Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2000 euro stake from 1st fight

• 04-04-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Timothy bradley 13/8(Pacquiao)
    Bernard Hopkins 4/9 (Shumenov)
    Amir Khan 1/4 (Collazo)
    A BRONER 1/25(Molina)
    Froch 8/15 (Grooves)
    Martinez 4/9 (Cotto)
    Chisora 13/8 (Fury)

Have 2000 on 1st fight(won 2500 on lucky 15) so not gonna lose my own cash and lump winnings on each fight after that.Im prob mad but i love the Buzz of gambling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭freethearmy

Nope not an accum....playing with skybets money so thats why the 2gs keep 500 for galway races...think pac-man is finished as a boxer...but as we all know never say never.....their is a few fights in their which could go either way but im going with my head not heart on this running bet as i always bet with my heart and it costs to much

BET 1...........Timothy bradley 13/8(Pacquiao) 2000 RETURNS 5250

pac_man wrote: »
    A bit of advice,don't do it. Them fights are way too risky and the value in some of them are quite poor. I haven't a clue on your financial circumstances but the average Joe wouldn't have 2 grand to play around with. It's a bit of a fallacy to think that your not losing money that you just won.

Cheers for that but i have my mind made up to do this for a while since i won a few quid....1st bet done so its to late.................I know in my heart and soul i would just loose the lot on horses footie bets and poker anyway so im gonna stick to these fights and if they roll over till the last i will have enough cash for a nice holiday with the missus and kids to asia for a month or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nope not an accum....playing with skybets money so thats why the 2gs keep 500 for galway races...think pac-man is finished as a boxer...but as we all know never say never.....their is a few fights in their which could go either way but im going with my head not heart on this running bet as i always bet with my heart and it costs to much

BET 1...........Timothy bradley 13/8(Pacquiao) 2000 RETURNS 5250

That is not a good way to think when betting, the money is not Skybets, it's now yours, you won it so keep it. The mindset of "oh it's the bookies money so it doesn't matter" is not a good way to think. Keep your money and enjoy it on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

No wonder it's the bookie that's driving the merc. A fool and his money are soon parted. Lining Paddy Power's pocket.

Johner wrote: »
    That is not a good way to think when betting, the money is not Skybets, it's now yours, you won it so keep it. The mindset of "oh it's the bookies money so it doesn't matter" is not a good way to think. Keep your money and enjoy it on yourself.

bet done know so i have to roll with it..just wish me luck my just cash out if 1st 1 wins!!!!

• Advertisement

No wonder it's the bookie that's driving the merc. A fool and his money are soon parted. Lining Paddy Power's pocket.

As i said i love the buzz from gambling never said i was great at it:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

He who dares wins Rodders, he who dares wins - good luck my son

As i said i love the buzz from gambling never said i was great at it:D:D:D

You'll find it to be a pretty expensive buzz sooner rather than later

i know its a gamble and its a good slap off cash but i have a good feeling on it will see after the 1st fight how my "balls" are

You'll find it to be a pretty expensive buzz sooner rather than later

i dont get a buzz of my wife ...but she still costs me a packet!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

You have the bet done now so good luck with it, when is the first fight on?

13th april pac man and bradley

Also, post screenshot for proof

Also, post screenshot for proof
    will do

how do you take a pic off your bet online and save it???

how do you take a pic off your bet online and save it???

Google how to take a screenshot

will do put it up in morning

will do put it up in morning

No worries pal, we believe you. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Heres how (or at least the way I do it)

1. Open up the screen you want too take a picture of.
    2. Click "Prt Scrn" on your keyboard, it just be located on the right side of your keyboard just above insert. It also should have Sys Rq written right underneath it.
    3. Open up your paint application, click edit then click paste.
    4. Use paint too cover up any other details that you don't want disclosed such as your real name, bank account details or anything else that you don't want people too see.
    5. Click save as, it will open up a tab, name the file.
    6. Underneath naming the file it will ask you for a file type, click it, scroll down and saved it as a JPEG
    7. Go too an upload site such as tinypic.com
    8. upload the file and post the link here or the image here

seems like alot of work but really only takes 2mins
    could be other ways of doing it but this is how I always done it :P

Also I done the same bet as you :D except not 2grand, I done one tenth of that ;) best of luck man should be a good fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Would love to see a pic of this !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Still waiting for the screen shot.

Flanna do you know this lad, I was thinking he was your beard but he's missing the eloquence :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Hows the head op, you didnt get much value outta your 2grand:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Timothy bradley 13/8(Pacquiao)
    Bernard Hopkins 4/9 (Shumenov)
    Amir Khan 1/4 (Collazo)
    A BRONER 1/25(Molina)
    Froch 8/15 (Grooves)
    Martinez 4/9 (Cotto)
    Chisora 13/8 (Fury)

Have 2000 on 1st fight(won 2500 on lucky 15) so not gonna lose my own cash and lump winnings on each fight after that.Im prob mad but i love the Buzz of gambling

Einstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Just read this thread .................... what a joke.

You must be a multi millionaire or something , it takes a bet that size to create the buzz ?

So sorry for your loss mate - but that's fckin wreckless gambling right there.
    No thought put into it at all , you didn't even get the best odds at 13/8.

You should have been getting 9/4 , so even if you won you would have been throwing away hundreds on your first bet alone.

You could always stick your last 500 on Japan to win the world cup - then take a trip to Asia with your winnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

There most certainly was no bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

DuckHook wrote: »
    There most certainly was no bet.

Thought the same the minute I saw the ridiculous original post!

TbL

Just as well the first bet lost otherwise we all would have been dragged along from one imaginary bet to another, i feel sorry for the op that he felt the need to come up with this ****!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

OrUjP.jpg

• Advertisement

done the bet but felt like a right plonker after 1st 1 lost wont be doing that kinda betting again sticking to 10 and 20 euro from now on....feel like a spa.....(was drunk posting on here and betting) it doesnt f55king work

Advertisement