Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Dev projects you regret not finishing?

Options
  • 21-10-2014 7:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭

Do you regret not finishing any of your development projects? For me personally my biggest regret is not finishing an online store and a CMS. I know they've both been don't to death and there's source code widely available but it would've been a good achievement.
    What are your biggest regrets?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

An Irish tourism portal. In 1995.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Did it have a dancing Jesus?

Saipanne wrote: »
    Did it have a dancing Jesus?
    Who cares? I would have owned a good chunk of it and I would have almost certainly sold it for a fortune by 2000. Funding stalled at the last moment on the basis that "we don't know if this Internet thing is going to last" (actual reason given).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Who cares? I would have owned a good chunk of it and I would have almost certainly sold it for a fortune by 2000. Funding stalled at the last moment on the basis that "we don't know if this Internet thing is going to last" (actual reason given).

Where are they now?

• Advertisement

Saipanne wrote: »
    Where are they now?
    The would-be investment partner went bankrupt around 2003 ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭IDencI

What do you mean by a tourism portal?

IDencI wrote: »
    What do you mean by a tourism portal?
    Tourism resources and directory; events, accommodation, attractions, etc. It would have been very basic by today's standards, but there literally was nothing out there at the time. Even Bord Failte had nothing up (at least the year before when I approached them).

AFAIR, it employed frames... frames were all the rage back then... :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭IDencI

Tourism resources and directory; events, accommodation, attractions, etc. It would have been very basic by today's standards, but there literally was nothing out there at the time. Even Bord Failte had nothing up (at least the year before when I approached them).

AFAIR, it employed frames... frames were all the rage back then... 

Any reason why you didn't finish it?

IDencI wrote: »
    Any reason why you didn't finish it?
    I gave the principle one already, if you care to read my posts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement