Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

mymo wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think after 4 months of crazy, non stop Mouse attacks, the death of several cat and dog toys, dozens of toilet rolls, paper towels, two pairs of shoe laces, and one small teddy(probably loads more stuff too I can't remember off hand) wrestling of dogs and the poor older cats....

Mouse has finally run out of energy!

She slept most of yesterday, all night and most of today.
    I even checked she's still breathing!

Could it possibly be the mad kitten phase is coming to an end?
    :(

I thought Cream's mad kitten phase was ending around the 8 month mark... 3 and a half years and he's still going strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Moments after I posted she woke up and tried to kill my daughters feet (bare feet, she'll never learn)

Maybe its just us being sick so sitting about made her sleepy?

Mouse is only 5 months at a guess, have booked her in for spay next Thursday or Friday, have to speak to vet Monday to confirm. Poor little thing :(

Thanks sillymango, May her mad antics entertain us for much longer!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Sounds like you were lulled into a false sense of security Mymo :D

Moments after I posted she woke up and tried to kill my daughters feet (bare feet, she'll never learn)

Maybe its just us being sick so sitting about made her sleepy?

Mouse is only 5 months at a guess, have booked her in for spay next Thursday or Friday, have to speak to vet Monday to confirm. Poor little thing :(

Thanks sillymango, May her mad antics entertain us for much longer!

They always trick you into thinking they are calm, that's when the worst zoomies occur :P Cream is running around the place using a bell from a collar as a football. He LOVES bells more than anything in the world. If he hears a bell jingling he gets this real excited look in his eyes it's so cute :)

She's back!

Just posted the evidence in the photo thread.

I'm off upstairs as I can hear her killing something up there now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Looking for a kiddy pool to wash the dog in. parents got the bath redone so no longer allowed wash the dog in it. Anyone have any solutions? Brought the dog to the park today and she is caked in mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Looking for a kiddy pool to wash the dog in. parents got the bath redone so no longer allowed wash the dog in it. Anyone have any solutions? Brought the dog to the park today and she is caked in mud.

Smyths but might have to wait until nearer the summer?

For a quick solution, once it's dry brush/comb out what you can, then get a couple of old towels and a bucket of warm water.Into the water add a squirt of baby shampoo, mix well with hand then dip one towel in bit by bit to dampen. Dampen other towel with clean water.
    Rub dog well, first with shampoo one then just damp one. Blast with hair dryer on warm not hot to speed up drying.

Don't worry baby shampoo is fine for dogs, I use it all the time, recommended by my bigger fellas breeder. It's very mild and will be well diluted, so don't go mad rinsing, it won't harm dog.

Very handy for spot cleaning when you're in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Don't worry baby shampoo is fine for dogs, I use it all the time, recommended by my bigger fellas breeder. It's very mild and will be well diluted, so don't go mad rinsing, it won't harm dog.

Baby shampoo isn't recommended for dogs. At all. Their skin PH is different. For a lot of dogs it's ok, but some dogs have reactions such as dry sore skin, flakes etc. It's also much harder to rinse out of a dogs hair and it is absolutely necessary to rinse properly. It can also be very harsh on dogs eyes believe it or not. It's formulated to be gentle on babys eyes, not dogs.

It might be ok to use in an emergency, like a very smelly dog, but I wouldn't plan to use it and I wouldn't use it regularly.

I'm not suggesting you pour it straight onto the dog, a squirt in a bucket of water would be very dilute, and for a quick rub down it should be fine, unless the dog has very sensitive skin.

My dogs have come home with dryer skin after a visit to the groomers than when I wash them at home.

When washing my dogs properly I use a dog shampoo and conditioner, which I also dilute into a jug of water before washing, the less you use the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

gavmcg92 wrote: »

€5 : http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...DLING+POOL.htm

EDIT - I have a blaster (groomer's dryer) and it blows the muck out as it dries him - he always ends up spotless!

I had the telly on in the backround and was watching must love cats.. I just glanced up from my laptop for a second and got a fright because I thought Cream was somehow on telly! Turns out he has a twin, CC the cat guards the alamo in texas, and she is the spitting image of Cream except she has an extra black dot on her head! http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2008/05/the-alamos-late.html

Thought Bailey had worms earlier...until I took a closer look and realised the worm was actually a caterpiller lol!! :p

tk123 wrote: »
    Thought Bailey had worms earlier...until I took a closer look and realised the worm was actually a caterpiller lol!! :p

Get him some milbemax quick!! Tell the vet your dog has caterpillars they should get a good laugh out of that :P

Get him some milbemax quick!! Tell the vet your dog has caterpillars they should get a good laugh out of that :P

:D he went to the loo on an island of grass surrounded by water and mud so by the time I got to it the local inhabitants were exploring what just landed in their universe lol! :p

I'm extremely exhausted this morning and I've no idea why! Walking out of my bedroom this morning and the cats barely opened an eye to see who was passing then cuddled in together for more sleep. I'm extremely jealous :(

Home sick today and opened all the windows, all are very stiff so if you open them an inch they stay that way....except my daughters new room, in new extension with new windows...that open very easily.
    Toby walked down stairs and rubbed against me, soaking wet, couldn't figure out how so went to investigate, discovered the window wide open, its upstairs and a ditch is quite close to it, he can jump the 1.2m or so up to the window (about 1m between ditch and window also).
    Half hour later I could here knocking at the french doors and discovered a very wet and very scared Mouse!:eek:
    She must have followed him out and couldn't get back up! Poor thing was soaked and desperate to get in, she was knocking a flowerpot against the glass to make noise:o I hadn't heard her bawling to get in.
    She was very scared and purred so loud when I got her in. Other than a quick escape and nosey in the garden, she's never been outside, lets hope it put her off for a while.

Good thing my daughter wasn't home or I'd be in big trouble for child abuse!:eek:(Mouse is her baby, so therefore I am the granny,hence child abuse)

Oh my god! You must have gotten such a fright. Poor mouse.

I did get a fright, we live at the end of a quite lane with just a few houses, and a field opposite, so the older kitties never go far. Neighbours are cat friendly (Toby even has stew for lunch with one every Monday, cheeky sod).
    The only anyway big road has 8ft fencing so its safe, but she's small and almost 6 months and was worried about Tom cats.

No more opening upstairs windows!

• Advertisement

If anybody in the Kildare/Wicklow/Carlow area is interested, there is a recently set up group on facebook. It's to meet up for walks/runs. Some info on canicross. Training info. Recommendations for dog business in the area etc.

Can be found here

:D hehe!

God-damn Lazy dog. If anybody is looking for a couch potato type dog who pretends to be full of energy until you call his bluff. You need a staffy.

I spent day 1 of c25k calling, cajoling, and begging Phoe to please keep up.

I tried c25k in the park in the summer and it didn't work out. I was running around the field in the park in a square..The first few sessions he sat bemused with a stick in the middle of the field while I ran around , next few he'd pooch around and trot beside me say for one side of the square..then on the last park session he decided he'd had enough of it all and went off for a swim - twice lol!! At that stage it was too hot/humid in the morning so I switched to the air conditioned gym lol!! I started back at in November when I finished working again and was doing it most week days - I sprained/hurt something in my foot (dr google diagnosed me with turf toe) so rested up after trying to battle on, week 7 got a cold that went down on to chest and I'm ashamed to say I haven't been back at it since!

haha he's such a character. Heading off for a swim without you :D

I'm hoping I stick with it. Kieran and Harley are miles fitter than the little fella and me, so we've a lot of catching up to do.

You got to week 7. That looks impossible to me at the moment.

My problem is that I have tight calves so my legs would start to crap out where aerobically I could have kept going - even though I do stretches every morning for 9 mins!! I pushed thru it a few times and ended up hobbling around for days so after that if I started to get a twinge I'd have to ease off or stop. It's great though when you do the first 10 min session and feel fine - compared to when you started off and 2 mins was a struggle! The shame - I used to time my gym sessions to watch the soaps at lunchtime lol and read the subtitles! :pac:

Just picked Mouse up from the vets, dropped her in earlier for spay. Poor thing is still half unconscious, so have her bundled up to keep warm and still, will be a night for the fire for her I think.
    Now just have to keep her quiet until she heals....this will be a challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Lexi just ate the skins of about 6spuds. She's a disaster would eat anything!

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Lexi just ate the skins of about 6spuds. She's a disaster would eat anything!

Ah, haha she was making sure she got her fibre in. Does she scavenge or is she just a little opportunist?

Phoenix once swallowed a whole tea-bag :o Literally the only thing I've ever found that he doesn't eat is brie cheese.

• Advertisement

I swear oliver likes tea bags, steals them from the bin. He will eat just about anything, except fruit!
    Bananas he will eat cooked in biscuits and muffins, apple again cooked only, pear he will have a nibble but not keen, kiwis, no way!
    He likes Brie, once he ate samples of cheese my daughter got, one was pickled onion, another chilli and other one cranberry.
    Also ate my lunch today, butternut squash soup with chilli flakes and a bagel!
    Hope he enjoyed it, I was mad as hell! Got the "but I thought you left it on the side table just for me!" face, with the eyes....couldn't stay mad.

Daughter and her friends walked all the dogs for 2 hours today, I had to collect them as they walk too far and it was getting dark(walked along river, not safe to walk in dark) the stink on the way home was awful, all 4 dogs rolled in something!
    My two are currently snoring after a wash and blow dry. Thank god!
    Poor mouse is still very wobbly, trying to keep her still, she's snoozing with dogs at the mo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement