Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Some people just don give a crap for their dog and seem to like to flaunt the fact they feel like that.

While anybody can pump out puppies rescues are fighting a loosing battle because the sad fact is not enough people care. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yep - tell me what I want to hear and if you don't agree with me I'm being bullied :mad:

Sure there's a guy in our park who bred his JRT when she was 5 or 6 months old with his intact male and flaunted the fact. My friend asked him did he have a vet on-call when the pups were due "I've done this before I don't need a vet, besides I'm not working"...next he was carrying the pups around the park when they were too young to have been vaccinated by a vet. Makes my blood boil. This is the same w@nker who's dog snapped Bailey when he was a pup and made him terrified of other dogs for years - "I did you a favour because an Alsation would have ripped him apart"... Eh no any other owner would have either warned me or called their dog back. Teehehehe he avoids us big time now and that's how we like it - Bailey stood up to his dog one day growling and making vicious faces at him and the guy got afraid and called the dog back haha! My friend cheered when it happened :p

Anyways in other news Bailey was puking all over the place yesterday and Lucy today!! I assumed it was mackerel I gave them that didn't agree with Bailey but Lucy was fine every time she had it so gave her the last of it this morning and a txt to say it had come back up. The washing machine will blow up at this rate! :p

Ah no poor guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Had nocturnal visits from all 4 of our cats in the early hours, must be the moon. Toby was on the bed with me until after 4, then I woke up from a nightmare and Poppy was sitting on my chest watching me. She toddled off when I woke up. Felix was trying to come in but I heard her chase him at the top of the stairs:rolleyes:, and then Jazzy decided that he was going to come to bed after his breakfast.

He spent most of the day in bed with my husband, I think they love it when he's on nights as there's always one of us in bed to snuggle with:)

That's funny because the dogs have been up during the night too. Lucy has taken to sleeping on the end of my bed above Bailey's bed on the floor under the window.. During the night I hear him get up and lie on the floor and realize that Lucy is in his bed - I'm not sure if she's jumping down into it or falling off the end of the bed lol!!! :pac: Once she jumps back onto my bed he goes back to his own bed so I know he's not leaving his because he's too warm etc - he's being forced out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

For the most part Roisins very good at not chewing everything in sight, but in the past 2 m mornings she's bitten right through two phone chargers :-(

For the most part Roisins very good at not chewing everything in sight, but in the past 2 m mornings she's bitten right through two phone chargers :-(

Do you have anything for her to chew? Puppy nylabones are great for them.

tk123 wrote: »
    Do you have anything for her to chew? Puppy nylabones are great for them.

She's spoilt for things to chew, the phone chargers are the only things she's gotten that she wasn't supposed to. Poppy was far worse, she ate the electric blanket in the middle of winter :pac:

Actually I meant to post the last day, we took Ro to the vets for her microchip and they registered it online then and there for us which I was very impressed by. I've registered Poppy and Cinnamon myself but I know a lot of animals turn up straying with microchips not registered proving it all pointless. I hope this becomes the norm across vets.

Whispered wrote: »
    Ah no poor guys!

Sick my eye! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Sick my eye! :rolleyes:

Emergency vet for them!!

She's after getting so big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

He spent most of the day in bed with my husband, I think they love it when he's on nights as there's always one of us in bed to snuggle with:)

Bunty does be thoroughly disgusted when everyone gets up early and she has no one to lie in bed with :P Jesse's too young yet to get the concept of a lie in, thankfully she doesn't sleep in the bedroom anymore but when she did it was 5 and 6am starts for everyone in her opinion :rolleyes:

Does anyone else have a cat that pants? :confused: Jesse pants with her tongue out like a dog after a particularly energetic play session, sprawls out like a dog too when she's too warm. Come to think of it she fetches toys too. I may just have a rare cat/dog hybrid, damn it why did I spay her, those kups would've sold for a pretty penny :P

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Bunty does be thoroughly disgusted when everyone gets up early and she has no one to lie in bed with :P Jesse's too young yet to get the concept of a lie in, thankfully she doesn't sleep in the bedroom anymore but when she did it was 5 and 6am starts for everyone in her opinion :rolleyes:

Does anyone else have a cat that pants? :confused: Jesse pants with her tongue out like a dog after a particularly energetic play session, sprawls out like a dog too when she's too warm. Come to think of it she fetches toys too. I may just have a rare cat/dog hybrid, damn it why did I spay her, those kups would've sold for a pretty penny :P
    I get no privacy, I get up to go to the loo and Toby or Jazzy, whichever of the 2 is on our bed follows me, then they come back and jump in the middle of the back of my knees. If I was to do it 10 times they'd do the same thing.

None of ours pant but Jazzy had a couple of teeth out and every now and again the tip of his tongue pokes out. His mouth looks lopsided, very cute though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Zapperzy wrote: »

Dude always pants too, especially after a good session with the DaBird toy. I was worried the first couple of times it happened but the vet said he's grand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Dude always pants too, especially after a good session with the DaBird toy. I was worried the first couple of times it happened but the vet said he's grand!!

I was worried too, I think it's just one of those quirks some cats have! Open mouth breathing in cats normally rings alarm bells for me :D

Pumpkinseeds, I don't know what it is about cats and toilets but both of ours like to watch me too. Bunty will sit on your knees usually yet howl at me if I watch her on her litter tray :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Brought Kayla to the vet last night as she has something irritating her paw- while I was there, I asked them to express her glands and the vet felt something he wasn't happy about. I have to take her in for sedation tomorrow so they can see what it is, but the word tumour was mentioned :(

Fingers crossed it's just a cyst or something :(

I wouldn't normally be so worried before I know anything, but my best friend's dog has terminal cancer and she and I have an awful habit of having the same stuff happening in our lives, side by side.

So, yeah, tumour. Operation tomorrow. At least we appear to have caught it early, and it appears to be very well defined

Oh god :( Hope she's ok tomorrow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Fingers and paws crossed here for you for tomorrow

Thanks guys. The vet seems optimistic, and I'm delighted I took her in for something tiny initially and just mentioned the anal glands to the vet as an afterthought. I don't THINK there'll be any nasty complications, but she is approaching 11 years old so you never know- it's a lot to put her through.

Although she was in flying form last night, not a bother on her- just delighted to be able to stuff her face full of rice and chicken. She even raided the bin she was that hungry :P Have to fast her from this evening again, it's horrible looking at hungry cocker spaniel face!

Thank god you got there early. Delighted your vet is optimistic. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Fingers and paws crossed here as well Raminahobbin.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Good luck to Kayla from me too Raminahobbin, great to have caught it early.
    Please let us know as soon as you're able how she gets on :-)

I kept thinking I heard a cat meowing from time to time this week and I'd think it was Poppy and go check where she was only to find her sound asleep. Was beginning to think I was imagining it and mentioned it to my husband last night.

I heard him talking to someone last night when he was letting Felix out the front door and lo and behold there's a new neighbourhood tabby. Must be a girl as Felix didn't attack it, although once I started talking to her he took off in a half hearted chase. Puss is in immaculate condition so definitely belongs to someone. Jazzy appeared in the catflap a minute later so I'm guessing she's a friend of his:)

It would appear the surgery went well, but they're keeping her in overnight so they can pump her full of morphine. Anyone I've spoken to in the past who's had it says morphine kicks ass and they love it, so at least she won't be stressed all night...right??

Poor pooch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Not had it myself, but daughter did and she was very calm and happy, and pain free, while on it, so she'll be fine for the night.
    Glad things went well, hope she's home for cuddles soon.

I've had it and was zonked out/asleep :p Hope she's back on form soon! ...Come to think of it Bailey had it one time and was really relaxed...When we went down to Cork the first time about his legs he was terrified of the vet so he gave him a shot of morphine to relax him - he didn't want to muzzle/restrain him and make him have a bad experience because he'd be coming back for surgery. We had to walk him around for 10 mins until it kicked in - he told us not to go too far so we wouldn't have to carry him back and that we'd know when it was kicking it. We did - he was fine one min then his legs were all out of time with each other the next lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I've had morphine before after getting my tonsils out, it's a miracle drug, she won't feel a thing! It was like floating a happy cloud :) Glad to hear it all went well :)

Ah brilliant, thanks guys :) I feel much much better knowing she's not going to be stressed! I'll be waiting on the doorstep when the vets opens in the morning so she doesn't have to spend a minute longer than necessary there.

Thank you all for the well wishes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

GREAT that the surgery went well. The morphine will definately have her zonked overnight, so she wont know a thing. You will have to spoil her rotten when you get her home, so that she forgives you :D (one of my dogs sulks for hours! and yes, I do know that technically dogs dont sulk!)

Make sure to write a list of questions so that you dont forget to ask anything you need to know - wound care, meds, exercise (or not), special instructions, what to avoid etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

aonb wrote: »
    (one of my dogs sulks for hours! and yes, I do know that technically dogs dont sulk!)c

This made me chuckle! I still remember my first dog as a child, her name was rusty ( we named our rusty after her!).
    She came back from the vets after being spayed and promptly went down the garden, laid under one of the bushes and refused to have anything to do with any of us for the day!! If that's not sulking I don't know what is:-D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement