Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

el diablo wrote: »
    It's not a real whale's penis.

One of those would barely fit in the boot of an Octavia

eth0 wrote: »
    One of those would barely fit in the boot of an Octavia

You'd see bigger l@ngers than that in an Octavia :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

rob180 wrote: »
    Here's a pic of my car and my dog Jack adding the wet look to my tyre. Little fecker:mad:. This pic was taken at Sept last. Spend 4hrs detailing her. She needs a major wash again now.

Is that rathmullan?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

rob180 wrote: »
    Here's a pic of my car and my dog Jack adding the wet look to my tyre. Little fecker:mad:. This pic was taken at Sept last. Spend 4hrs detailing her. She needs a major wash again now.

God id love an opc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

RoverJames wrote: »
    You'd see bigger l@ngers than that in an Octavia :pac:

Lol i'm hungover and giddy, that made me laugh :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

My e46 coupe.

photohtl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

With the last pic being an E46 coupe, it seems an apt time to post a better picture of mine which I purchased last month. I had hoped to give it a good clean today for pics, but the weather told me otherwise, hence the one rain soaked image:

191467.jpg

I have to say, I'm absolutely loving it. There is some great info out on the web about sorting stuff and I like to give something a go if I think I can. So far I have sorted some really slow retracting seatbelts, a sticky accelerator and I fixed the washer jets that were barely touching the window. I have to get a window rocker switch on eBay as one of the rear ones has had the smallest bit of plastic broken off in the button, so a very easy fix.

There is defo a service history that I am trying to track down, with the display indicating a service in 6k miles and a service sticker with a next service date, but no indicator of where from. I hope to get some info though that will point me in the right direction.

To think such driving pleasure can be obtained for such little money is amazing. She is running 100%, not a single issue, and the bodywork is pristine. Here's to many more happy miles :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

delly wrote: »
    With the last pic being an E46 coupe, it seems an apt time to post a better picture of mine which I purchased last month. I had hoped to give it a good clean today for pics, but the weather told me otherwise, hence the one rain soaked image:

191467.jpg

I have to say, I'm absolutely loving it. There is some great info out on the web about sorting stuff and I like to give something a go if I think I can. So far I have sorted some really slow retracting seatbelts, a sticky accelerator and I fixed the washer jets that were barely touching the window. I have to get a window rocker switch on eBay as one of the rear ones has had the smallest bit of plastic broken off in the button, so a very easy fix.

There is defo a service history that I am trying to track down, with the display indicating a service in 6k miles and a service sticker with a next service date, but no indicator of where from. I hope to get some info though that will point me in the right direction.

To think such driving pleasure can be obtained for such little money is amazing. She is running 100%, not a single issue, and the bodywork is pristine. Here's to many more happy miles :).

Your rear springs are broken......:eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Your not the first to say that, but I've been checking out other models of the same era and a lot of them seem to be low at the back, but the e46 of the era is known for weak ones. It is level both sides and I would assume that if the springs were bust that it would be noticeable when driving as the ride is smooth.

Your not the first to say that, but I've been checking out other models of the same era and a lot of them seem to be low at the back, but the e46 of the era is known for weak ones. It is level both sides and I would assume that if the springs were bust that it would be noticeable when driving as the ride is smooth.

Thats because most e46's have broken rear springs :eek: Very few people ever notice any handling issues.

Trust me, it shouldn't be sitting that low on good factory springs.

Not a big issue though, don't let it spoil the new car..

• Advertisement

Feck it anyway. Well if it handles this well with knackered springs, then it can only be better with replacements, that's the glass half full approach :). What would be the cost of sorting as a matter of interest?

Feck it anyway. Well if it handles this well with knackered springs, then it can only be better with replacements, that's the glass half full approach :). What would be the cost of sorting as a matter of interest?

For good quality springs, between €150 - €200 fitted I think.

That 'aint to bad to rectify then, I could be heading for Drumcondra soon enough ;). Now to give the boss the news, but I'll put a positive spin on it and say there's a very good reason why she has been struggling to pull herself out of the car, it being so low, and there is something we can do to help rectify it.
    Thanks for the head up :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Thats because most e46's have broken rear springs :eek: Very few people ever notice any handling issues.

This. I had a broken rear spring on the offside rear for over a year without noticing until I was replacing some bushes at the back I noticed that a whole coil had broke off the spring! Car still sat level though!:confused:

Anyway I got a set of Eibach springs and it handles a dream now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Duff wrote: »
    This. I had a broken rear spring on the offside rear for over a year without noticing until I was replacing some bushes at the back I noticed that a whole coil had broke off the spring! Car still sat level though!:confused:

Anyway I got a set of Eibach springs and it handles a dream now.

Ya the Eibach kit seems to be the job and it makes the car look a lot better too..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,463 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Right, not great pics but will be getting to work on tidying it up over the next few weeks, or if I ever get time...

1znolz5.jpg

dcdaig.jpg

525i?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ND is right, a LOT of them do have broken or cracked at the least springs.

This is how low mine was at the rear with Eibach lowering springs fitted and two people in the back

photo12.jpg

Safe to say, yours shouldn't be as low as that!
    For good quality springs, between €150 - €200 fitted I think.

Eibach pro kit (which is what you should go for if looking for a decent replacement tbh) is £125 from dcperformance. Myself and Conzymaher fitted them ourselves, and tbh the rear springs are piss easy, the fronts are the only difficult ones, and that was because of our very un-safe spring clamps and my broken shock. Fitting could nearly cost you >€100 depending on where does it.

Now, I can't go and let the chain of BMW's be broken so...

My e46 coupe a while back
    photo11_1.jpg

And how it's sitting this week after last weekends quick wash

photo6_2.jpg

It's also a before/after (left/right) on a quick headlight polish with SRP

photo7_3.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,463 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

525i?

520i MSport.

Interior needs a thorough going over (I'll do that), accelerator pedal needs to be replaced sooner rather than later (I have someone to sort that) and I should probably purchase some tax.

Apart from that, everything's working perfectly and it's NCT'd up until January next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Mein 'tegra. :D

fy3ns0.jpg

• Advertisement

you need to bring that to the meet!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

28687b1f.jpg
    424515_3000163840322_1149074655_32617295_975746918_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Just got my new Summer wheels on finally. 18" AEZ Ares, 10" wide allround. 245-45 stretched. Some moderate arguing debating with the tyre place to even try them on (thought they wouldnt fit).

Uberfelt? (looking at you EPM)

IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpgIMG_0234.jpg
    More:
    th_IMG_0233.jpgth_IMG_0236.jpg

Next Week(s):
    • FK Coilovers
    • Tierod ends
    • Replace Flowmaster POS exhaust with Magnaflow

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Aplogies Matt but I think you've destroyed the look of the car by doing that.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Aplogies Matt but I think you've destroyed the look of the car by doing that.
    Indeed, that was part of the debate earlier. He did concede however, once on and infront of him, that "they look at lot better than I thought". :P
    But no worries my taste has been challenged before (um frequently), I dont do the sleeper look, I prefer balls to the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

For me it's just the chrome that I don't like. Other than that, very nice bus I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Johntegr wrote: »
    For me it's just the chrome that I don't like. Other than that, very nice bus I think.

But the mirrors define an S8 from an A8...

Johntegr wrote: »
    There is no chrome?! I hate chrome (on the wheels or mirrors). Maybe the camera might suggest it, but thats just regular (but shiny) alloy metal colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Indeed, that was part of the debate earlier. He did concede however, once on and infront of him, that "they look at lot better than I thought". :P
    But no worries my taste has been challenged before (um frequently), I dont do the sleeper look, I prefer balls to the wall.

I love the S8, don't have the balls to own one though as my mechanic told me I could find a new friend if I bought one. I think the D2 has infintely more presence than the D3 but like most Audis they look sh1te when pimped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SOSTECH

IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0109-1.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement