Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HANNSpad 7" tablet

Options
  • 20-11-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Just grabbed one of these for my son and want to get opinion on whether it's faulty or just poor quality. Trying to work out of I am going to get a refund or exchange for another one.

There is no Google Play, only something called 1MobileMarket, which is not the best but suffices. The trouble I am having is installing the apps. Via this 1MobileMarket it downloads the .apk then tries to install. Some examples are Google Chrome, Firefox, Angry Birds Star Wars,

About 7 out of the 10 apps I tried to install failed, or installed but won't run.

Adding to this, it rebooted itself about 3 times in 2 hours. As such I have grounds for a refund or exchange.

If the issue with the apps is likely to be due to compatibility with the tablet, then I will go for a refund as exchanging it will still leave me stuck with a tablet that it very particular about what you can install on it.

Would appreciate some feedback on whether people think its a compatibility issue or just a dud tablet. Model is Hannspad SN70T3, most reviews aren't great, but for 99.00 EUR I thought It's be fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

If the product reboots itself then bring it back .
    Out of curiosity ,which shop did you get it from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

The point is that right now I have the option of a refund.

I don't want to exchange it, and have the same issues again regarding installing apps and then be left with a tablet that technically functions per spec, leaving me without the option of exchanging.

I bought it via groupon deal for 99.00

Can you elaborate!! You reckon the Apps issue is due to compatibility?

Notice on the link you sent that 343 of them have been sold.. I wonder if the other 342 users are facing the same issue as me... ?!

The issue with apps - you can't really do anything however product rebooting itself is different game altogether.

I'm on my mob atm but did you see the exact description of this product before purchasing?

I would contact the Groupon asap to ask for a refund if this was me.

I wouldn't bother getting a replacement from them tbh, will post an alternative to your tablet later on.

• Advertisement

Jarren wrote: »
    did you see the exact description of this product before purchasing?
    I did see the description, but there's nothing particular there that turned me off. What are you referring to?
    Jarren wrote: »
    will post an alternative to your tablet later on.
    Would greatly appreciate that, as I'd still like to get a 7 inch tablet.. which works of course..

Specs/features of the tablet I meant

No Google play store would put me off straight away

I would pick the following tablets instead

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB028.php

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fineslate-MULTITOUCH-Capacitive-Ice-cream-Processor/dp/B007L9YZP4/ref=sr_1_27?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353438288&sr=1-27

The sellers are companies operating from Uk so there should not be much issues with warranty .

Just thought I'd quickly follow up. I bought the Fineslate tablet from Amazon. The difference is phenominal. It's a far far better tablet in all areas. I wasn't that concerned initially about not having Google Play store, but realizing now it's a massive differentiator.

I'm going to struggle giving it as a gift!

Thanks kindly for the tip!

Advertisement