Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Dublin October 24th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'd love if we got a big title eliminator.
    Pettis v Khabib would be brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Paully D wrote: »
    Any idea when tickets will go on sale for this lads? I know we'll get that information tomorrow most likely but any guesses? As further away as possible would be great as I am broke with UFC Glasgow coming up :pac:

If it is as expected in October, tickets probably won't be on sale until late August/Mid-September.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Tickets will be soon i'd imagine. I'd guess at the end of the month.

As for the headliner, it's most likely going to be a Fight Night. So it'll be a pretty non relevant main event unfortunately.

If Cathal wins I wouldn't be shocked to see him headline. Although I can see the UFC pushing the 'Duffy is the last man to beat McGregor' narrative if Conor wins.

Conor beats Aldo, sets up a fight around October/November with Mendes. Put Duffy up against a top 10 headlining in Dublin and fast track him to a shot at Conor...

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Tickets will be soon i'd imagine. I'd guess at the end of the month.

You reckon? Tickets went on sale just over a month before July 11th last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You reckon? Tickets went on sale just over a month before July 11th last year?

Maybe you're right! I might not have thought it through :P

Late night ramblings. I'm calling Cathal v CM Punk.

Not announced tomorrow but wait for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

With the ramblings there making with the countdown videos each down in exspecting something good....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ASOT wrote: »
    With the ramblings there making with the countdown videos each down in exspecting something good....

same here, after the last UFC Dana said that nearly every top fighter on the roster called him and said they wanted to fight in Ireland, we could get something special

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Exactly that's why I'm exepecting more than a fight night card and they seem to be pushing it very hard, maybe a on Fox card or even a numbered card.... I'd cream my pants no word of a lie. Guess we find out soon enough anyway!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Where exactly is this being announced tomorrow? Just a twitter thing or will there be some kind of press conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Where exactly is this being announced tomorrow? Just a twitter thing or will there be some kind of press conference?

Location and date I would guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I'm going to miss this as i'm moving before it. Sickened. Last year was a special night. Hope its an epic main event too.

Front page of the sun has it announced for the 24th of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Id very shocked if the tickets went on sale before Vegas! Roll on 10am!

Front cover of the Sun, save anyone buying the rag.

https://twitter.com/irishsunonline/status/616133558864904192

"Tickets going on general sale from midday on Friday September 4"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/competitions/promotions/article6523271.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

What are the chances we get Aldo here in Croker for the belt? I don't think it's impossible, fairly unlikely though! Timing is right and it'll get stupid numbers wherever it's held.

Would be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

What are the chances we get Aldo here in Croker for the belt? I don't think it's impossible, fairly unlikely though! Timing is right and it'll get stupid numbers wherever it's held.

Would be epic.

I'd say we wont get Conor here regardless of what happens on the 11th. Vegas is where the money is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Seems to be oct 24th at the 3 arena. No titles so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Seems to be oct 24th at the 3 arena. No titles so

Where did you see mention of the 3 arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Have a feeling it's gonna be even harder to get tickets this time around even with Fight Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

That_Guy wrote: »
    Have a feeling it's gonna be even harder to get tickets this time around even with Fight Club.

Do you know how many tickets you can buy with fight club membership ($75 one)?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was gonna say it will be easier to get tix as McGregor will most likely not be fighting but I'm sure they will at least have him as a guest fighter which will be enough to send sales through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Where did you see mention of the 3 arena?

Confirmed on twitter. 3 arena on october 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Swarlez wrote: »
    Do you know how many tickets you can buy with fight club membership ($75 one)?

I think I had an allocation for 6 last year. Now, I definitely had an allocation for 6 for the upcoming fight in Vegas but it might depend on venue size.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Its a fight night event
    DUBLIN WILL PLAY host to the Ultimate Fighting Championship for the third time later this year.
    It’s been confirmed today — as was first reported here on The42 back in March — that a UFC Fight Night event will take place at the 3Arena on Saturday, 24 October.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

I think I had an allocation for 6 last year. Now, I definitely had an allocation for 6 for the upcoming fight in Vegas but it might depend on venue size.

Cheers, i see now on thier website:

UFC Fight Club Pre-Sale Tickets:

Ultimate and Elite Fight Club members, use your unique pre-sale code to be the first to get ticket access for 18 UFC events total, with a 6 ticket limit per event (unless otherwise noted).

and:

There may be limits specified on the number of Presale Tickets and VIP Packages that may be purchased per membership and per event. These terms are subject to change in Sponsor’s discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got this in an email.
    After months of anticipation, it's official. UFC is returning to Dublin, Ireland, on Saturday October 24 2015!

Last year, tickets to UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs Brandao sold out in a matter of minutes and over 9,000 fans witnessed a night to remember at the 3Arena in Dublin.

Tickets will go on sale to UFC Fight Club members at 10:00 BST on Wednesday, September 2. UFC newsletter subscribers gain access to tickets at 10:00 BST on Friday, September 4, two hours before the general on-sale begins at 12:00 BST.

Tickets will also be available to Sun+ members on Wednesday September 2 at 12:00 BST.

Three months of Sun+ for £9.99 lands you all of this:
    • Priority ticket booking for UFC Fight Night Dublin
    • Exclusive interviews, fight previews, competitions, post-fight reaction and more
    • Three-month subscription to UFC FIGHT PASS
    To satisfy your appetite until UFC returns to Dublin, don't forget to watch Ireland's own Conor McGregor take on UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo at UFC 189 on Saturday July 11, with the main card starting at 3am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Does anyone remember how much the VIP packages were last year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement