Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Go in some sort of disguise dutchess :D

ReadingBookBatman.jpg
    :cool: Perfect

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Dutchess wrote: »
    ./QUOTE]

nailed it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lennyd

Racheymoo wrote: »
    Amusingly, this just popped up in my Facebook feed - http://www.boredpanda.com/amazing-home-interior-design-ideas/ with the sand one as the link picture.

Some of those are genius! Definitely would not want to be a cat owner with the sandpit though :) Oh the book staircase is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lennyd

Dutchess if you go in that disguise I'll buy you your next book!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Tempting but I think I'll pass :p

My height and accent would still make me quite identifiable anyway. I think doing the voice as well would ruin me pretty quickly:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Dutchess wrote: »
    I think doing the voice as well would ruin me pretty quickly:D

If christian bale can somewhat get away with his batman voice you'll probably be grand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Racheymoo

Soooooo, anyone else up for a drink/coffee on Wed eve? What could be more inviting than a group of complete strangers meeting for the first time to discuss the merits of sandpits and Joanne (with and E) Harris?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BelgradeGirl

Happy St. Patrick's day dear Irish people! Hope you've had fun today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Happy St. Patrick's day dear Irish people! Hope you've had fun today.

ALCOHOL! :D Anyone out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Alcamahol. Puke.

So any takers for Bowling n' Beerz sometime in April? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 BelgradeGirl

Alcamahol. Puke.

So any takers for Bowling n' Beerz sometime in April? :/

Yes, just say when and where. :) I'm probably leaving Ireland soon, so any gathering would be nice before I leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 galwaygirl 110110

Try the Friends Galway Facebook page. They organise classes and get togethers, I was at a table quiz recently, really good fun!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-Galway/224615491030458?ref=hl

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gonein20secs

Confuseddotcom tried to email ya back! galwaygirl 110110 will have a look at their page sounds like fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Oh lol sorry mailbox was full!! Should be space in there again now to send again. Oops sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Shall try this again! Bitta Bowling followed by a few Beerz, pass an evening shure. :) Please reply if interested and mention dates free or not free and will go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

Yeah I'd be up for this. My girlfriend and I just moved here in January so would be great to meet some new people!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

I suppose I've been living here 2 and a half months and I haven't made any friends!

Being a broke student on placement doesn't help though!
    I'm up for the banter if everyone else is :P

Sure let me know the story!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I might be round for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Sorry not sure when yet chancer, some Fri/Sat eve perhaps, it just depends on numbers and interest I guess so it's hard to tell!

Have tried the people suggest dates they're free way but it didn't work out as far as I know! But maybe I should just suggest a date altogether, and see if people reply or will be available on that date then........?

Is there any other activities / stuff to do that people can think of?! :)

Well actually I think it's 6 that's needed for Bowling so another 1 / 2 peeps and we could have enough for a Lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Best thing to do is just pick a date and stick to it. I've often found that you can't suit everyone, and it's an incentive for those that missed it this time to suggest times/venues/dates that suit them best, next time.

• Advertisement

I Deffo can't do weekends. And I work during the week. So midweek evening suit me best !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aureli33

Hi all,

In the same situation with my boyfriend. We moved here around 6 months ago and cant seem to be making any friends. Would definitely be up for meeting up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Lillie Icy Rawhide

I'd be up for bowling :) I'm kinda busy evenings towards the end of this week (Thurs -Sat) but apart from that I'm flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

OK guys how about we lock down a date otherwise this could go on for a while :) How does bowling next Wednesday the 16th sound?

In case you missed it, there'll be a beers either the 18th or 19th: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057244748

Hey guys! Bowling sounds good pn Wednesday. Where and what time?

X

Wednesday, I'll have driving lesson from 6:30 to 7:30

So after would be great :) Anywhere really :D

Any update on a location and time?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert1782_

Would anyone have any interest in a table quiz in coyotes bar in aid of childline on the 24th? Looking for 2 people to make up a table with a friend and myself, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Hi guys, just moved to Galway with my bf and everything is going well work-wise, we really like the city but finding it kind of hard not knowing anyone here apart from each other... Did anything ever come of the meet up suggestions on this thread in the end? It seems to be so much harder and more intimidating to get out there and make new friends in your late twenties. Really missing having a few people to meet up with for drinks/chats on weekends.

Advertisement