Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ace Recycling Bin collection

• 07-01-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Anybody used this crowd? Are they really ace? I want to finish with Oxigen as they don't do tags and we only need our bins empyting once a month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭WildIrishRose

Yeah, they have being reliable for me.. Like yourself i dont need the bin emptied every week.. Tag's can be bought for €16 in a few place around town, the avenue road etc... I think you pay €80 for the bin and to register.. Other than that, no more bills...

Good choice leaving Oxygen...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

We switched and now we find them far better value than Oxigen. Nicer bunch of people too, in my experience.

Oh and we don't buy tags, we have a bill with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭noels little bu

i am with them also and i find them very good. you can get a large or small bin. the large one was 50 euro and the tags cost 16. the tags for the small bin are 8 euro. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Kareem Modern Lavatory

I have been with them since they started and they are wonderful. The service is prompt and efficient. Nice people to deal with too. I save over €200 a year against Oxigen. They now do a €5 recycling tag which saves me loading the car to go to the re-cycling plant every month. Their bin takes more than twice what I could fit in the car and I don't have the €2 charge at the recycling plant.
    Yes. Great company. Great value. Fullest prise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Does somebody have contact details for them? (phone number address etc.) I cant find them online in the phonebook! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Bard wrote: »
    We switched and now we find them far better value than Oxigen. Nicer bunch of people too, in my experience.

Oh and we don't buy tags, we have a bill with them...

Getting tired of oxigen and their standing charge caper; how does billing work?
    What about bins? Do Ace provide black and green/brown or is it worked differently?

Found some details for Ace if anyone is interested in contacting them! (Hopefully it's the right Ace!)

This is from the Monaghan Online Business Directory pages:

http://www.monaghanonline.ie/items.php?id=690

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Wertz wrote: »
    Getting tired of oxigen and their standing charge caper; how does billing work?
    What about bins? Do Ace provide black and green/brown or is it worked differently?

They direct debit you €30 per month. There's no recycling bin, just the one (red) one.

Just after ringing them about prices. For a regular collection service its €360 per year for a large bin and €240 for a small bin. For the tags service you pay €50 for a bin and then the tags are €16 for a large bin tag and €8 for a small bin tag. (As in post number 4 above.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Kareem Modern Lavatory

Bard wrote: »
    They direct debit you €30 per month. There's no recycling bin, just the one (red) one.

They do a re-cycling bin at €5 per tag with a monthly collection. The bin takes a lot more than 2 trips by car to the re-cycling centre that then charges me €2 admission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Wertz wrote:
    Getting tired of oxigen and their standing charge

Oxigen are a pack of f**king Cowboy Gangsters!!, Just got their bill this morning. How can they justify a fuel surcharge when the wholsale price of fuel has fallen by almost 70% in the last year and the economy is in negative growth!!!

Definitly gonna look into switching to Ace!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

Switched to Ace towards end of last year.......was soooo glad to move over from that other crowd.........A really nice company to deal with, only thing i will say.....make damn sure you have your bin out the night before......the collect mine just after 6 in the morning!
    The other company really need to get up to speed with their customer care......twice i filled in the forms to pay them by direct debit...twice they 'didnt' receive them......baring in mind one time i filled them in in the office and handed them directly back to the person behind the desk!!!!
    All this only to receive a bill not 3 months, not 6 months but 9 months later saying that i hadnt been paying them.

So far so good with Ace...I have a DD with them.....really nice guy came out to the house and i filled in the form.....it was all set up promptly and easily.
    I'd defo recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭positron

KBarry, thank you for bringing this up. I am with Panda (didn't have a choice when they changed from tag system to subscription), but I am always looking for 'pay per lift' type service as I only need my black bin emptied once in six to eight weeks or so..! I guess I will be talking to Ace in a few months time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭noels little bu

with ace you get the orange bin 4 your rubbish with is 20 euro to empty and a blue bin for recycling which is emptied every 3 weeks..i think that is 10 euro per empty...i hope that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks binman - I my last post in this thread in March, I have switched from Panda to to TagABin as they offer tag service.

Advertisement