Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TUF 22 - Europe vs USA (McGregor & Faber coaching)**Contains Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

darced wrote: »
    I cant see it being decided that Conor would sit out for 6 months and stay on in Vegas for two months all in 24 hours,maybe I'm being too cynical.

Ok. What if this was decided weeks ago, but, the run in with Faber was real.

Impossible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Highly unlikely,if it was decided weeks ago nothing would convince me it was not a set up especially with Faber getting lots of screen time on embedded.

Its seriously annoying that Conor is not going to fight till January and we have to watch this circus instead.

But we've known about his new potential knee issue for several weeks now. So it was likely going to require attention after the fight. No? Not convinced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

You don't have to watch anything. Take off the tinfoil hat there like a good lad. There were crews following them about the place and the UFC might have asked Conor already, but either way, the UFC isn't out to set us all up or dupe us into watching anything. Watch it,or f**king don't!

Christ, people will really complain about just about anything these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I'd like to see tom Egan on it

He would never make lightweight

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I'm no one's lapdog, but the amount of people saying this is a fix, that's a fix, left right and center - calling into question the fact that kicks to the body hurts, then thinking there's some conspiracy going on about a chance encounter at the weigh ins - is just terribly annoying at this stage. Dya think the moon landings were staged as well, yeah?

You say we 'HAVE' to watch this circus until January. NO ONE is forcing you to watch anything. If you don't like it, don't tune in. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Richy06 wrote: »
    I'm no one's lapdog, but the amount of people saying this is a fix, that's a fix, left right and center - calling into question the fact that kicks to the body hurts, then thinking there's some conspiracy going on about a chance encounter at the weigh ins - is just terribly annoying at this stage. Dya think the moon landings were staged as well, yeah?

You say we 'HAVE' to watch this circus until January. NO ONE is forcing you to watch anything. If you don't like it, don't tune in. Simple.

I think you have the wrong thread...

Fixing fights? no chance. Staging drama? Absolutely. Why even compare the two?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

He would never make lightweight

Ah he would easily make it. He should have never fought middleweight. He wasnt that big of a welterweight either

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Howyanow50

I hope Conor batters Faber for calling us Irish men ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Americans are freaking out over this, they either complaining Champions should not be coaches on TUF (which I agree with tbh)

Other complaint is UFC is milking Conor too much people will get sick of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

People who think that was staged, I highly doubt it.

TJ Dillashaw said in a podcast ages ago that Faber and Conor had beef from the first time they met. There were words at the after party of the Porier fight, mostly light hearted. Faber came up behind Conor while he was talking to one of the Fertitta's and put his hands around his hips like he was gonna take him down jokingly. Conor flipped and spun around in fighting stance saying that he'd kill him if he touched him again. The animosity between them is definitely real IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

Saipanne wrote: »
    They were filming for the embedded series, a crew were with Mendes too.

Exactly

Ah he would easily make it. He should have never fought middleweight. He wasnt that big of a welterweight either

Have you seen the size of him lately? He is much bigger with a lower body fat %

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Have you seen the size of him lately? He is much bigger with a lower body fat %

To be fair I haven't laid eyes on him in 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Tom Egan would be far to big for TUF 22. Like everyone else He'd have to keep himself within cutting range of 155 the whole time he is in there and be ready for the cut with little or no prior notice. Not easy for a man his size when a lot of guys are moving up a weight class to get in the house.

Wishful thinking guys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I seriously don't get the hate for Faber. Personally, I think himself and JDS are the nicest people to sit on the UFC roster.

From back in WEC too he hasn't changed at all. Yea he has an arse for a chin but that doesn't make him a [insert all the names he's been called across the MMA forum these past few weeks].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I seriously don't get the hate for Faber. Personally, I think himself and JDS are the nicest people to sit on the UFC roster.

From back in WEC too he hasn't changed at all. Yea he has an arse for a chin but that doesn't make him a [insert all the names he's been called across the MMA forum these past few weeks].

I really want to like the Faber but I just can't, I don't know what it is about the guy. He came across as such an a$s in the Embedded series. Compare that to Mendes who came across as a really good guy in the same Embedded series.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭paulieeye

I kinda agree. Clearly its not a fixed fight, so wont even entertain that.

But when the TUF series was announced I thought it strange that the altercation was so front and centre just days before. Might not of even been that planned..."ok conor if u could maybe just pat him on the head a little next time u see him...that would be great!"

then again, maybe not..perhaps just a happy coincidence for the UFC...dafuq do I know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

This will bring a massive boost to the tuf show. I thought it was going to die a few seasons back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I really want to like the Faber but I just can't, I don't know what it is about the guy. He came across as such an a$s in the Embedded series. Compare that to Mendes who came across as a really good guy in the same Embedded series.

I struggle to see where and how he came across badly..?

Each to their own though I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I'd imagine the back and fourth with McGregor and Faber will be funny. Faber must really hate McGregor now seeing as Alpha Male are 2-8 in Title Fights in the UFC, 0-8 taking out Dillashaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

What are the chances of this season being on 3 or 3e? Slim I would assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Kind of excited about this after listening to the Faber MMA hour interview, he knows it is going to be good fun and is looking forward to the craziness of it all. It seems the UFC back up plan if Conor lost was to have these 2 fight after TUF, which was really smart that fight would have been huge and kept the profile high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I struggle to see where and how he came across badly..?

Each to their own though I guess

Just listened to Faber on the MMA hour with Helwani. My opinion of him has not changed:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

stephenl15 wrote: »
    What are the chances of this season being on 3 or 3e? Slim I would assume?

Less than slim mate I'd imagine. At least at BT sports pace anyway.

To be honest I can see why any irish MMA fan with Sky/UPC wouldn't have a BT Sports subscription. 20 quid a month gets you 99% of events, all the TUF's and and all the weekly shows. In HD!!

20 quid. What a bargain.

• Advertisement

Less than slim mate I'd imagine. At least at BT sports pace anyway.

To be honest I can see why any irish MMA fan with Sky/UPC wouldn't have a BT Sports subscription. 20 quid a month gets you 99% of events, all the TUF's and and all the weekly shows. In HD!!

20 quid. What a bargain.

Do you work for BT?

Advertisement