Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Puppy in cage-Pet shop in Cork

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

As said there is absolutely nothing illegal being done by the shop unless they are abusing/hurting the animals.
    I suggest you contact the Gardaí if you have any concerns as they are the correct statutory authority to deal with the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Pretty sure I know that store - the smell is horrendous and they know less about dog food and cat litter than I learned in 3 days working in a veterinary supplies store.

Was in a different store (not connected to that one) further up the country recently and there was a dead mouse in the feed dish in the white mouse cage, and it had been half eaten. There were 4 other mice in the cage, they had no water and the maybe 10 remaining seedy bits from their real food were under the dead mouse. The other rodents in the shop had as little food and water, and their fish section upstairs was boiling hot (must have been mid-thirties), dark (on lightbulb at top of stairs and tanks a good 30 feet away) and dirty. Difficult to tell how dirty the tanks were because of the lighting. On my way out I told the guy behind the counter that he should feed and water the animals and he just looked blankly at me and shrugged. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Why all the talk??? approach the owner and say it to him! make a show of him in front of customers if he doesnt have a valid reason!

Talking about it on here is doing nothing. If i lived anywhere near it i would be doing the exact same thing, dogs need space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I know the place.
    I was in there the other day, and the cage with the big snake wasnt locked and these 15 year old girls were opening it!
    Whenever I'm in there, there always seems to be dodgy characters and screaming preteens.

Advertisement