Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Does anyone have any idea on the popularity of this concert - do you reckon its likely to sell out - or should I be ok to wait over the weekend until the next pay packet comes through.

I don't think it's gonna be another Pearl Jam, and to be fair, they didn't sell out the RDS

I'm a huge fan and I'm seeing them in Leeds as well but I just dunno whether I should be getting a ticket first and foremost Friday morning or whether I can wait a little while. What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

im gonna get them to be on the safe side with the o2 presale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Screw it I'm going. Booked time off work today. This, then a day break, then Electric Picnic I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Does anyone have any idea on the popularity of this concert - do you reckon its likely to sell out - or should I be ok to wait over the weekend until the next pay packet comes through.

I don't think it's gonna be another Pearl Jam, and to be fair, they didn't sell out the RDS

I'm a huge fan and I'm seeing them in Leeds as well but I just dunno whether I should be getting a ticket first and foremost Friday morning or whether I can wait a little while. What do people think?

Crue - this one is more difficult than most to gauge - they had such a cross the board following and again people are just going to go to see the songs they know being sung by Axl........indoors with a limit of 14k people it's quite possible that this will sell really well, having the Belfast show will take a little of the pressure off it though I think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I think this will sell quite quickly. GnR have appeal to the masses that won't have a clue that Slash isn't in the band until they see he's not on stage.

It won't sell as quickly as AC/DC but quicker than Iron Maiden. I'd expect standing to sell within a couple of days and seats to eventually sell out. Get in quickly if you don't want to miss out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ozzy jr wrote: »
    GnR have appeal to the masses that won't have a clue that Slash isn't in the band until they see he's not on stage.

I would think it is pretty safe to assume that anyone who will be going to this will know about the lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

The RDS wasn't a great gig Axl kept leaving the stage alot, just leaving the band to do some instrumental stuff which is fine to a point. I'd love to go but you would never be to sure about Axl.

I think this will sell quite quickly. GnR have appeal to the masses that won't have a clue that Slash isn't in the band until they see he's not on stage.

Are you ACTUALLY a GNR fan? U've done NOTHING but troll this band time and time again on this thread, everything is 'GNR suck...' and 'Chinese Democracy blows...'

Are you actually a fan, because you seem to REALLY hate them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Are you ACTUALLY a GNR fan? U've done NOTHING but troll this band time and time again on this thread, everything is 'GNR suck...' and 'Chinese Democracy blows...'

Sounds like a lot of people, including me, a fan of Guns n'Roses, the pre 2000 line ups, just not a fan of Axl

Eh, 2 posts. No mention of sucking or blowing! For the record, I quite like "Chinesse Democracy" in particular "Madagascar".

Did you really mean to quote me there?

• Advertisement

Eh, 2 posts. No mention of sucking or blowing! For the record, I quite like "Chinesse Democracy" in particular "Madagascar".

Did you really mean to quote me there?

Both of your posts were negative about the band despite the fact that you said you were a big fan...I was just confused, because you didn't strike me as someone who was a fan of Guns N Roses currently

Jeez, I said the RDS gig was poor which it was (for the reasons I stated). That means I'm not a fan? Can I only be a fan if I say positive opinions all the time. My second post wasn't negative at all :confused:

I must take a photo of my GnR collection and show you how much of a fan I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

You two are worse than Axl & Slash :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I thought it was quite poor and I'm a big Guns n Roses fan. It was more to do with the early start time (I missed the first song or two), gig played in daylight, Axl running off stage every couple of minutes, it was quite disjointed. Hopefully indoors will be better.

What a ridiculous post.

You thought it was poor because YOU were LATE and the band hit the stage ON TIME.

You thought it was poor because the gig was played in DAYLIGHT.

Axl left the stage during solo spots not ever couple of minutes. He ALWAYS did that even back during the Illusions tour.

Big fan my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Hands up who is going for standing tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

RonMexico wrote: »

Axl left the stage during solo spots not ever couple of minutes. He ALWAYS did that even back during the Illusions tour.

Doesn't mean it isn't annoying. I've never seen anyone need so many breaks. And solos are boring, whether they be drum, bass, guitar or piano, they're boring. End of story!

And wasn't one of the solos done that night a Christina Aguilera song? Can't really do the Dio devil horns to that now can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

What a ridiculous post.

You thought it was poor because YOU were LATE and the band hit the stage ON TIME.

You thought it was poor because the gig was played in DAYLIGHT.

Big fan my hole.

In fairness playing in daylight, while minor, is a legitimate complaint. I saw AC/DC in both the o2 and punchestown last year and the o2 gig was quite a bit better, one of the reasons being it was dark when the band came on which added to the lighting and atmosphere, wheras the punchestown gig, it was still fairly bright when they came on (which obviously couldn't be helped since it was outdoors).
    Also during the illusions tour, I don't think people would have minded as much with axl's breaks as you would have been seeing the original line up wheras nowadays you're really just going to see Axl

I was at the AC/DC gig in Punchestown and had a great time. I couldn't give a toss whether it was day or night. Hell it was lashing at that gig and it was still brilliant.

I don't mind Axl going off the stage. The gig was brilliant regardless and their latest tour is getting great reviews.

People used to moan about the solo spots back in the day too you know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I was at the AC/DC gig in Punchestown and had a great time. I couldn't give a toss whether it was day or night. Hell it was lashing at that gig and it was still brilliant.

Oh so did I, it wasn't a bad gig by any stretch of the imagination. Just the smaller O2 gig had a better atmosphere. But then I do think indoor gigs are generally better than outdoor (90% of the time anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Was the RDS sold out during on their last gig in Dublin?

• Advertisement

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Was the RDS sold out during on their last gig in Dublin?

No but there was a pretty big crowd all the same. They should sell out the O2.

Can someone pm me a presale code if they're not planning on using one, I might not get to use it before the presale ends, but if I could have one from a kind soul I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

doubt it, crowd wasn't that big at the RDS, i was in the stands looking down on it...I seen them in 1992, now that was a big crowd. And considering how badly they sucked the last time they were here i doubt it will sell out. Axl is more like Simply Red now... R.I.P G.N.R.

doubt it, crowd wasn't that big at the RDS, i was in the stands looking down on it...I seen them in 1992, now that was a big crowd. And considering how badly they sucked the last time they were here i doubt it will sell out. Axl is more like Simply Red now... R.I.P G.N.R.

i doubt it will sell out.

It probably won't sell out but not for the reasons you gave. There is no hype around the gig because gnr has no proper marketing behind them , no publicity in the media , no promotion ,no singles , no radio airplay etc etc .You need these to sell out gigs. Hype sells

Haters gonna hate. You are trying to compare the crowd at Slane to a crowd at the RDS :rolleyes:

There was plenty at the RDS. Is this what you call a small crowd?

sxt wrote: »
    It probably won't sell out but not for the reasons you gave. There is no hype around the gig because gnr has no proper marketing behind them , no publicity in the media , no promotion ,no singles , no radio airplay etc etc .You need these to sell out gigs. Hype sells

no marketing? I just heard an add on news talk 106 every hour for the gig. There are also full page adverts in nearly every paper and competition to win tickets left, right and centre...if that aint marketing, please explain what is?

Haters gonna hate. You are trying to compare the crowd at Slane to a crowd at the RDS :rolleyes:

There was plenty at the RDS. Is this what you call a small crowd?

There was "plenty"...yeah far from a sell out, and nice big gaps from what i could see...i'm not a hater, just a ex-fan who felt robbed after that gig...dodgy vocals, massive pointless solos, worst gig ive been to.

no marketing? I just heard an add on news talk 106 every hour for the gig. There are also full page adverts in nearly every paper and competition to win tickets left, right and centre...if that aint marketing, please explain what is?

I presume that is the mcd promoting their event ,not coming from Gun n roses.

• Advertisement

who do you think promotes the gigs? Haha! The band? Did you expect Axl to hand out flyers for the gig? MCD promoted the last two aswell. Where is the lack of marketing you are talking about? If GNR dont sell out it's down to the bad press and word of mouth of their performances...even on the bus back from the RDS the last time i heard fans complaining about it.

Advertisement