Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yeh I was looking at the nintendo one comptemplating get that too and remembered you had mentioned that before on here. Im gonna go for the Gold Zelda one next i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Winter gold boxed + complete on the snes came this morning from a chap on adverts, only one of 3 super fx 2 games along with doom and yoshis island. All in good condition, cost me a tenner. Isn't well known and wasn't released in NTSC regions. Game is ok bought it more for collection reasons, but the graphics and especially the menu animations are damn impressive for the snes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

double post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Collected this tonight, now to fill it with old stuff :)

expedit-shelving-unit__0092716_PE229439_S4.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

This finally arrived today. A minty clean Gekirindan Taito F3 cassette and a Japanese F3 motherboard.

The motherboard has been modified to accept cassettes from all regions. :D

Quite surprised at how bloody enormous the cassettes/carts/whatever you want to call them actually are. They make Neo Geo MVS systems look like a Neo Geo Pocket!

Fu5rj.jpg

EDIT: Might as well add this one in as well. I'll have this later tonight, Darius Burst iOS in pupil-smashing retina display colour! :D

800px-IPad_3_Box.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Oh, found this hidden away in the front hall. Was a nice surprise when I was looking for Climbie the cat.

[IMG][/img]IMG_1007.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_1008.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0174.jpg

He likes Super R-Type.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    IMG_0174.jpg

He likes Super R-Type.

Looks more like a Radirgy cat to me. :pac:

bannic3a8re-blog-radirgy1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry about the crappy photos. I finally ticked off another of my videogaming bucket list enteries. Massive thanks to appleflavouredalcoholicbeveragedude for this one. I'll eh, give you the 50 I owe you later and owe you a drink:

197334.jpg

197333.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice one man!

Welcome to the SNK club. Leave all your sense and money at the door :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have to play it with headphones for now, my TV is a bit crap but going to get some passive external speakers for it tomorrow. It's a thing of beauty. Only problem with it is that it looks gash on an LCD without scanlines. I'd love a CRT but until I move home I can't get one. I've been lurking on the neo geo forums, the games are surprisingly nicely priced... shipping of course is a whore on these carts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just the one purchase from me!

78df1128.jpg

It's actually entertaining. Has 4 different card games on it including a video poker thing. Can't go wrong for €4ish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Oh, found this hidden away in the front hall. Was a nice surprise when I was looking for Climbie the cat.

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg
    Hey, stick it up on ebay as the ultra-rare DKC3 that was printed upside down!
    We'll include you in Dreamer of the Year!
    IMG_0174.jpg
    The Cat in the Hat!
    I wonder if, under the hat, is another cat, cat "A", with a hat on, and under that hat is yet another, cat "B", and so on down to cat "Z", they say he is a whizz at getting rid of pink snow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

@Retr0: How the hell did you smuggle that into the house?

@Atavan: Did you just buy that cart because it says Bottom Up on the bottom?

EnterNow wrote: »

3A3B5A71-AF8D-A058-05BCA2AD471C8654.jpg

I didn't, my mam is still going mental about it.

Still worth it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up the well reviewed Kid Icarus Uprising, haven't played it yet.
    It's in HMV for 39.99 and that's with the 3DS stand, a piece a plastic that comes with it's own instruction book, together with warnings, some game owners must be pretty thick...
    Anyhow, comes with a nifty set of cards, presumably for AR functions, tis a good day today!
    Should have Twin Hank for the MD on Monday as well....

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I didn't, my mam is still going mental about it.

Still worth it!

d0Wvd.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

@Atavan: Did you just buy that cart because it says Bottom Up on the bottom?

No I bought it because the cat is OMG SUPER KAWAIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

*insert obnoxious gifs of seizure causing rainbows, cats and Japanese school girls. And retr0*

Pyongyang wrote: »
    d0Wvd.jpg

You just missed the rest of the photos involving surgical gloves and ky jelly!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just picked up the well reviewed Kid Icarus Uprising, haven't played it yet.
    It's in HMV for 39.99 and that's with the 3DS stand, a piece a plastic that comes with it's own instruction book, together with warnings, some game owners must be pretty thick...
    Anyhow, comes with a nifty set of cards, presumably for AR functions, tis a good day today!
    Should have Twin Hank for the MD on Monday as well....

Just picked up Kid Icarus in HMV too. I'm not even home yet and I've managed to drop the HMV bag on the ground twice. Made a noisy thud. Hopefully the silly plastic stand cushioned the fall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Just picked up a megadrive from Steve, couldn't resist it for €10
    Thanks again steve, good to meet you.

I was rather disappointed to find out that the circlepad pro is only used to allow lefties, satan worshipping goat shaggers they are, to play with a circlepad, instead of the lesser option of the buttons on the right side, which is only as good as the deviants deserve.
    I had hoped that the extra analogue controller would've allowed the targeting reticule to mapped to it, avoiding having to use the damn touchpad, alas it was not to be.
    Luckily the stylus controls are ok, looks amazing by the way, very nice.
    Has a very Super Smash Bros feel to it, with the presentation, manner of unlocking bonus etc all lifted straight from the latest edition on the Wii.

Master of the Universe

You can't control the game with both circle pads? what?!

So Nintendo felt the need to release a horrible black add on to get around the problem of not being able to dual analog stick control, release a game which everyone has been waiting for (and is billed as using the add on) - but does NOT use it's primary function?

The mind seriously boggles. That's really after pissing me off :mad:

**** you right handed people! Us lefties win this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just picked up a megadrive from Steve, couldn't resist it for €10
    Thanks again steve, good to meet you.

No probs, enjoy your bargain. :)

Just meet us around the back of the house at the next Beers, don't worry, we always carry baseball bats and a taser, you lefty demon worshipper!

Just meet us around the back of the house at the next Beers, don't worry, we always carry baseball bats and a taser, you lefty demon worshipper!

I'll just bring my bro Satan along too :)

you defty lemon worshipper!

I actually read it like that. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

leftys rule and rightys drool!

Here what I got today, can wait to get stuck into it

rpo_hard_cover-345x440.jpg

Not my pic btw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement