Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is trials part if ps+ or is it just available to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It is a standalone game that is not part of PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

painful waiting for games to come out. i haven't touched my ps4 in about 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

painful waiting for games to come out. i haven't touched my ps4 in about 2 months.

This reminds me a great response to this statement I read on neogaf today. Surprised people are saying there aren't any games
    These posts make me laugh. I haven't stopped playing my Ps4 since launch which had never happened before in my long history of owning consoles.

At launch it was Knack, Res0gun, Assassins Creed, Need for Speed. Into December I got Killzone, Lego Marvel, then discovered Warframe. In January it was Rayman Legends, Don't Starve, Tomb Raider. In February I discovered War Thunder UK and my Warframe addiction got stronger. Couldn't stop playing it.

Then came last month with MGSV, Infamous, Dead Nation, Towerfall, Fez etc. With playtime going toward Final Fantasy beta and my War Thunder crack addiction.

This month will be final fantasy 14, trials fusion which sold me on the demo and child of light.

Next month is also huge with Transistors, Bound By Flame, MLB The Show and Watch Dogs all hitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

In 2 months! Just curious, what did you buy it so soon for?

For me Infamous coming out in March was one reason.. and one I assumed many bought it for. That came out last month :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

RasTa wrote: »
    This reminds me a great response to this statement I read on neogaf today. Surprised people are saying there aren't any games

Great response? no way dude.

There's a mix of games sure, but plenty that won't suit everyone which narrows down that list quite a bit. Just reading it myself I was going, shite, ok, i'd play, shite, shite, yeah ok, eh short games but yeah ok....you get the jist, it's no good telling someone that there are games when they're games that person doesn't want to play, I mean the wiiU has games too after all :pac:

These are the pains of the early console adopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

EA easter sale..

Battlefield 4
    Was €69.99 / $99.95 / £54.99 Now €49.99 / $69.95 / £39.99

Need for Speed Rivals

Both titles will be available at a discount in the PlayStation Store’s Easter Sale from now until April 22nd in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

When I saw BF4 I was hoping for a premium sale.. oh well.

Very tough to call that a sale.. should be at least another tenner off.

tok9 wrote: »
    When I saw BF4 I was hoping for a premium sale.. oh well.

Very tough to call that a sale.. should be at least another tenner off.

it's a terrible sale, but last time i said anything bad about the store and sales i got mobbed here lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

BordorFox wrote: »
    EA easter sale..

Battlefield 4

Need for Speed Rivals

Both titles will be available at a discount in the PlayStation Store’s Easter Sale from now until April 22nd in Europe.

Still 50 quid... Feck off...

I gave BF4 a go at my buddies place on ps4 and I was surprised how "not bad" it was. I might pick it up to play on lazy days. No way I am paying these prices though...

• Advertisement

j7Z0lxq.jpg

Playstation App update 1.70 coming also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I play mine all the time. I'm either easily pleased or just like loads of types of games.

Either way, I'm very happy with my Ps4. And I'd sure as hell moan if I wasn't. I love a good moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

BF4 is half price for PC at the moment via Origins :O

In fairness barely touched mine also, I put some good time into Ass Creed and Fifa, but with the release of Diablo 3 expansion, coupled with WoW, along with BF4, and then getting through some PS3 backlog, no real time.

That's not to say I'm not liking it, just waiting for a monster game to come out that grabs my attention via multiplayer. Hasnt happened on a console since Halo 3 or the original COD series.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Grayditch wrote: »
    I play mine all the time. I'm either easily pleased or just like loads of types of games.

Either way, I'm very happy with my Ps4. And I'd sure as hell moan if I wasn't. I love a good moan.

Well, my buddy played ps3 all the time, it broke down and he got PS4. He is one of those people who play one/two games and never touches anything else. So yeah, he plays BF4 only. He is just mind blown how much better BF4 is better on PS4, playing the living **** out of it.

I barely play my one right now, but I most of it because I am PC gamer. Games that I can play on PS4, I can play on PC. PC versions are just so much better right now too.
    I still think that PS4 is fantastic kit and is a very good deal if you dont have PC and dont want to invest in to PC ( shame on you ).

The other reason that makes me not play on PS4 that much - retarded game prices. Old gen games still can be gotten for nice price if you dont mind waiting for deliveries. On top of that PC games are just so god damn cheaper and more convenient.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game prices are to be expected. They'll go down once the install base hits a critical mass and they can profit from lower prices. Either that or wait 6 months when they'll be getting flogged for cheap on online stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Or import them now for cheaper prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Looks like GAME.co.uk has found out what we are doing and won't let us use Parcel Motel anymore.

I had the address saved for an instant click but now I get a error "The order was rejected as part of the fraud checks."

Does anyone know if there is a work around?

Murdered: Soul Suspect is on discount there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The game prices are to be expected. They'll go down once the install base hits a critical mass and they can profit from lower prices. Either that or wait 6 months when they'll be getting flogged for cheap on online stores.

There's no competition here any more, while the install base has never been higher for the 360 & PS3 the prices are €15-20 more expensive after HMV closed down. You don't even see Tesco doing as many now deals any more.

US prices are comparable between gen at least for first party games from each side but their next gen game will likely drop down to $60 for everything, while we're stuck with paying €65-70 for any Irish retailer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Doublelime

Help. I just bought a PS4 from gamestop and I need to return it. I lost my receipt, but it is completely unopened and sealed. What can I do now?

Doublelime wrote: »
    Help. I just bought a PS4 from gamestop and I need to return it. I lost my receipt, but it is completely unopened and sealed. What can I do now?

Why would you buy something that you need to return straight away/ Without the receipt you're out of luck unless you paid by credit card and even then there's nothing to say that you will get your money back. GameStop are legally entitled simply to offer you a credit note as there's nothing wrong with the console and you simply changed your mind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Doublelime

Why would you buy something that you need to return straight away/ Without the receipt you're out of luck unless you paid by credit card and even then there's nothing to say that you will get your money back. GameStop are legally entitled simply to offer you a credit note as there's nothing wrong with the console and you simply changed your mind.

It was supposed to be a present but he already has one

Doublelime wrote: »
    It was supposed to be a present but he already has one

Best bet is to go in and explain it to them. May get a sympathetic employee or manager but I wouldn't hold my breath. Best advice for future is to always pay by card if you can for something like a PS4. That way if you lose the receipt you can still prove that it was bought when and where.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was thinking about pre ordering Watch dogs from videogamesplus.ca
    Seeing as will only cost about 45 euro but its the delivery that has me thinking otherwise. For anyone whos ordered from there already when did they get there stock. I know i asked this already but im asking again :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was thinking about pre ordering Watch dogs from videogamesplus.ca
    Seeing as will only cost about 45 euro but its the delivery that has me thinking otherwise. For anyone whos ordered from there already when did they get there stock. I know i asked this already but im asking again :pac:.
    Took 13 days for me last month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

If you don't mind downloading you could always buy it off the US psn store. Should be around €45 ish when converted.

I done that with MGS: Ground Zero.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If you don't mind downloading you could always buy it off the US psn store. Should be around €45 ish when converted.

I done that with MGS: Ground Zero.

Do u need to have an American account or?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Do u need to have an American account or?

Yes.
    That's how you download on the US psn.

Same if you want to download a Japanese game, you need a Japanese account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭padair

Vgp have a good ps4 sale. A couple of the games are 40 Canadian dollars which works out around 26 Euros. Don't know how much delivery is

F1ngers wrote: »
    Yes.
    That's how you download on the US psn.

Same if you want to download a Japanese game, you need a Japanese account.

So if I already have my account set up to be Irish can it be changed? Or would I need to set up a new one and start over?

Is it just as simple as changing address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So if I already have my account set up to be Irish can it be changed? Or would I need to set up a new one and start over?

Is it just as simple as changing address?

I just made a new account. Just make sure to use a US address.
    You can then just switch accounts back after downloading it and play on your irish one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement