Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loftus hall

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

should have know quite well that the roof and room the devil apparently had anything to do with was in a now demolished house. she was obvioulsy spinning yarns.

Good point. Maybe some of the people here should turn their interest in this house into something more useful. There are many, many more houses like Loftus Hall which need protecting from development and dereliction. Perhaps they too have ghost stories? Maybe there is one near you?

You will never know, until you do a bit of research and maybe join an organisation like the Irish Georgian Society etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

But there is nothing official to say that there was an exorcism there. The fact is Ann Tottenham got pregnant from a stranger . Back at that time to be pregnant out of wedlock was a very bad thing .

So to cover this up they whole devil story was created. The parents said she went mad after the stranger (devil) left. She was not mad she was pregnant . The visits by the priest were for their daughter. They pushed this as an exercism.

This story is also not uncommon it happens everywere.

Redmond hall was not even in the same place as Loftus Hall . They were not even beside each other. redmond hall was closer the sea, then Loftus hall.

Loftus Hall is built exactly over the foundations of Redmond Hall, I have plans and early maps of both structures. They are in exactly the same location.

I have found two references to the exorcism at Loftus in historical texts though neither give any details. It probably did occur as the exorcism is so imbedded in local legend, but as this was over 250 years ago nobody could be sure. Father Broaders certainly did exist and both himself and the local catholic community received favors from the Baron Loftus for his help.

One historical text gives far more weight to the haunting of 'Hook Tower'. Hook Tower stood in the location of the current Hook lighthouse.

iamhunted wrote: »
    exactly - why pretend?

fact is no-one has managed to come forward with any credible story of a paranormal experience from loftus hall. Paranormal mind you - not 'oh it feels cold' or 'boys but it feels creepy in here' type experiences (theres plenty of normal, everyday reasons that will do that). Maybe if people hope enough it might come true?

Also nobody has come forward with any credible story of any other paranormal experience anywhere else in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

AI wrote: »
    Loftus Hall is built exactly over the foundations of Redmond Hall, I have plans and early maps of both structures. They are in exactly the same location.

I have found two references to the exorcism at Loftus in historical texts though neither give any details. It probably did occur as the exorcism is so imbedded in local legend, but as this was over 250 years ago nobody could be sure. Father Broaders certainly did exist and both himself and the local catholic community received favors from the Baron Loftus for his help.

One historical text gives far more weight to the haunting of 'Hook Tower'. Hook Tower stood in the location of the current Hook lighthouse.

Looks like somebodies been doing their homework! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

Also nobody has come forward with any credible story of any other paranormal experience anywhere else in Ireland

This thread isnt about anywhere else in ireland - its about loftus hall being haunted. Theres no point in trying to back up its haunted claim by saying you cant prove anywhere else is haunted - thats just taking the piss. Plus, I know quite a few credible accounts of paranormal activity, including some of my own. I havent met anyone yet who can say the same for loftus hall. Lets admit it - theres no claim to it being haunted rather than some old stories.

• Advertisement

This thread isnt about anywhere else in ireland - its about loftus hall being haunted. Theres no point in trying to back up its haunted claim by saying you cant prove anywhere else is haunted - thats just taking the piss. Plus, I know quite a few credible accounts of paranormal activity, including some of my own. I havent met anyone yet who can say the same for loftus hall. Lets admit it - theres no claim to it being haunted rather than some old stories.

Take a chill pill love! He was only just saying! God whats the deal with all the grumpy posters on here today! :mad: Tut tut

This thread is about Loftus Hall, not whether or not it is haunted.
    I never said it was haunted.

(But I did hear an interesting account from some folk who spent a few nights inside the place!)

If you all read the origional post this thread is about Loftas Hall in general, and to me that is anything and everything about the place. The OP asked if anyone had had any experiences with the place, knew any stories, been in it etc.

So all posts about Loftas Hall are welcome here, whether it be about haunting or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

In fairness ... its a thread about it in a Paranormal Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

lets not get perturbed here. The place doesnt seem to be haunted, thats what Im saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

well there is no evidence of any paranormal activity in any place in Ireland so I dont see why Loftus should be discounted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭placard

Loftus hall is full of legends and ghost stories, there are many other places like it in Ireland. No hard evidence but loads of stories.. who are we to say it's true or not. Unless you've experienced the paranormal firsthand that is.

This thread is about Loftus Hall, not whether or not it is haunted.
    I never said it was haunted.

(But I did hear an interesting account from some folk who spent a few nights inside the place!)
    Care to share?

Grimes wrote: »
    well there is no evidence of any paranormal activity in any place in Ireland so I dont see why Loftus should be discounted

Exactly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭samdeluxjones

its meant to be sold again..

so hopefully it will be restored as a hotel again.

and if it is you can all go out and stay there and see for yourselves :eek:

its meant to be sold again..

so hopefully it will be restored as a hotel again.

and if it is you can all go out and stay there and see for yourselves :eek:

I dont think anyone has bought that place yet. Its been for sale a long time now. They will never sell that house, its in bits, it will just rot to the ground. :(

well local fact truth rumour has it so watch that space..

what might look like its rotting to the ground to you might look like a blinding opportunity to others..

well local fact truth rumour has it so watch that space..

what might look like its rotting to the ground to you might look like a blinding opportunity to others..
    Hmm yeah true, i thought it was still for sale on Sherry Fitz no? Last time i looked it was anyway. Maybe they have started doing it up a bit inside already but no one knows??

yeah the place has been bought . Local rumour is that its Bono .

yeah the place has been bought . Local rumour is that its Bono .
    Ah sure thats old news Dre! I heard that he was "ment" to have bought it months ago!! But if its auctually true is another question. Why is it still up on Sherry Fitz then? And why havnt renovations etc started on it if he now owns it? cos we all know he has plenty of money to be pouring into the house.

• Advertisement

It has been bought , i dont know why nothing has been done with it.

It has been bought , i dont know why nothing has been done with it.
    Well its still for sale on the site anyway, only one way to find out..... ill just ring them and ask them.

make a right little holiday house for bono alright..

Ya man could pay for a new roof for the place by charging €75 a head for paranormal investigations ;)

Ya man could pay for a new roof for the place by charging €75 a head for paranormal investigations ;)
    Ha ha :D x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Most people I talk to nowadays don't believe anything paranormal goes on in Loftus Hall.

It may be losing it's appeal. Bono's not buying it.

funkyflea wrote: »
    Most people I talk to nowadays don't believe anything paranormal goes on in Loftus Hall.

It may be losing it's appeal. Bono's not buying it.
    Thank you! At least someone knows what their talking about. The whole Bono thing was a mear roomer. Its complete nonsence. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zerotolerance

I have bought Loftus Hall and intend to turn it into a retirement home for paranormal investigators.

Dre you can have first dibs on a room :rolleyes:

I have bought Loftus Hall and intend to turn it into a retirement home for paranormal investigators.

Dre you can have first dibs on a room :rolleyes:
    Me 2nd ! haha :D

• Advertisement

youtube removed me video the feckers :mad:

Advertisement