Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just signed up for Fight Club to get my ticket, and I see another quality fight has been announced! Can't f'n wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Gunni vs Maia Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Oh yes.
    Yes yes yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

God, I hope I can get tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Even with Fight Club, I'm nervous about getting a ticket for this now, the demand will be off the charts.

I've the trip over already booked and paid for, so I'll be saying my prayers this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Consider me pi$$3d off.

Can't go to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gunni would be better off with this standing, slight advantage for him there although it'll probably make for a boring fight.

I reckon Gunni got the call for this and was like "**** yeah". For a BJJ practitioner like Gunni this must be one of those "I get to fight one of my hero's" moments.

I reckon he HAS to go for the grappling, getting the chance to roll with a legend like Maia and test yourself is too much of a temptation and Gunni is seriously bloody good himself, he has to believe he can mix it up with him on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

99 days to go.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I reckon Gunni got the call for this and was like "**** yeah". For a BJJ practitioner like Gunni this must be one of those "I get to fight one of my hero's" moments.

I reckon he HAS to go for the grappling, getting the chance to roll with a legend like Maia and test yourself is too much of a temptation and Gunni is seriously bloody good himself, he has to believe he can mix it up with him on the ground.

I hear you, but in terms of chances of winning gunnis best off standing. Even if they're 50/50 in bjj (you'd have to give maia a slight edge) Maia's offensive wrestling is v strong so he's likely to be on top. It'll be very interesting to see them on the ground though.

I'm hoping gunni can withstand his early pressure where maia likely takes him down, but outstrikes him and improves as it goes on as Maia tends to tire.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Right lads, probably been asked before and I've actually read every post on this topic (sometimes when I'm drunk though..) so I can't remember the answer -

Anyway, can you buy 3 tickets using 1 Ticketmaster account and 3 tickets using another account? Both using the same presale code?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I hear you, but in terms of chances of winning gunnis best off standing. Even if they're 50/50 in bjj (you'd have to give maia a slight edge) Maia's offensive wrestling is v strong so he's likely to be on top. It'll be very interesting to see them on the ground though.

I'm hoping gunni can withstand his early pressure where maia likely takes him down, but outstrikes him and improves as it goes on as Maia tends to tire.

That's a very valid point. Gunni's Karate background means when he strikes he has crazy power, especially in his kicks. He's a very well rounded fighter really, he's long and rangey, fast, good power, very strong, incredible on the ground.

Maia isn't a bad striker at all, people completely underestimate his boxing in my opinion, but he would definitely prefer to spend most of the time on the mat and not have to worry about getting the legs kicks out from under him or a stiff jab in the nose.

I think it will be a great fight either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Wow. I was afraid after they annouced the first 3 fights that the rest of the card was going to muck, But they've really pulled it out of the bag this week. Between the Friday night and the Saturday this is going to be an unbelievable two days of UFC, Really picked a great time for my first trip to Vegas!

Was surprised at Gunni and Maia on this as I thought it would only be 11 fights with the two title fights but its 12. As for card layout, I'd say we'll be seeing something very close to this:
    Main Card
    Jose Aldo v Conor McGregor
    Chris Weidman v Luke Rockhold
    Yoel Romero v Jacare
    Max Holloway v Jeremy Stephens
    Demian Maia v Gunnar Nelson
    Fox Prelims
    Urijah Faber v Frankie Saenz
    Michelle Waterson v Tecia Torres
    Colby Covington v Warlley Alves
    John Makdessi v Yancy Medeiros
    Fightpass Prelims
    Leonardo Santos v Kevin Lee
    Court McGee v Marico Alexandre
    Joe Proctor v Magomed Mustafaev

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

**** I need a fight club code for next week. The wife reiterated the pass for Vegas was available to me. This one will have to be shorter and cheaper than July.

Anyone need a friend for a few days that likes poker and pints

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    **** I need a fight club code for next week. The wife reiterated the pass for Vegas was available to me. This one will have to be shorter and cheaper than July.

Anyone need a friend for a few days that likes poker and pints
    If you haven't booked yet, Thursday or Wednesday to Monday, Luxor or Excalibur, about 750 on expedia last I checked. I'm flying out Wednesday as there are now 3 events, Thurs/fri/sat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think this fight might be happening sooner than Dec 12 if they've to do much more media work, which of course they do have to.

I dunno why but the look on Duffy and Mendes's faces makes me laugh

ufc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

CatFromHue wrote: »

I think this fight might be happening sooner than Dec 12 if they've to do much more media work, which of course they do have to.

ufc.png

Nice one.

Picture is worth a thousand words as they say. All duffy has to do is stay in the W column and he will get another shot at Mcgregor once he goes to LW IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Vidjo_Star

When and who is Fedor fighting.

• CatFromHue wrote: »

ufc.png

Looked pretty set up/fake to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Vidjo_Star wrote: »
    When and who is Fedor fighting.

Dana says......

....... no comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Chase3 wrote: »
    If you haven't booked yet, Thursday or Wednesday to Monday, Luxor or Excalibur, about 750 on expedia last I checked. I'm flying out Wednesday as there are now 3 events, Thurs/fri/sat.

What event is on the Thursday? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

TimRiggins wrote: »
    What event is on the Thursday? :confused:

Just the venue (Chelsea cosmopolitan) and that it's a fight pass card announced.

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Right lads, probably been asked before and I've actually read every post on this topic (sometimes when I'm drunk though..) so I can't remember the answer -

Anyway, can you buy 3 tickets using 1 Ticketmaster account and 3 tickets using another account? Both using the same presale code?

Did see another answer to this. But yes you can. I bought 4 for 189, and my mate used my code to buy two more on his card - on the other side of Australia, addresses don't need to even match

Gunni has competed against some of the bjj greats already. (Marcelo, Vinny, for example). A much as he'd love to get the sub, or even impose his will on the ground. I think he'll gameplan to give himself the best chance of winning.
    That's not to say they won't hit the mat anyway of course

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Mellor wrote: »
    Did see another answer to this. But yes you can. I bought 4 for 189, and my mate used my code to buy two more on his card - on the other side of Australia, addresses don't need to even match

Did you buy them both at the same time? Like were you both going through checkout around the same time?

Thanks for this.

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Did you buy them both at the same time? Like were you both going through checkout around the same time?

Thanks for this.

No problem. I bought my as soon as they went on sale, which was middle of the night for me. I didn't send my code to my mate until the next morning. So 5 hours apart at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

McGregor really is in the head of Aldo. I say Aldo does be having nightmares of McGregor at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭xtal191

Angry Aldo could mean we see him at his best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

So, I've never ordered tickets for a US event before and I understand I need a US ticketmaster account.

A couple of questions.

When I set up the ticketmaster account, it insists on a zip code, what to do here?

If I pick a random us zip code, do tickets need to be posted out and will this zip code thing cause a problem?

Also on the zip code, what if it doesn't match card details?

Thanks. This really should be easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Just put in 00000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Saipanne wrote: »
    So, I've never ordered tickets for a US event before and I understand I need a US ticketmaster account.

A couple of questions.

When I set up the ticketmaster account, it insists on a zip code, what to do here?

If I pick a random us zip code, do tickets need to be posted out and will this zip code thing cause a problem?

Also on the zip code, what if it doesn't match card details?

Thanks. This really should be easier!

You don't get tickets sent out for events you print at home or collect at will call and you should be able to choose your country of residence or choose international

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement