Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferry, Dublin to Liverpool(Birkenhead) Foot passenger.

• 25-05-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Has anyone travelled on this route as a foot passenger?I left it so late to book flights that they're all really expensive for Saturday and this is 38e.
    Is it easy to get from Birkenhead into the city centre of Liverpool? I'll be taking an onward train to Sheffield.

I don't mind that it's a seven hour boat trip either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

have you tried

www.eurolines.ie

you will be in birkenhead about 5/6am.walk or scrounge a lift to a bus or train stop.lime street easy to find.
    if it was me i would use the rail-sail option on irishferries or stena.about €40 single to liverpool.
    hope this helps.

actually,do you have to go to liverpool? if you just need to get to sheffield then just get rail-sail direct. even if you already paid for a train ticket, it could be still quicker and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

If you can gt a cheap flight to Manchester the Cleethorpes train will get you to Sheffield. in around an hour.

Sail rail out of Dublin with Irish Ferries is civilised enough for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Thanks guys. I panicked there for a second and had to check the time of the crossing. I'm leaving Dublin at 10am. So Should be getting into Liverpool at 5pm or so. It's easy enough from Liverpool to Sheffield.
    Couldn't get a cheap flight to manchester. Have gone Manchester to Sheffield a few times alright.
    The Sail and Rail would mean getting a train from Holyhead right?

yeah,train from holyhead.its at the ferryport.

• Advertisement
Advertisement