Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

speed cameras on m50

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

Saruman wrote:
    5: (and this is should be the most obvious) at over 120kph you can hear feck all on any phone even with a handsfree,

Do you drive with the doors open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

hahahahaah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Sparks400 wrote:
    My point is: checking a phone call, putting on a cd, changing the radio station checking out a nice car etc, your concentration is interrupted, therefore they're all distractions of one kind or another, granted of different magnitudes.

ah ok , cop it now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

roughan wrote:
    OK did i say i answered the phone ???????
    i think we are off topic here !
    my question was if the speed camera works and was anybody else ever flashed
    there is a digidal sppedo in my car so i know i was doing exactly 128 kph
    yeah leave him alone...he only said it rang......

however i doubt ANY speedo is accurate as tyre wear would affect the wheel diameter....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Do you drive with the doors open?
    No... maybe its just me but all i can hear is road noise... then again... come to think of it i have only ever tried to answer my phone with a handsfree in my work cars, both of which have been Diesels. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭carryboy

drdre wrote:
    I donot thin that camera works as i have gone past afew times fast and never recieved anything and this has been ages ago.

Lucky you!:cool: and yet, I advice not to take chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

The usual self-righteous keywoard-warrior ****e

Yawn.

Got flashed by that camera once a couple of years back doing 82mph. Double flash. Was late at night/early morning with no other cars around so it was definately in my honour...

Never heard anything.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

When the NRA (or whoever it was) installed the 20-30 Gatso boxes in Dublin/Meath/Louth there were only 3 cameras which were 'randomly rotated between sites. The sites without film still flash you just to put the fear of God in you which makes you go onto internet forums asking if you are in trouble.
    AFAIK this is still the case so just because you were flashed before but not notified of it does not mean that this will be the case today/tomorrow/etc.

I put the word randomly within quotes because from what I hear, the one opposite the Spa Hotel on the N4 is constantly live!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

roughan wrote:
    i knew it was there my F****ing fone rang and the car crept up to 128 i was keeping it bang on 120 kph
    If the picture shows you on the phone I'd hope you'd get points for that. You have admitted that you were paying less attention to your driving.

Actually anyone know if speed cameras here are used to check for people not wearing seat belts either ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The clarity of the pics would not be good enough to prove beyone reasonable doubt that the drive may be holding a phone.
    Speed cameras only detect speed. i have heard several people claim that their friends were done by a Gatso for not wearing a seatbelt. Shown afterwards to be telling porkies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,850 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

kbannon wrote:
    The clarity of the pics would not be good enough to prove beyone reasonable doubt that the drive may be holding a phone.
    Speed cameras only detect speed. i have heard several people claim that their friends were done by a Gatso for not wearing a seatbelt. Shown afterwards to be telling porkies!

The fixed Gatsos all take pictures of the rear of the vehicle - no chance of detecting seatbelt or anything else except speed.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement