Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

And it was MY choice to leave out a :p at the end of my post but I probably should have included it!

Well, off to Raw to show them how its done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Well it's MY choice to drink this cuppa tea! Everyone stop bein fannies and post n00dz of yer sisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Hanley wrote: »
    Yup, I'll tell you exactly what it is because it's a great idea to take a training program that's effective for some of the biggest, strongest, most enduring and fastest recovering muscles and areas of your body and apply it to one of the most fragile and smallest one...

Well firstly I can't remember much of what the programme was like volume/recovery-wise, and secondly i was going to ask if, and then how you might modify it for shoulders. But regardless, i mainly just wanted it for the actual front squatting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Well it's MY choice to drink this cuppa tea! Everyone stop bein fannies and post n00dz of yer sisters.

Speaking of your sister..

What's the difference between a redhead's ladypart and a hurley?

If you tried really really hard you could eat a hurley...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Parsley wrote: »
    Well firstly I can't remember much of what the programme was like volume/recovery-wise, and secondly i was going to ask if, and then how you might modify it for shoulders. But regardless, i mainly just wanted it for the actual front squatting.

I most definitely can say that I learnt two valuable lessons for the next time I'm doing it.

1. Don't be an idiot and do **** loads of conditioning...it funnily enough has quite the impact on recovery after the first few weeks.

2. Don't be an idiot and try to diet hard whilst doing it.

Basically I'd eat, train and recover to support the goal:rolleyes:...so simple...so easily lost in translation.
    Paudee wrote:
    Speaking of your sister..

What's the difference between a redhead's ladypart and a hurley?

If you tried really really hard you could eat a hurley...

Paudee!!! PG 13....PG 13 I say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

gymfreak wrote: »
    I most definitely can say that I learnt two valuable lessons for the next time I'm doing it.

1. Don't be an idiot and do **** loads of conditioning...it funnily enough has quite the impact on recovery after the first few weeks.
    no problem there.
    2. Don't be an idiot and try to diet hard whilst doing it.
    again, not a problem :pac:
    Basically I'd eat, train and recover to support the goal:rolleyes:...so simple...so easily lost in translation.

think i could manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Did prowler runs for the 1st time ever today! They're the devil! Must get better! That is all! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Burkatron wrote: »
    Did prowler runs for the 1st time ever today! They're the devil! Must get better! That is all! :/
    I love the prowler!

I did these awful classes recently which were all high rep, low weight (i.e. 2.5kg DBs) and all I could think about was how much more fun it is to push a powler:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

I love the prowler!

I did these awful classes recently which were all high rep, low weight (i.e. 2.5kg DBs) and all I could think about was how much more fun it is to push a powler:D

I'm going to make myself love the prowler! We borrowed the 2 we had today but will have them permanently from next month on( at the latest, hopefully earlier)!! Couldn't believe the no feeling it gave me after the 3rd trip of 5! I barely remember the last 2 trips! :/ I didn't puke! :D Started too heavy though! It was 100% my bodyweight, it was around 80% for everyone else, the feckers wouldn't let me strip the weight on my trips though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

god i miss prowling! fecking elite fts and their prowler comps restricted to the states :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

god i miss prowling! fecking elite fts and their prowler comps restricted to the states :(

Prowler comps? That's complete crossfit marketing.

Hanley wrote: »

Prowler comps? That's complete crossfit marketing.

heh..meant as in their comps to win one! some moron threw away mine n jayrocs prowler. rage doesnt even begin...

heh..meant as in their comps to win one! some moron threw away mine n jayrocs prowler. rage doesnt even begin...

lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Lots of rumours on the interweb that an American super got popped. Another lifter too.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Lots of rumours on the interweb that an American super got popped. Another lifter too.

Anabroz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I've started listening to the rock station on grooveshark in work. I'm also growing my beard again. Its great. I'll never have to talk to work people again.

Good work drifter!

Now how should i spend my last day of holidays? I have an awful temptation to work but that would be such a waste of a day off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I've started listening to the rock station on grooveshark in work. I'm also growing my beard again. Its great. I'll never have to talk to work people again.

First the bike, now the beard. Have you started buying bandanas yet and referring to the new toy as your 'hog'?

Good work drifter!

Now how should i spend my last day of holidays? I have an awful temptation to work but that would be such a waste of a day off....

eating...
    g'em wrote: »
    First the bike, now the beard. Have you started buying bandanas yet and referring to the new toy as your 'hog'?

no...a hog is something you kill with a spear and roast over a fire...

I'm hungry...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Klokov-Chigichev-CrossFit-Games.jpg

There's more here in the comments, I thought this was funny though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Found this channel on Youtube. He's got a good series on the history of weightlifting if you want to pass an hour or two.

DamienH wrote: »
    Found this channel on Youtube. He's got a good series on the history of weightlifting if you want to pass an hour or two.

You don't simply find frank rothwell's channel.

It's a gateway channel man, back away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I thought I could handle it, just a little bit at a time. But I soon found myself looking for more footage, clean after clean, jerk after jerk! Now I can't sleep without my vitamin frank.... They call it chasing the snatch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

DamienH wrote: »
    They call it chasing the snatch

3322267.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9197597/Strong-men-more-likely-to-vote-Conservative.html

Physically strong men are more likely to hold right wing political views because they believe society should be geared to personal struggle and self-preservation, an academic study claims.

Bruce7 wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9197597/Strong-men-more-likely-to-vote-Conservative.html

Physically strong men are more likely to hold right wing political views because they believe society should be geared to personal struggle and self-preservation, an academic study claims.

Thats explains an awful lot about me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Thats explains an awful lot about me

You a leftie?

You a leftie?

No...but im not a big fan of society

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Bruce7 wrote: »

Apart from all the communist flags that dominate the record books in just about every strength sport in the world. Not to mention my sig, which I credit for at least 50% of my strength. The other 50% being evenly divided between my stubborness, low self esteem and my great hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

kevpants wrote: »
    Apart from all the communist flags that dominate the record books in just about every strength sport in the world. Not to mention my sig, which I credit for at least 50% of my strength. The other 50% being evenly divided between my stubborness, low self esteem and my great hair.

In fairness, in societies where you can't vote, and are only allowed to express one opinion, any feelings you might have about personal struggle and self-determination probably take a back seat to your desire not to be sent to a prison camp.

Advertisement