Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mobile menu

• 23-10-2014 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭

HI,
    My site is http://photoblog.ie and I don't like the menu on mobile. It's too big and takes up too much space. I'd prefer the 'standard' menu- small, in top right hand corner.
    Vaguely similar to this-
    Menu-Button-Macys.png

My site is on Wordpress. Just wondering is it a big job for a developer or a straight forward, simple work?
    Thanks
    Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Pretty straightforward job. If the template is clean then it could be done in an hour. If I were you, I'd just use Foundation Top Bar and remove your existing one:

http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/topbar.html

(Resize the window until you see the small menu icon).

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think that you could achieve much of the desired layout with some CSS changes e.g. make logo smaller.

Aside from that your Google Analytics ID is visible on the page on smaller browsers. It is in white on the top left of the page: UA-19507737-1
    This is pushing the logo downwards and this is not helping things.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 benny306

Someone mentioned foundation topbar which looks quite handy. I have used twitter bootstrap a couple times and it also serves this purpose as well. Check out a couple quick tutorials on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

t1mm wrote: »
    Pretty straightforward job. If the template is clean then it could be done in an hour. If I were you, I'd just use Foundation Top Bar and remove your existing one:
    The Foundation (or Bootstrap) CSS might conflict with the existing CSS and make the process less straightforward.

Advertisement