Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grand National 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Rare Bob is interesting but he finished very tired/slowly in the Becher. It was carrying top weight that day but if he's going to win the race you'd hope he would have got closer to the winner that day. I'm full up though and won't be making any more bets but a small onw on Rare Bob each way isn't a bad idea at 50/1. It's so competitive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Morgans

Rare Bob a viable outsider and I think there is a little bit of value in the price. Wouldnt turn anyone off him. A handful that Id fancy more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cappa Blue is one of those horses that you wonder how/why he's so short in the betting.
    If you fancy State of Play on last year's run and that of previous year's you'd almost have to back Cappa Blue because Maloney has jumped ship.
    Tricky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I think Rare Bob is more of a spring horse aswell, was looking at his form the other day and his form at the Aintree festival is impressive.

Its the most open national in years anything could win it.

The only one Im sure I wont be backing is the fav.
    I dont think he'll finish the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Ah ****e, just went to back Organisedconfusion and he is in to 16 from 28.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stever75

My money on seabass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Planet of Sound seems to be the completely forgotten horse of this race. He has a lot going for him here. The ground has come up good or near it which will be perfect for him. This year he has had two very good runs and has been kept for this since. 2nd in the Hennessy of 2lbs higher really looks to confirm his wellbeing in my eyes. I don’t know how he isn’t in the 16-20/1 range and ill happily take 33/1 EW with 5 places which is on offer nearly everywhere. There is 40/1 with 4 places on Will Hill but I like the extra place in this race.

1pt EW 33/1 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Sunnyhilboy for me all day long - 18/1 in PP, ticks all the boxes and fits within most trends...

25 e/w Sunnyhillboy 18/1
    10 e/w Seabass 14/1
    25 e/w Chicago Grey 12/1 (all the craze - & I'd hate to miss out:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

aidankkk wrote: »
    Planet of Sound seems to be the completely forgotten horse of this race. He has a lot going for him here. The ground has come up good or near it which will be perfect for him. This year he has had two very good runs and has been kept for this since. 2nd in the Hennessy of 2lbs higher really looks to confirm his wellbeing in my eyes. I don’t know how he isn’t in the 16-20/1 range and ill happily take 33/1 EW with 5 places which is on offer nearly everywhere. There is 40/1 with 4 places on Will Hill but I like the extra place in this race.

1pt EW 33/1 5 places.
    I agree. hes a winner of a Punchestown Gold Cup. Follow the plan won that race also who won yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Ah ****e, just went to back Organisedconfusion and he is in to 16 from 28.

Same here. Got 18s though. The bollox was
    25s yesterday :(

• Advertisement

Morgans wrote: »
    Always Waining: This is the darker horse 40/1 with little form this year but with a fantastic course record. Loves this time of year and loves the course. Mon Parrain was a handicap snip in great form last year and it was no mean feat to scalp him. Distance is an issue but such is the way he goes around here, that there are worse 40/1 shots in the race. He is still in the Topham, and if he goes there on friday, I'll back him more confidently there instead.

I'll take it. I suppose the stamina is always going to be an issue, but I'd love to see him given the chance in the big race. Not getting younger. Has a handicap advantage over the course. Thanks to Hucklebuck for putting me onto bet365 NRNB for the national.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

e\w on Sunnyhillboy on thursday at 22\1.

Was not prepared to back Synchronised but he's out to 10\1 with William Hill but have little or no confidence in him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

on Chicago Grey for ages now, but not sure about his jumping over the big fences and he's got carberry in the saddle :eek:. also just had a little bit on Black Aplalachi at 40's, i know he's 13 but he loves it there and his last run at fairyhouse was'nt bad at all, i backed Synchronised at cheltenham and if he drifts out a bit more, i might be tempted to have a bit on him, but at the minute i'll stick with the 2.

I can't believe Synchronised in 10/1 now. I would be even more gobsmacked if he was to go off at a double figure price. Id be less surprised if he was 5/1 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Think i've decided now. Chicago Grey, Black Appalachi and Rare Bob are my 3, all e/w. Might go for State of Play to place if the price is big enough, 10's +

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sunnyhillboy and Chicago Grey e/w bet for me

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

shakalakaboomboom, i always go on the name of horse, has stood to me in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Organised confusion for me. Was going to back it yest and can't believe the price has changed so much today. Well not changing my mind on it now. Also a little on The midnight club.

I can't believe Synchronised in 10/1 now. I would be even more gobsmacked if he was to go off at a double figure price. Id be less surprised if he was 5/1 or less.

He is well handicapped when you look at the horses hes giving only a few pounds to realy highlights that and is the perfect age but there are negatives aswell

Top weight.
    Hard race last time out .
    Not the biggest horse and can hit the odd fence.
    Never ran over the fences before.

I could'nt back him myself mainly because of the hard race last time.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Might go for State of Play to place if the price is big enough, 10's +

14/1 on bet365 at this moment in time :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

Synchronised is a visual nightmare but he hasn't fallen over timber and I don't suspect he will tomorrow. I hope he wins but feel this has certainly come too soon for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

I'm just gonna pick about 8-9 horses and do a few small stake combo tricasts or straight tri casts usually pays a grand or two so worth the minimun type of bet it's hard enough getting the winner but sure i always have to push the boat and try be special :D Good luck tomorrow folks

robbie1977 wrote: »
    14/1 on bet365 at this moment in time :eek:

Is that 4 or 5 places do you know?

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Is that 4 or 5 places do you know?

First 5

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭GMROCKS

Becauseicouldntsee (IRE) @20/1 has to be a great bet,just watched his last race came 2nd to sunnyhill boy,he jumps great,a front runner that has no prob with the distance,sunnyhill loked hard ridden way out and Becauseicouldntsee (IRE) looked he was out on a training session for this race jockey went very easy on him.16 runs 2 win2 7 places.down 20lbs since last run.sure he fit for 8 mile :) im on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Calgary Bay seems to be an overlooked horse. He beat Shakalakaboomboom nicely enough at Doncaster last time. Not much difference in the weights but Shakalaka.... is half the price of Calgary. :confused:

33/1 Calgary Bay looks tempting enough e/w.

I'm starting to think your're right. Back to lay possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

It's a nightmare and I keep changing my mind, but these are the ones I'm gonna stick with :

Planet of Sound, Black Apalachi and On His Own - all e/w.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I still have a feeling that this won't suit Synchronised and/or it may come too soon after ths gold cup but I also think 10/1 is more than fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Look at the story entitled "Bookmakers prepare for national stampede" on the RP

Reporting that Ladbrokes will be 12/1 Synchronised this morning.

Advertisement