a donation on our website. If you or anyone you know wants to join in the cycle, send us an email at info@cycle2013.com!

This is a mammoth task for a great cause and your support would be appreciated by everyone involved.

The Cycle
    http://www.cycle2013.com

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bcott

Hi All,

I'm with a group on the meetup website called Preventative Medicine, Biotechnologies and Bioinformatics. We're a small group of, mainly, amateurs that have an interest in the Preventative medicines that are being researched by groups like the SENS Foundation.

We have our inaugural meeting coming up on Wednesday 23rd October at Exchange in Temple Bar, Dublin 2. We would be happy to welcome anyone that wants to join us.

The meeting starts at 7 and is free. You can also join us either on the meetup website or on Fb where we have a page.

Hope to meet some of you there.

Barbara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Hey All,
    I'm doing a skydive for YSPI. I've suffered depression for years and really want to give back to those who've helped me survive!

Here's my link: http://skydive.yspi.eu/index.php/Jenniferdicks

Any info just ask me :)
    Jenny

The Thrive-abetes; Thrive with Type 1 Diabetes conference, which takes place on Saturday October 3rd in The Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth, Co. Kildare is being part funded by delegate registration, exhibition fees, sponsorship and this raffle.

All of the raffle proceeds will go to Thrive-abetes; Thrive with Type 1 Diabetes Conference.

Raffle tickets cost €5 per ticket and can be purchased through the following link.

1st Prize: A SIGNED 2014 Six Nations Ireland rugby shirt!

2nd Prize: Two nights B&B for two people
    in Friar's Lodge Guest House, Kinsale, Co. Cork.

3rd Prize: Another Two nights B&B for two people
    in Friar's Lodge Guest House, Kinsale, Co. Cork.

4th Prize: €60 voucher for Ticketmaster.

When we receive an email stating that you have purchased your ticket, we will send a reply email to the address given to us by Paypal with an image of your raffle ticket.

The draw will take place on Saturday the 30th May in Ennis, Co. Clare and winners will be notified. Garda Raffle Permit issued by Ennis Garda Superintendent.

Thank you for your support!

Advertisement