Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Looking at flights at the moment. Yesterday I found a decent one Thursday to Tuesday with BA for 531 on skyscanner. When I click into it its coming to 650 on the site. Anyone have any idea of the cheapest flight's and what site to use?

Might as well give away my secret as I most likely won't make this.

If you're looking for a bargain and don't mind a 'trip' on your journey. Flights to and from Las Vegas from Copenhagen are €382 (Use Norwegian.com).

2 hour flights to Copenhagen from Dublin on the 7th and back on the 16th are €66 with Ryanair. Few handy places on Airbnb near the MGM and discount codes for hotel apps etc. to continue the saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Could I ask how/where you booked that? Thanks !

Expedia.ie

15 hour lay over in Philadephia on the return but possibly a chance to see Philly for the day as flight lands at 6am and your Dublin one departs at 9pm.

It won't suit everyone but that's how i managed that price.

I posted the picture below with all the details. :)

azdqm8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

shocksy wrote: »
    Expedia.ie

15 hour lay over in Philadephia on the return but possibly a chance to see Philly for the day as flight lands at 6am and your Dublin one departs at 9pm.

It won't suit everyone but that's how i managed that price.

I posted the picture below with all the details. :)

azdqm8.png

Stratosphere is right at the end of the strip - you're better off paying the extra to stay in Mgm as you'll be paying it in cab fares anyway . I priced the mgm for 4 nights and flights for €670 yesterday on ebookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Great thank you! will have a look at that myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Unlucky with getting the Strat in on that deal. It's absolutely miles away from anything and not a nice area.

I found flights and accommodation at New York New York for €732 for 6 nights (travelling from Malta so it might be cheaper for you guys from Dublin)

• Advertisement

I haven't booked anything yet, I was just pricing things up, I won't be booking anthing until I get a ticket, not taking a chance on it without a guaranteed ticket.

Preferably I'll be picking a flight with pre-clearance in Dublin as going through their Border Protection is a f*cking nightmare when you arrive after a long flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

I booked a Deluxe Queen room with two Queen beds in the MGM for 5 nights and only came to €561. So your talking €280 each for myself and a mate for 5 nights for a double bed each.

Trying to get a flight now for <€620 which would be a nice total of <€900.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

You can book hotels with free cancellation anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

I booked a Deluxe Queen room with two Queen beds in the MGM for 5 nights and only came to €561. So your talking €280 each for myself and a mate for 5 nights for a double bed each.

Trying to get a flight now for <€620 which would be a nice total of <€900.

Didn't waste too much time. Booked with BA. Both journeys <15 hours. Arriving in Vegas Thursday at 18:30 and arriving home in Dublin Wednesday 17:30. Just over €670.

Be carful if you are going with BA as our returning flight was flying into Heathrow but connecting was in Gatwick, cost an extra 10r to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Don't forget when booking your hotel room- book the cheapest and most basic (also look for deals on "no resort fees"), then with all the confidence in this glorious world, at the hotel check-in desk, do the $20/$50 dollar sandwich for an upgrade.

The sandwich works best in December as it is the quietest time of year in Vegas.

Hope everybody enjoys themselves.

On a side note, I didn't get the same buzz at this announcement as I did when the July fight was originally announced. Anybody else feel that way? Maybe I'm just apprehensive until fight week itself that the fight might not go ahead as billed. Fingers-crossed it all works out though.

I am going to wait and go to UFC 200, July 2nd 2016

P.S. Conor finishes him in two rounds (not bashing Aldo, just my opinion)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 karlgibs

When and where do tickets normally go on sale ? I see ticketmaster US has previous events. I am wondering if it is better to get tickets before booking flights or are you normally guaranteed to get tickets ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

karlgibs wrote: »
    When and where do tickets normally go on sale ? I see ticketmaster US has previous events. I am wondering if it is better to get tickets before booking flights or are you normally guaranteed to get tickets ?

The fact that its 2 weeks before xmas and so close to the last fight in Vegas i think it will be easier to get tickets this time.

Judging by my timeline on facebook there isnt as many people i know going and not as many people are talking about it.

It will gather momentum obvsiouly but after what happened with Aldo the last time it is to be expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Aldo Insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I see on Facebook KT Travel in Dundalk are doing flights (Dub, JFK, Vegas) 4 nights in the MGM Grand for €725 PP. Says places are limited but €100 reserves your place.

https://facebook.com/kttravel.ie/photos/a.1557160947860207.1073741826.1557160891193546/1625947174314917/?type=1&source=48

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭sjb25

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    I see on Facebook KT Travel in Dundalk are doing flights (Dub, JFK, Vegas) 4 nights in the MGM Grand for €725 PP. Says places are limited but €100 reserves your place.

https://facebook.com/kttravel.ie/photos/a.1557160947860207.1073741826.1557160891193546/1625947174314917/?type=1&source=48

Very good deals it seems now weather or not to bring it up with the boss flowers and chocolates on the way home ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Thud

TheNap wrote: »
    The fact that its 2 weeks before xmas and so close to the last fight in Vegas i think it will be easier to get tickets this time.

Judging by my timeline on facebook there isnt as many people i know going and not as many people are talking about it.

It will gather momentum obvsiouly but after what happened with Aldo the last time it is to be expected.

Vegas in December is off peak and not really the same as in the summer, was at a conference there years ago and it just not the same as when its hot and buzzing, no pool parties etc...

Average temp is 8 degrees
    http://www.holiday-weather.com/las_vegas/averages/december/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Someone on here popped up a map of the mgm arena with seat prices for ufc 189. Does anyone have a link to it?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

I'm kinda new to mma, Is it not strange McGregor or Aldo hasn't mentioned it yet? No twitter or interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,183 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Saipanne wrote: »
    Someone on here popped up a map of the mgm arena with seat prices for ufc 189. Does anyone have a link to it?

Thanks

That was me, but on holiday at the minute. Have a search of posts be me in the 189 thread if that makes it easier to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Vegas is freezing in December. Bring a jacket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That was me, but on holiday at the minute. Have a search of posts be me in the 189 thread if that makes it easier to find.

Still have it from last time you hooked me up with it :cool:

6asrx6K.png

Ah he was very good to me when I was sick a couple of years back, so I owe the big bugger ;)

**** all wrong with that mate fair play to ye. :)

but did you not get all my cards??? trip to vegas??? ha ha ha

in seriousness though, that's a great thing to do and also disclose. mad props!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Put 100 away for 18 weeks! Then when ye get over there your paid 400!

Vegas is do able

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ah he was very good to me when I was sick a couple of years back, so I owe the big bugger ;)

Ahh nice one fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

So we're looking at bare minimum these tickets are going to be 250 dollars for the seats in the clouds?

How easy was it for anyone who went to 189 to get tickets (first hand)???

How many of the 16,000 actually get released to the public?

Really want to go. I've hotel booked but I'm petrified of pulling trigger on flights as I won't get money back if I don't get a ticket and I'll never afford a second market one.

Deadst4r wrote: »
    So we're looking at bare minimum these tickets are going to be 250 dollars for the seats in the clouds?

How easy was it for anyone who went to 189 to get tickets (first hand)???

How many of the 16,000 actually get released to the public?

Really want to go. I've hotel booked but I'm petrified of pulling trigger on flights as I won't get money back if I don't get a ticket and I'll never afford a second market one.

Some of those prices were pumped up by the UFC afterwards, the lowest price ticket for the Aldo Vs McGregor fight when they went onsale were $128 as far as I know.

shocksy wrote: »
    Some of those prices were pumped up by the UFC afterwards, the lowest price ticket for the Aldo Vs McGregor fight when they went onsale were $128 as far as I know.

Thanks for the info!
    Do they release them in batches so they can bump prices after they have judged interest?

I think i seen 128 dollars earlier for ufc189 but I think I also read they add ridiculous booking fees. Like 50 dollars per ticket or something. Plus this fight is bound to have initial higher costs than ufc 189 due to more hype. Or maybe I'm making all this up and there's no point speculating until it's announced.

How bad are the cloud seats in MGM grand? Are the fighters like ants?

Thanks for the info!
    Do they release them in batches so they can bump prices after they have judged interest?

I think i seen 128 dollars earlier for ufc189 but I think I also read they add ridiculous booking fees. Like 50 dollars per ticket or something. Plus this fight is bound to have initial higher costs than ufc 189 due to more hype. Or maybe I'm making all this up and there's no point speculating until it's announced.

How bad are the cloud seats in MGM grand? Are the fighters like ants?

I think some people returned tickets when Aldo backed out, and I think the UFC charged more for the tickets when putting them back on sale. (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong)

They are on the upper tier of the arena so you won't see much in great detail and will be relying on the big screens. Booking fees are rediculous but not $50 worth, not for the cheapest tickets anyway. :)

Cheers guys.

To the people who have already booked flights, how confident are you that you will get a ticket first day? And if you're not, how much are you expecting to have to pay second hand?

Sorry for the twenty questions, I just have no idea of how likely I am to get a ticket.

• Advertisement

Cheers guys.

To the people who have already booked flights, how confident are you that you will get a ticket first day? And if you're not, how much are you expecting to have to pay second hand?

Sorry for the twenty questions, I just have no idea of how likely I am to get a ticket.

Your best chance of trying to get a ticket is Join UFC Fight Club, because again the tickets reach general sale it will be almost impossible to get a ticket, but in saying that, Fight Club doesn't guarantee you will get a ticket either, it just means you get first access to a presale.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement